Wednesday, 29 December 2010

A Christmas Birthday...

Hey!

I hope you all had a super holiday! I'm still in the midst of recovering from the busiest few days of the year: we had not only Christmas, but a Christmas Birthday to celebrate and a Christmas Wedding to attend (that looked so pretty with the snow surrounding!) so I'm ready for some rest and it's not even New Years Eve quite yet!

But enough of my plans, the reason I'm here is to share this card with you:

Happy Birthday

This was made for my mum's birthday (celebrated on Boxing Day!)

I'm also being super sneaky as it also fits into our new challenge on the our PTI blog! We're keeping our challenge this fortnight pretty simple due to the busy season so all we're asking is that you incorporate a background set into your project and use at least one Papertrey ink product. Easy peasy! As you can see - I'm a sucker for polka dots and adore my Polka Dot Basics II set :)

So if you can find any spare inky time then we'd love it if you could join in the fun with us! Up for one lucky European Peeps is a PTI Signature Series: Cupcake mini stamp set!

I'll be catching up with y'all via my Google Reader as soon I recover from being a party animal: you can tell I'm getting older with the amount of days rather than hours it takes to recover from the late nights - ha!

Stay tuned tomorrow for a new CASE study too! I'll be sharing the card I made for the wedding we attended on Monday - I don't have any wedding themed stamps so I really had to think outta the box for that one...

Catch ya later!






Card Deets
{happy biRthDay}
Stamps: Birthday Bash Sentiments, Polka Dot Basics II
Ink: Spring Rain (Papertrey Ink)/London Fog (Memento)
Cardstock: White and Pink Shimmer Cardstock (Papetrey Ink)
Accessories: Fresh Snow Satin Ribbon (Papertrey Ink)/Chompy (Corner Rounder)/Ribbon (Scraps!)/Clear Gem (Hero Arts)

12 comments:

Heidi said...

Aimes that is a beautiful card! I love the dots with the swirl of the gift box. So clever!

Lynn said...

Oh..love how soft and subtle this card is and very elegant..I am sure your mum loved it! Hope your fingers recover from the Legos...we could go to therapy together! Lol

Ann said...

What a sweet card, Aimes! Bet your mom loved it! Who doesn't love a good polka dot?

Glad you had a good holiday. I got a PTI gift card, so you know I'm happy. :D

Andrea M said...

I know, right! The last wedding we went to was so much fun - and it took me days to get over it LOL!
This card is so pretty Aimes!!! Love the embossed, shimmery gift!!! It's so elegant :) This card gives me so many ideas!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Noora said...

What a beautiful card! its so clean and so pretty...I am sure your mom loved it..:)..happu new year! by the way, how is your father doing? I hope he was able to spend christamse at home with his family!

torico said...

So beautiful and elegant!

Vicki said...

Hey, Merry Christmas Aimes, hope you had a good one :) Love your card and I'm going to try and join in with this challenge (fingers crossed!) I can't believe how busy it's been, to the point of MANIC! Enjoy the rest of the hols ;)

Hugs
Vicki x

~amy~ said...

sooo pretty sista!

Terri said...

Great job! Love the embossed present. Hope things slow down for you soon and your New year is a great one!

Maureen said...

sounds like you are having a great Christmas break (I hope so!)...Love the present you've created here :) I wonder what's inside!! Enjoy the rest of your holiday :) hugs!!

Nerina said...

Heee! Hope you're fully recovered from your hectic social life now :0)... looks like you made the party beautiful anyways! Love the polka dots and the textured prezzie on this!

Laurie said...

How did I miss this? That little package is super sweet! I love it! What a fun card! I might have to CASE this idea! :)

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.