Thursday, 7 October 2010

Can you guess what it is yet?

Hey!

What did I tell you? This week is just zooming by so fast! I'm still surrounded by fabulous PTI goodies I have to pack up for our make and take and just to add a li'l bit more pressure, I've come down with a horrid lurgy! I know my guy is so kind and sharing, but did he really have to share this with me?!

Sniffles and organising aside; it's Friday Eve and nothing stops for:A new CASE study! And with it this week, our fabulous new muse for October, Barbara Anders! Oh I just know you're gonna love the creations up for CASEing this month *wink*.

Here's what's up for CASEing this week:


Check out the leafy goodness on this baby! So in between sniffles, coughing, spluttering and organising, I squeezed what little inky time I could find to make my take of it:

Thank You

Recognise it?! OK so I've kinda cheated and used my own card from my last post for extra inspiration; but as I'm so busy (and ill *sob*) I'll hope you'll let me off!

Just a note about this card- the title of today's post is a reference to my seam binding; it's s'posed to be a flower if you couldn't tell! Don't ask me how I created that random flower from the seam binding. I envy all of you who can create those beautiful bows with it. I even followed a tutorial and my bow looked awful! So as a last resort, I stuck a load of tape down and twisted the ribbon randomly, sticking a button in the middle for the centre LOL! Do you think I'll get away with it?!

So as always - we'd love it if you could join in this week with us! If you need more inspiration (I have a feeling you might if you're still squinting at the screen trying to make the seam binding look like a flower LOL!) then check out the fabby CASE study DT:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Andrea Ewen
Carole Kisch
Cindy Lee
Lenet Mos
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams
Barbara Anders (October's Muse)

OK back to make and take business with large doses of honey and lemon for me! Have a super duper weekend - mine's gonna be busy but oh so fun meeting some of you! I can't wait!

Catch ya later!






Card Deets {Thank You}
Stamps: Turning a New Leaf, Round and Round (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Hint of Pesto (Versamagic)/Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Dotty Biscotti (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Seam Binding (thanks, Diva!)/Vintage button (Papertrey Ink)/Apron Lace Border Punch (Fiskars)

32 comments:

Marisa said...

I'm drooling!! Gorgeous DP, my fav PTI set and look at your flower! Stunning!!

~amy~ said...

Oh sorry about your cold!!!! Take care of yourself...such a fab card...love the bloom!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Firstly, I'm so sorry that you're ill, girl! Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery, especially that the fun make & take is coming your way!
I adore that flower big way, why didn't I think about that before?! It's a totally rocking way to stamp these leaves too, you amazed me yet again!! Wahoo!

Isha said...

As soon as I saw this card, I thought...Hmmm...I have seen this before and then I read it was yours ;) This one is lovely too AimeS, TFS. I would love to play in CASE study but dont exactly know the meaning of it. I think its creating the same or what??? Please let me know.

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Gorgeous card, Aimes! Love the colors you've used!

xoxo

Cassandra said...

Both cards are so lovely, may have to attempt something like this myself.

Emma said...

No, no, no please retrace your steps and let us all know EXACTLY how you made your fabuuulous seam binding flower - it ab-fab :D

Have a strokably wonderful PTI day my sweet (down south next time - yes? ;D)

Debby said...

Hope you feel better soon Aimes. The card is great - love the stamping on that Dotty Biscotti. Also your flower is fab!

Lynn said...

Aimes...your flower is gorgeous...I looked it at it on the CASE Study blog first and wondered how you did it!! LOL! I love it...love the soft colors of the cards too...feel better! No fun...go to bed early so you're all rested for your make and take!!

Karen B. said...

Well I hope that you feel better soon and just a quick comment to say that your card is amazing, complete with the flower!

Dana said...

Maybe being sick is helping you, because your mojo has been on FIRE girl. LOVE that flower...I can't make those shabby, floppy bows either, but this awesome flower I might be able to pull off...
Great CASE. Hope you feel better soon!

Andrea Ewen said...

I absolutely adore your flower, Aimes! I didn't even have to squint at it! Super design and wonderful colors on your card. Love the whole thing, ESPECIALLY the seam binding flower!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Aimes! That seam binding flower is awesome! I'm going to have to CASE *it*!

Katiejane said...

Oh Aimes you poor thing and just when you didn't need it aswell! Isn't that always the way?
Your card is lovely, I have to say I wondered how you created that lovely flower and when I read on I had to giggle. That's the sort of thing I'd do!
Hope you get better soon and no rush on posting my dies. It sounds like you are snowed under. Although I can imagine there are worst things to be snowed under with ;)
Hugs, Katie x

Maureen said...

LOL, I saw this card on my dashboard, but didn't leave a comment when I wanted to!!! So glad you found a use for the ribbon...it looks fabulous...we card makers should never admit to how cards are put together!!! LOL...you should see some of mine!!! YIKES!!! I love that you CASEd yourself....I can see why...those leaves on the dotty biscotti are genius :) Feel better soon...sending you tea and honey in my thoughts :D Hey, did you redo your blog header and signature yourself or did someone do it? I'm thinking I want to redo mine (but with help!)

Hugs,
diva Moe :)

Nerina said...

Aimes, this is totally and completely GORGEOUS! Simple perfection - Love what you've done with those leaves! I'm so, so, so sorry you've got a doozie of a cold :0( you poor thing! Take care of it so it leaves you alone soooooon - you've got places to go and things to do!! {{{HUGS}}!

Sharron said...

Aimes, your flower is absolutely gorgeous--beautiful job and fab colors! Hope you are feeling better and all ready for your make and take. I'm sure it will be tons of fun. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

The ribbon flower is beautiful! I chuckled while reading how you made it. But sometimes it takes just 'messing around' to achieve beauty. Hope you feel better soon esp. for your gathering on Sunday!

Catherine Pooler said...

Amy, thank you so much for your comment!
Your work is incredible, right up my alley!

Terri said...

I am sorry to hear you are sick. Great job on the case. Love how the PP shows through the stamped image. I also like how your ribbon flower came out too. Hope you feel better soon and your make and take goes well.

Sue Kohler said...

This is fabulous Amy, you got me again wit the dots! You certainly haven' lost your creative flair with your lurgy! I hope you are back on track to good health very soon! :)

Ann said...

Wowza, Aimes, this is amazing! Fabulous card!

Huguenot Girl said...

Absolutely gorgeous Aimes. Hope you are feeling better by Sunday! Can't wait! Nx

Fiona Harrison said...

Get better soon. Love your flower, also just wandered through & found your starry guy cards. Needed idea for 15yo nephew from my parents, thank you!!! Case coming on,
Fi

Jess said...

This is beautiful Amy! I love it, and I love that you've CASEd yourself too!

I hope you get better soon ;)

Tasha said...

Gosh this is beautiful, love the ribbbon flower
love tasha xx

Joy said...

Stunning card, and great take on the inspiration card, truly eye catching.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card! Love how you made that ribbon flower. :o)

Dana said...

This is so beautiful!! Hope you're feeling better, Aimes :)

Caryn said...

Very very pretty Aimes - if you hadn't said I would have thought that flower had been TOTALLY deliberate!!
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Jen Carter said...

I LOVE your flower bow!! that is such a creative idea! Very pretty card!

Amy said...

Love the dotty bis paper! I forget to use it....dont' know why. It's beautiful especially with those leaves over stamped on it!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.