Thursday, 2 December 2010

'tis the season....for SNOW!

Hey!

Just one word to sum up the last couple of days here in Sheffield - SNOW! I've never seen so much of the white stuff! School has been shut since Tuesday and they say the last time there was this much snow was before I was born *insert your own age jokes here* Ha! We've been informed by the police to say indoors and not travel unless absolutely necessary so the only traveling I'm doing is from the sofa to the my crafty corner :)

Well snow, or now snow, the snow show must go on! Time for another CASE study



And a bit more excitement than usual because not do we have a new muse for December, we have a new Design Team Member too (more on that in a mo *wink*!) So sad to see Heather leaving us but happy to see Nina Brackett joining us as December's muse! And without further ado - here's her fabulous card up for CASEing this week:

Doesn't she just rock this shabby chic vintage style?! Hmmm....you just know this is a toughie for CAS lovin' gal like me but this is exactly the thing I love the most about CASE study. It can push you creatively if you want it to, or you can sit in your comfort zone and just adopt certain elements of the original creation. You decide what I did with this one:

Tis the Season

Is it CAS?! Maybe vintagey CAS?! I dunno but I do know that I welcome any Christmas card I get the chance to make at the moment as I'm still so behind on the Christmas crafting!

I hope you can join us and play along too. Up for grabs this week for one random peep is a stamp set courtesy of Christina Franco from The Angel Company!

Now go check out what the rest of the super talented CASE study DT rustled up. Speaking of which, we have a new lady on board with us who I'm already a HUGE fan of: Cristina Kowalczyk of My Paper Secret! This lady just ooozes fabulous CAS style and I'm so happy she's part of our team :)

But where one fab new stamper joins us, another one leaves. Sadly Teneale has had to step down for a bit for personal reasons. We hope she'll come back soon but in the meanwhile, why not leave her some love? I know she'd appreciate it :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Lenet Mos
Melyssa Connolly
Sue Kohler
Nina Brackett (December's Muse)

And just before I go, here's a piccy of the snow we've had here recently.

It's even deeper than this now as it's not stopped snowing and I took this pic yesteray morning! I'm actually beginning to wonder if I'm going to have to find a shovel and dig my way outta here....!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Catch ya later!





Card Deets
{Tis the Season}
Stamps: Stocking Prints (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Hint of Pesto (Versamagic)/Antique Linen (Distress Ink)/Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Cardstock: Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Sugar Plum (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Crochet Lace, Leaf Ribbon (Reasonable Ribbon)/Border Punch (EK Success)/Jute Ribbon Twine (Papertrey Ink)

24 comments:

Vanessa said...

Snow snow snow - here, too! But we weren't told to stay at home, can't imagine this ever happen! I hope that you are able to stay in your crafty corner for very long! And that you have enough food at home! Your card is so gorgeous, a perfect balance between your CAS style and a bit of shabbiness! LOVE IT! Stay warm!
Hugs,
Vanessa x

Isha said...

Gorgeous card Aimes. This style is difficult for me too....love how you CASed it to perfection.

Jay Gee said...

Wow Aimes! This is absolutely stunning. And that leaf ribbon (?) is genius.

You have had a lot of snow - I would love to experience a white Christmas ( or a snow fall for that matter) :)

Debby said...

Oh Aimes, looks like you've got the snow pretty bad too. Totally know what it's like! Very pretty mind as is your card. Love all the distress inks. Very vintage feel.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh how I envy you with the weather like this, girl!! I would *TOTALLY* jump right into the deepest pile of snow and frolic like a BA-BY! :D
Instead I have to prepare for another hot Aussie summer... ugh!
Anyhoo, the little touch of shabiness that you added to your CAS creation is a HUGE hit in my book - totally worth CASE'ing alone! {hugs}

Noora said...

Love the vintagy look of your card! yeah I guess one can call it CAS vintage! you nailed it!

Lynn said...

Love the sweet stocking n your card! And wow...that is a ton of snow...but I'm jealous...would love to be stuck in my crafty corner about now ;)!!

Karen B. said...

Holy cats that is a lot of snow! I love your vintagey CAS card. I think it is truly wonderful that you could combine both styles and come up with something spectacular.

Dana said...

Love your snow pic. Pretty. Do you not normally get that much? It looks very typical for my area (but then again, I live in a snow belt and ski country!).
Your CASE blew me away Aimes. Holy crow is it gorgeous. Vintage-y, yet CAS too...how do you do it?!

Amy said...

Wow Aimes! That snow is just gorgeousness at it's best. Truly a winter wonderland. I love how you've used Stocking Prints for a vintage card. The lace was the perfect touch!

Katiejane said...

Wow, I can't believe you have so much snow! Snow day YAY!
Love your cased design, it deffinately is a great take on the original card. I love the vintage look but I'm not sure if I could pull it off myself. I will have to give it a go!
Stay safe and warm :)
Katie x

Maureen said...

okay, that is a lot of snow!! We don't get that much down here in our town, only up in the local ski hills!! I would love a few snow days though, as long as I had coffee and food (fluff? lol)...it's so fun to be in the studio, nice and cozy while it snows :) LOVE the lace on your card and that sweet little stocking waiting for Santa to put a PTI gc in it :) Stay warm!!! I'm so glad you have warm mittens ;)

Julie said...

So gorgeous....I love the bit of vintage you have in this one, combined with CAS!! Loving that snow too!

~amy~ said...

Hey hey hey! Check out all that snow!!!!

Love your take on Nina's card....

Sue Kohler said...

you have rocked this one Amy! you have added so many wonderful elements to draw the eye in, love the boarder at the bottom. love the look of the snow, i would love to try out a white christmas one day, rather than eating a hot turkey lunch in the Aussie heat! :)

Sharron said...

Your snow photo looks positively magical! Love your take on this challenge. Just the right amount of vintage with your CAS style. Enjoy your snow days crafty time!

Inkyfingers said...

Gorgeous card Aimes - I love the soft colours that go so well with the kraft card. Enjoy your snow days and keep warm.
Hugs
Carol x

Jean Martin said...

This is so gorgeous! I love that stocking! And that leaf ribbon! :)

Ann said...

LOVE this card, Aimes! Reminds me of old-fashioned Christmas goodness!

Stay warm and cozy! We are finally getting some snow here...thankfully not as much as you. :P

Cristina said...

A perfect combination of vintage and CAS! I didn't even *try* for the vintage part of the equation! Hee. Thanks for the lovely shout-out, too. So happy to be a part of the team, especially since it includes members like YOU!

Andrea Ewen said...

Love this wonderful card, Aimes! Beautiful earth tones and wonderful CAS design. Super work, my friend!

Jen Carter said...

I love this!! It does have a vintage feel to it! Love the lace at the top, the vine that you tied the stocking to. Super, super cute!

Terri said...

Great CAS! I like the vintage feel of it. I also really like the leaf ribbon too. I just got some of that as well. Hope you are enjoying the snow and have dug yourself out by now.

Nerina said...

Oh WOW! This makes my toes curl!! Love your take on vintage ... *eeeeek* it's simply GORGEOUS!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.