Thursday, 30 December 2010

My kinda baking...

Hey!

Well after some rest I'm now back, itching to get inky and ready to blog again!

Just before I do though, some of you have been sweet enough to comment and email asking me about my dad so I figured I'd update you here (feel free to skip to the card if you wish!). It's certainly been tough here and sadly Dad's condition deteriorated a few weeks ago which meant he could not come home for Christmas. So Christmas was....in a word....different. We did (and do) visit him often with fingers crossed for signs of improvement. I'll keep you informed if anything changes (hopefully for the better!)

Right. Back to the inky business! So we had a week off, but I hope you haven't forgotten that Friday Eve (Thursdays) mean it's time for a new CASE study!We're ending 2010 and starting 2011 with a BANG! here on CASE study. Check out this fabulous creation up for CASEing this week courtesy of our muse, Nina Brackett:

I know, gorgeous, right?! I honestly thought I knew exactly where I was heading when creating my own take on this; but then I was reminded that a wedding card was needed for the wedding we attended on the 27th. Eeek! A wedding card with no wedding themed stamps and a CASE study to create before Christmas to get myself organised. What's a gal to do? Well think out of the box a little and create a card that suits both occasions of course!

Celebrate

Hope you can tell that I CASEd aspects of the layout for my homemade Wedding Cake made from super pretty shimmer cardstock! Now this is my kinda baking: I'm a disaster in the kitchen but paper-based cakes are my speciality :)

I'm itching to play along again with this week's CASE study and I hope you fancy playing along too! Remember, up for grabs is a prize for one randomly selected peep so wha'cha waitin' for!

Need more inspiration? Then check out the rest of the super duper CASE study DT:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Lenet Mos
Melyssa Connolly
Sue Kohler
Nina Brackett (December's Muse)

And before I leave ya - I know it's slightly early, but I just want to wish you all a very happy new year! Thank you so much for all your visits and comments this past year; you've made 2010 a fabulous year for me in terms of my obsession hobby and I truly appreciate it! Here's to 2011....! Cheers!

Catch ya later!





Card Deets
{Celebrate}
Stamps: Damask Designs
Ink: London Fog (Memento)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, White Shimmer (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Clear Gems (Hero Arts)/Cuttlebug/Swirls Embossing Folder (Provocraft)/Fresh Snow Satin Ribbon, Polka Dot Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink)/Chompy (Corner Chomper)

22 comments:

Ann said...

*gasp!* This is STUNNING, Aimes! Wowza!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Mmmm... it looks good enough to eat!! Lovely idea, I meant to tackle it many a times but I guess I'm lazy, lol.
Happy New Year to you too, and best wishes for your dad to get well soon! {hugs}

Lynn said...

Aimes, I will continue to keep your dad in my prayers. I am sure it was very hard not to have him home for Christmas. I love your card...all of the embossing is gorgeous and the rhinestones are the perfect touch.

Julie said...

Gorgeous, love the bling and the bow on top. The swirls on the cake are the perfect touch!

Sue Kohler said...

absolutely stunning Amy! I love all the white with the different embossed textures with a touch of sparkle!! Sorry to hear that your Dad is not progressing as well as hoped, but will be praying for a happier update soon! :)

Laurie said...

Love the white!!! So pretty! And it is the perfect wedding card!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous my dear....I gotta play...hoping to play:)

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous card Aimes!!! When I saw your last birthday card I immediately thought it would make an elegant wedding card! Brilliant! Thanks for the inspiration girl! I love coming by because you've always got something to get the creative juices flowing!

Maureen said...

first of all, Aimes, sorry to hear your dad is still in the hospital...I thought he may have been at home after all this time and you didn't mention anything...I hope his spirits were still up with all of you around...home is where family and the heart is....:)
Second of all....this is GORGEOUS!!!!!! EEEKKKKKK!!!!!! I want to get married again so you can send this to ME!!!! This is definitely one of my all time favourites of yours.....I hope you send it in for publishing and I'm CASEING you with or without permission!! HA!! The bling, the bow, the triple layers...actually, with the swirly icing, it kinda looks like my wedding cake!! lol oh, and I was summoned out of bed early this morning by the parcel delivering guy, complete with ball cap and tattoos....my PTI order!!! Yippeee!!! hugs :)

Christina said...

Wowzers, that cake is absolutely gorgeous! How clever of you to use that beautiful shimmer cardstock and swirl embossing folder. I LOVE the white on white, it is just so elegant!

Heidi said...

Your cake card is fabulous Amy!! I hope you start to see some imporvements with your dad. Hang in there. ((hugs))

Terri said...

Very Elegant and pretty, Great job! I hope your dad gets better soon!

Dana said...

This card is so elegant! I'm stunned how you made it work (and fabulous) with barly any color at all. Happy New Year to you and loved ones! :) Dana xx

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Okay, now this made me hungry! Totally yummy crafting goodness Aimes, I bet the happy couple adored it!!

I really hope that 2011 brings us both a change in fortunes and we can make it full of fun, happy times. If not - let's make some!! Have the Happiest New Year sweetie - you deserve it!! *hugs*

Jean Martin said...

I love your monochromatic theme! This is so elegant!

Vanessa said...

Happy New Year to you, sweet friend!!! I love your kind of baking! Gorgeous card!!! Big Hugs, Vanessa x

Alex said...

Happy New Year Aimes :)

I absolutely LOVE this wedding card!!! Fabulous card with the shimmering textured cardstock and rows of diamontes. And the bow finishing it off just nicely.

Thanks for sharing.

Alex

Melissa said...

What a gorgeous card, Aimes! Love that idea!

I'm so sorry that your dad wasn't home for Christmas...I'm thinking of you and him often and praying for recovery!

Nerina said...

MMMMMMMMM! You sure do know how to bake! What a gorgeous addition to the happy day! Fabby CASE Aimes - you really do know how to take these to the next level!

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh, Aimes, this is GORGEOUS! Superb CAS design and so striking! Love all that white! Such a beautiful card, my dear...showcases your absolute talent!

Amy said...

What do I say about this card??? It is the most exquisite card I've seen! LOVE the shimmery paper and the embossing and the impressing. You get the picture! I love this! Happy New Year!

Rachel Moore said...

What an awesome card, your right it is hard to get the right weeding themed stamps i hope you done mind me using your card for inspiration

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.