Thursday, 26 August 2010

Inky Fingers...

Hey!

Well c'mon peeps, it's a Thursday and we all know what that means, right?! Not only is it Friday eve, but.....

...altogether now....

Yay! Time for another CASE study to play along with! I really, really hope you can play along too :D

So as August's Muse, the fabby Makiko Jones has this creation for us to CASE

So I took a good look at the different elements of the card, injected a bit of my own kinda style, and came up with this:

If you can't tell already, the things I decided to CASE were the colours, the flowers, the die cut shape and sponging ink (or in my case, chalk) with my nestie still in place. I love how you can CASE all this, and end up with a completely different style of card! Do you recognise the layout? Well I cheated slightly and used this card to kick my mojo into gear!

And yes, this is my attempt at making my own flower embellie with alcohol inks and let me just say that if you're gonna do this, whatever you do WEAR PLASTIC GLOVES! Ask me how I know what happens when you don't *grin* My guy came home to find me looking like I'd committed murder and the darn ink will not budge! And just to add a lil' more drama I've got a wedding to attend tomorrow - eek!

So c'mon peeps, play along because you can CASE anything from Makiko's creation: colours, layout, flowers - ANYTHING! And if you do play along, you could not only win a super Winner badge for your blog or a top 3 blinikie (woot, woot!), one randomly selected participant will win some gorgeous goodies courtesy of Judith Gowdy, an owner of JayGee's Nook!! Judith is giving out a fabulous prize - the winner will have an option to choose one of these fabulous stamp sets: 'Bake Me a Cake' from Lawn Fawn or 'The Whole Cycle' from Practicing Creativity!



So what'cha waitin' for?!?! Check out what the rest of the DT CASED if you need inspiring:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Andrea Ewen
Carole Kisch
Cindy Lee
Lenet Mos
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams
Makiko Jones (August Muse)

Right then, I'm off to scrub my hands some more.....

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

Card Deets

{Birthday Wishes}
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Turning a New Leaf, Text Style, Round & Round
Ink: Versamark/Papertrey Ink - Spring Moss, Spring Rain/Memento Brown/Ranger Alcohol Ink
Cardstock: DCWV Blue/White from Stash/
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Cuttlebug Flower Die/Nestabilities/Clear Embossing Powder/Chalks/PTI Button

21 comments:

Karen B. said...

That's a wonderful card and really looks worth all your effort-inky fingers and all. Love the shape of it.

Vicki said...

Love your card Aimes, it's simply beautiful ;)

Hugs
Vicki x

Lynn said...

Love the subtleness of this card! The leaf on the card base is the perfect touch...

Do you have a hot pink dress to match your fingers? :)!!!

Lenet said...

love how your alcohol ink flower turned out.

~amy~ said...

SWEET card...love it...and p.s. we wanna see pictures of you all dolled up for the wedding and well, your lovely hands...lol.

Melissa said...

Love this Aimes! Your shaped card is gorgeous with those vibrant colors! Love that flower!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Cute card Aimes! Love the inspiration that triggered this. I just might get inky a bit later to join in the fun! Have a great day and hope the stains come off your hands sooner then later!

Makiko Jones said...

Simply FAB-ulous, Aimes!! Your inspired CAS style inspires me so much!

Katiejane said...

Fabby card, lovely simplisctic card. Your flower embellishment is so creative. I hope you manage to get the ink off in time for the wedding, have a wonderful day tomorrow :)
Hugs Katie xx

Linda said...

Fabulous flower! Did you try the Isopropyl (rubbing) Alcohol on your fingers? It's working on my shoe! You can try the Vodka too. But I'd make that a last resort. After the wedding and just drink it to forget about your pink fingers!! Just have fun and remind them, or anyone that might mention them, you're an artist.

Sharron said...

Just fabulous--love your CAS design! Great idea to use the light colored leaves and bright pop of color with the flower. Hope the finger stains are rapidly fading!!

peggysue said...

Both cards are sweet, inspiration and CASE. I like that flower!

Maureen said...

oh, love that raspberry flower!!! And you bleed raspberry fizz? nothing wrong with that!! LOL just got back from my 3 day workshop...a bit frazzled, but good:) starting to get a little nervous about the new position and school and parents...you know, that little voice we shouldn't listen to...anyways, I'll survive :) Have a fun time at the wedding...wear a raspberry top and blend in!! LOL

Sarita said...

Gorgeous Aimes!! I too learned the hard way to wear gloves when using these inks!
Love your card and your flower is just beautiful,
Love Sarita xx

Debby said...

Love the pop of pink against the turquoise. Fab job Aimes.

IamDerby said...

Beautiful!

Sue Kohler said...

I love this design Amy, you used some great inspiration from Maki's card! The flower is devine- great colour-lol!!! :)

Belinda said...

Love the patterns you stamped on the blue cardstock and the fabby pink flower you created! Hope your hands turned out ok!!! Haha!

Cindy Lee said...

The colors are my favourite! I just love this card!

Heather P. said...

CAS and totally FAB! :)

LOL, glad to hear the ink came off! :)

Terri said...

Great interpretation., Love the flower and the colors too too!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.