Thursday, 9 December 2010

Gorgeous Green...

Hey!

Well things are still soooooooo icy cold here, but I'm returning to more of a routine which sadly means much less inky time *sob* I was becoming used to rolling outta bed, putting the kettle on and going to straight to my crafting corner!

But enough moaning from me, let's get your brains working this morning with a bit of maths. Ready?

Friday Eve = CASE study (Now that's my kinda Maths - Ha!)


Still with me? I hope so because here as our Muse for December is Nina Brackett's gorgeous creation up for CASEing:


And here's my very CAS and Monochromatic take on it (made during my bonus inky hours last week *wink*)

there's no one like you friend

Hope you can tell that I was inspired by the layout and the flower from the original. Y'know I treated myself to some of these delicious, pre-sparkled Prima flowers in green (what else?!) ages ago and have been hoarding them like Gollum from Lord of the Rings, "My Precious!" Ha! So I decided it was about time to let at least one of these babies loose and this one matched almost perfectly with New Leaf cardstock *smile*.

Here's hoping you can play along with us! Remember that one random peep will win some goodies so why not have a go?! And if you need more inspiration, then check out the rest of the fabulous CASE study DT:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Lenet Mos
Melyssa Connolly
Sue Kohler
Nina Brackett (December's Muse)

Now I'm off to try and use some of my other precious sparkly treasures that I've been guilty of hoarding....if I can find an inky moment that is!

Catch ya later!






Card Deets
{there's no one like you FRIEND}
Stamps: Friends 'til the End/Turning a New Leaf (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)/Versamark/Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: New Leaf (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Polka Dot Impression Plate, True Black Grosgrain Ribbon (Papertrey Ink)/Lace Trim/Chompy (Corner Chomper)/Glittered Flower (Prima)

31 comments:

Jen Carter said...

LOVE it!! I just love all the green on this card and that glittery flower is just wonderful! I love the leaf that you added behind it and the placement of the sentiment too!

~amy~ said...

Faulous sista!!! That bloom is gorgeous!!

Vanessa said...

This is a stunning green masterpiece, Aimes!!! Love your Precious, no wonder you were hoarding it! I hope you'll get your inky time! Hugs, Vanessa x

Jean Martin said...

Haha! Aimes! I'm so glad you decided to release one of your "precious"! Hahaha! That just made my night! Hee! :) Love your card by the way! Hugs!!!

Debby said...

green - now that's my kinda colour. Love it!

Joy said...

Gorgeous Aimes, I just love all the green, tone on tone is so pretty and the touch of glitter on your super beautiful flower is the perfect touch, hugs!

Larisa said...

wow!!! Green card is absolutely great!!! Love the flower a lot))

Emma said...

Wowzer that is a beauty! gorgeous in green as always and I LOVE how zingy it looks.

Jess said...

This is so lovely Aimes! I love the monochromatic look... so clean and simple, yet striking!

Such a gorgeous flower too, I understand why you've been hoarding it ;)

Jay Gee said...

I can see why you would want to hoard these flowers, beautiful! I like you take on Nina's card.

Julie said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the green and I have some of those flower in other colors....and I like to keep them for special occasions! :)

Lynn said...

Green, green, green...I'm feeling the green! Love your card...of course love my favorite turning a new leaf set!

Caryn said...

Oh I feel the anguish in your words at parting with one of those beauties. The question is though - will you EVER be able to part with the card?? Stunning as always sweetie.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Carol's Ink Spot said...

So pretty! I should ink up that Friend stamp also. It looks wonderful on your card. Hoarding is just part of the crafting 'gene' in us. Maybe we should make bouquets from all the flowers, lace and papers we can't let go of! Have a wonderful weekend!

Ann said...

Holy smokers!!! I saw this one on the CASE Study blog & had to pop over to comment! GORGEOUS green is right! WOW!

Sharron said...

OMG, would instantly know this card was yours! I love it! All the green, the leaves, fabulous sentiment and awesome flower--PERFECT! Have a fab weekend!

Katiejane said...

And precious it is Aimes, that's stunning! I can see why it was hard to let go!
I love the white on green btw.
Hugs,
Katie x

Ingrid Danvers said...

Aimes, your card is stunning. It's sooooo beautiful. The flower is gorgeous. Love everything about this card.

xoxo

Belinda said...

Just lovely! The flower is the perfect touch -- glad you used it! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Gorgeous gorgeous GORGEOUS!! It's the most precious monochromatic green card that I've ever seen. You combined the elements to perfection :)

Peggysuez said...

I'd like to wake up one morning and have Nina Brackett's talent! You've done a marvelous job here and that flower is stunning!

Maureen said...

okay, I'm thinking I didn't get a chance to comment on this beauty....love the green blossom and white on green sentiment...is this for my birthday? lol or does Chris get this one too :) hugs!!! it's Friday night here...one more week until holidays!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Love that glorious green, Aimes! A wonderful monochromatic color scheme and fabulous design. Awesome job, girlie!

Inkyfingers said...

I absolutely love monochrome cards and this one is an absolute beauty Aimes. Well done on parting with precious embellies - I'm still trying to force myself!
Hugs
Carol x

Sue Kohler said...

how disappointing your inky hours need to reduce, it sounded so good to the kettle on and head into the crafty corner, but as they say all good things must come to an end :(
Love this little gem you have created, the colours and the flower are fabulous! :)

Amy said...

Just wonderful.....I LOVE this green card! That flower is absolutely stunning and perfect! Love the glittery goodness there too!

Nerina said...

Oh Aimes - that beauty came out of hoard-om for a REALLY good reason! Yummy! This is fabulous!

Dana said...

LOL Aimes, the PTI greens grow on me with every pretty card you show us! I'm so glad you could part with one of the flowers - it looks gorgeous with all of the glitter on the leaves.

Terri said...

Love your take on it. Especially the rose!

Laurie said...

WOW!!!!! Love that green! And that sparkley rose? SO sweet!! Love this! ALot!!

Sandi said...

The ribbon pops out so much but highlights your sparkly flower beautifully! Love it!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.