Monday, 9 August 2010

MAGICAL!

Hey!

Happy Monday!!! Still happy for me, starting week 3 of 6 weeks off, yup nearly halfway through and it's zooming by so fast!

I'm popping in with a card today that has been keeping me up at night, bugging my mind until I made it. I'm so thankful that I did because not only does it makes me smile, but really impressed my guy and made him smile too :D

I know what'cha thinking...."what's there to smile about?"....well just pull that little terracotta tile tab on top and you'll see...


...just a wee bit more....

TA-DAH!


Card Recipe
Stamps: On My Couch/On My Couch Additions/Polka Do
t Basics II
Ink: Terracotta Tile/Versamark/Stazon Black
Cardstock: Smokey Shadow/Soft Stone/Terracotta Tile/Ripe Avocado
Accessories: Acetate/Ripe Avocado Grosgrain Ribbon/ Fiskars Border Punch/Corner Rounder/Nesties/Fresh Snow Twill/Brads

I hope it makes you smile too! Not only does the chair magically cover itself, it releases a pun based sentiment! Aha! EUREKA! This card has been bugging my mind for ages I'm so happy I got to put the theory into practice and I can now sleep at night!

This card is for our brand new shiny challenge on the PTI Blog - I hope you too can play along and create a long a tall card (don't worry you don't have to make a card like this - I'll confess it took me a while to figure out the logistics of it!) just break outta your comfort zone and create a long/tall card for a change - I promise it's good for the creative soul!

Now I cannot claim full credit for this creation so I'd like to nod you in the direction of the following:
  • The colour combo came from this fab creation from one of my fave PTI DT members, Lisa Johnson (I just threw in the Ripe Avocado instead of Kraft for good measure; green makes everything better IMHO!)
  • The idea to make a magical slider card came from this super old tutorial on SCS that I saw over a year ago and thought was pretty cool. I just knew there was a reason it stuck in my head all that time! I didn't make it the same as this tutorial, but that's where the concept comes from!
This card is going off to my Dad; he's recovering well but it's still such a long journey to full recovery that I figured he might appreciate this along with some Jelly Babies or Liquorice Torpedoes (he has a real sweet tooth if you hadn't guessed!)

Thanks so much for stopping by, I really appreciate it and the sweet comments you leave - I do read every single one in pure appreciation y'know!

I'm off to a Hen Afternoon tomorrow (always thought they were s'posed to be hen nights but anyways I'm sure it'll be a girly giggle!) so I'll be back later this week 'cos I just NEED to play along with the current (and nearly ending) Embellish challenge and this week I get to play as a DT member over on CASE study - so excited!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

Edited to add: I'm finally starting to catch up on the Papertrey Peeps Challenges with this card too! This one is for Challenge #11 which is to try something different with my cardmaking; well I certainly don't make these everyday LOL!

34 comments:

Karen M said...

Fantastic! Love this. Ok so now I have to buy this set too!!

Maureen said...

ahh, so this is what you kept smudging!!! I love it!!!! How cute is that pop up sentiment!!!! So ingenius and fun!!! Your dad will love it...so glad to hear he's on the mend...hopefully he takes his time and doesn't overdo it. Did you say a "shiny" challenge!!! lol...should have my old, but updated computer back tomorrow :) I forgot about the Embellish challenge and wanted to do it too :) Love the colours on it this time :) hugs!!!! and have fun with the hens :D

Stephanie said...

Holy Moly Aimes that's a work of genius....your brilliance is starting to grate me a little bit now missy ;)

Isha said...

Hi Aimes, just love love love your Card. Its amazing. I am so happy today...won my first PTI Stamp.yu hooo

Rhonda said...

I wondered what you kept smudging! This is so fun. LOVE IT!

Dana said...

That's sooo fun and clever, Aimes!! Love it :-)

Ann said...

Eeeee! This is brilliant, my friend! Love, love, love it!

Emma said...

Yikes!! this is just too darn good Miss. It is sublime perfection with nobs on lol! I am your ever humble servant - please teach me your magical ways ;D

Emma said...

YIKES!! this is just TOO darn good Miss. I am totally blown away (again) with your sublime creativity. Forever your humble servant - please teach me your crafty ways ;D

Emma said...

Oh Lordy please forgive my numptiness at 2 comments - you are totally worth it though ;D

Jennifer K said...

Holy smokes, Aimes. This is brilliant! So clever how the chair magically recovers itself. Now I gotta figure out how you did that! :)

Karen B. said...

Oh love this! So perfectly creative, and equally as masculine. Inventive, intuitive and fun!

Noora said...

wow Aimes! this is really magical...:)..really love it! now u can finally sleep in peace!!..:)

Heather P. said...

LOL! Oh my word! Love, love, LOVE this! Just genius! :)

Lynn said...

Aimes...love your card...perfect for your dad! Have a great hen day tomorrow! Can't wait to see the CASE study challenge too!!!

Andrea M said...

Magical and brilliant! Love the colors and the recovered chair! I'm sure it'll absolutely brighten your dad's day ;) Amazing work Aimes! You constantly amaze me!

Sharron said...

Oh Aimes, your dad will love this--a definite smile maker! You are so clever--great design and fabulous colors! FUN, FUN card!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

LOL I've been wondering what it is that you kept smudging too!! This is simply INGENIOUS, girl... LOVE LOVE it!

Sue Kohler said...

a super stunning creation amy!! the colours are fabulous! :)

Dana said...

*thud* You've outdone yourself again Amy! How do you do it? You have the brain of a magician I tell ya! This is not only clever and unique, but it's so well executed that it should be published! Love it!

peggysue said...

Oh my word, this is so clever! Cool challenge too, a tall card, I made one of them recently for another challenge, they're quite fun, but yours is so much better because you can think out of the box and not use white all the time!!!

Terri said...

Very cool! I bet your dad will love it. Hope the rest of your vacation goes a bit slower for you!

Belinda said...

Too cute! Love the idea of the pun with the sliding acetate technique! Way too cute! :)

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Good to see you finally left your acetate alone, lol!! This is a fab card Aimes, it's like magic! Thanks for all the links for your inspiration, think I might save those to use one day!

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog too, really made me laugh!

Lori said...

Time does go too fast doesn't it! Your card does put a smile on my face, fantastic!!

Courtney Baker said...

Very cool Amy! I love so many different things! Thanks for sharing the inspiration as well.

Katiejane said...

I love this, I just saw it over on APFP, it's so creative.
I hope your Dad loved it along with his sweetie stash bless him. I hope it'll help sweeten and speed up his recovery :)
Katie x

Nerina said...

What a drop dead wonderful card Aimes!! I can't believe how creative this is! (How DID you do it??!!) It's absolutely PERFECT! (And my name is actually up on your blog?! - *Blush* - and thank you!)

Sue Ann said...

Well how crafty are you ?? Your idea is brilliant and you pulled it off beautifully!!! FANTASTIC!!!!

Laurie said...

This is awesome! I love it! What a fun idea! Love your blog! Thanks for posting the link on the forum!

IamDerby said...

Hi Amy! This is so cute! Very clever!

BethieJ said...

Such a CUTE card!! Your dad is gonna love it!!
Have FUN at your hen afternoon!

Emm said...

Great card-fun technique!

Jill said...

Aimes, you clever gal, you! This is definitely a SMILE card! I love it!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.