Thursday, 12 August 2010

Enjoy Life!

Hey!

Happy Thursday, Peeps! This isn't your regular-happy-go-lucky-Thursday though...this is August 12th 2010 and d'ya know what that means?!
Yup - CASE study is officially OPEN!!!!!! Oh I've been waiting for this day for so long (well a couple of weeks, ever since I'd first heard about it and asked to be on the DT LOL!)

So I can now reveal that our first CASE study for August will be Makiko Jones! What a talented, crafty lady she is! So y'know the deal, we'll share a creation of Makiko's with you each week (on a Thursday) and you're simply to gain inspiration from it! Here's this week's CASE study:

Feel free to totally CASE the creation if you wanna, or just pick out something you like about the creation and put it into your own creation! The thing I love the most about this challenge, is that it still lets you have your own 'style'. So I know that the style of this card is completely outta my comfort zone; however I was totally inspired by the colours Makiko used. So I went with that, along with some other features such as the fab embossing and the subtle but so effective sponging of ink around the focal panel and came up with this:

Card Recipe
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Star Prints
Ink: Memento Black
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink True Black/Stamper's Select White/DCWV Brights Collection
Accesories: Papertrey Ink Hibiscus Burst Grosgrain Ribbon/Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch and Stamps/Cuttlebug/Nestabilities/Papertrey Ink Impression Plate/White Gel Pen
/Shimmer Chalks/Hero Arts gem/

I hope you like it! I used chalk instead of ink, my pic doesn't pick it up too well but it's pretty and shimmers IRL! Now the super DT that I'm honoured to be a part of have also taken inspiration to create their own takes on the card, I seriously recommend you check 'em out. It's so interesting how we all take different elements of inspiration - I love it!

Chupa
Andrea Ewen
Carole Kisch
Cindy Lee
Lenet Mos
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams
Makiko Jones (August Muse)

...and last but not least, hop over to the CASE Study blog, and play along with us!!

Well I really hope you can join in the fun too and remember, there's a $10 gift certificate for the Etsy shop, Pixiepetals where you can grab some super sweet embellishments such as these for your creations!

I'm also gonna squeeze this card into the current Wee Memories challenge which is to use butterflies on your creations and I think this qualifies with five of 'em on LOL!

I have to say this card totally reflects my mood at the moment! Not only am I honoured to be on a fabby new DT, but also I got an email from CARDS magazine and they want to publish some of my cards for the January issue!!! Oh and I spent a hilarious afternoon/night with girly friends at a hen party this week - in which I ended up in full men's ice hockey gear and nowhere near ice, I don't think I've laughed so hard for AGES and I wasn't even drinking alcohol - I might even have a pic of it! Happy times! Sometimes you just gotta pinch yourself, right? And make the most of the sweet feeling...!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

31 comments:

Ann said...

Gorgeous creation, Aimes! Wow oh wow!

And congrats on the pubs! :D

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

YEAH you!!! Two big thumbs up for the upcoming pub!!
I love what you did with the inspiration... you're SO clever, chickie! :D

Nicki said...

Love these colours! and love the card, really lovely
Nicki
x

Lynn said...

You go!!!! So deserving to be published again!! Very impressed! And I love your card...love the embossed background and the ribbon treatment!

Jessica said...

Oh I really love the clean lines of this and the clors are great!

Katiejane said...

Those butterflies are totally gorgeous Aimes and I love how you did the ribbon!
Congrats on your DT position, how cool and Woohoo........well done on making it into cards, that really is awesome news!
Hugs, Katie x

carole-ish said...

happy thursday, aimes!!
i love your beautiful butterflies ~ oh, so pretty!! fabulous card. :)

Lori said...

Congratulations Aimes on the new dt position!! Beautiful card!!

Rhonda said...

Love it! It's all about the little details and you have them! Congrats on the DT and Cards publication.

Melissa said...

So beautiful Aimes! Love those colors and the butterflies and ribbon are so pretty! Great take on the original card. Big hugs to you!

Dana said...

OMG. Not only is the inspiration card fab, but YOUR design is SUPERB Amy! I love the IP and the subtle sponging around the sentiment circle. SO gorgeous.

Maureen said...

LOVE this!!! Oh, that embossed panel made me drool!!! LOVE the idea of CASEing, but in any style or whatever inspires you :) (BTW...these colours are very close to the new Wild Card Challenge coming up!!lol). Congrats again on your upcoming publications!!!! Woot, woot...so glad you are submitting :) I see "cover" girl happening within no time :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Congrats on the CARDs publication, Aimes! Surely well deserved! I love your awesome card with it's striking colors and butterfly beauties!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

What a cool idea for a Challenge Blog, and what a totally amazing CASE you pulled off! So beautiful, love the butterflies!

And *wow* on getting picked by CARDS - Aimes I'm so proud of you!!

Nerina said...

Wooohoooo!! How exciting for Case Study to be open (I still can't get onto the site - sob) I love your card! Thank you for sharing your creative process with us - it isn't obvious that your card is cased and I enjoyed hearing about your inspiration!

Sharron said...

Oh WOW--FABULOUS creation for the CASE study! I love the embossing and beautiful butterflies. And huge congrats on both the DT position and the CARDS publication!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Hi ya Amies! This is going to be an interesting and fun challenge blog to join in on. I love how you have interrupted the card to CASE. Beautiful!

Dana said...

What a beautiful card, Aimes! Love the butterflies and textures on this. I hope to join the challenge, I really like the concept of it. Hugs, D

Courtney Baker said...

Gorgeous! I love that tea pot! So stinkin cool!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Amy, both of your cards are fabulous! Great designs. Thanks for playing along us at Wee Memories! :)

Teneale Williams said...

I just love your card. I totally agree with how all the DT used different elements of Makiko's card and mixed it with our own style creating such different looks.

Congrats on the publication news.

Have a lovely weekend.

Teneale :)

Makiko Jones said...

This is super beautiful, Aimes!! I love the embossing background and those butterflies!

Michele Gross said...

Wowzers! You are just rolling in the excitement!! Love it and love your card! The butterflies on that cool textured background totally rock :) Gorgeous! Glad you joined us at Wee Memories :)

peggysue said...

Boy, where do I begin??? NO surprise here at ALL that you are going to be published! You have talent oozing out of every pore! And that looks like such a fun challenge, if I find time this weekend I'll look at it, mostly busy until the kids start school aggain. CUTE card, you did the colors faithfully!

Noora said...

Aimes, this card is stunning! love these butterflies and the stitching..this challenge is really cool, I am not sure if I can participate this week or not, kinda busy, but I am sure I will participate soon!

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Lovely creations, Aimes!

xoxo

Sue Kohler said...

this is another beauty Amy! Love the simplicity but it is still so elegant! Congrats on the publication news- totally deserved!! :)

Heather P. said...

Love, love, LOVE your take on the inspiration! Just FABULOUS!

And a big ole CONGRATS on the upcoming pubs... WOOOOT! :)

IamDerby said...

I am loving all those little butterflies!

Cindy Lee said...

Once again, congrats on the pub!! I'm so glad we could be in the issue together :)

I love this card and it's so you!

Terri said...

Great interpretation. Congrats on getting your cards published too!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.