Thursday, 16 December 2010

Whatever the style, it's Glossy! :)

Hey!

Sooooooo nearly there! Just two more days to go before we hit those sweet Christmas Holidays!

Let's have a treat and kick off the true countdown to those holidays with:


Yup! A new CASE study for us! (You just knew I was going to say that, right?!)

Let's see what our muse, Nina Brackett, has in store for our inspiration this week:


Oooh hitting my weak spot with that butterfly on this fabby creation. In fact, that's pretty much what dictated my whole approach to this week's CASE study:

Thank you so much

*gasp* not a Christmas card! I know - I shocked myself with this one! I still struggle with the whole shabby chic/vintage look and I think this is about as close as I'll ever get.

Now this photo lets you see that I dolloped on the Glossy Accents which makes my butterfly look super shiny but it's hard to capture the detail of it with my camera so here's another shot for good measure:

Thank you so much 2

Ah well - you're just gonna have to trust me when I say that you can see much more of that butterfly IRL ;D

I'm also being super sneaky and entering this for the December challenge over at the Hero Arts Blog (that background ledger stamp is Hero Arts btw!) This fits into two of the three choices of challenges over there (To make a Thank You card and to add Shine to a project. Multi-tasking or what eh?! *wink*)

So I know it's super busy for us all at this time of year. Can't ya just tell by how short and sweet my blog posts are becoming?! Any shorter or sweeter and you'll get toothache - Ha! But we would really love it if you could join in our challenge too. Just use the original creation to get your mojo tickin' - simples!

Need some more mojo? Then check out what the super duper CASE study DT rustled up for ya:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Lenet Mos
Melyssa Connolly
Sue Kohler
Nina Brackett (December's Muse)

Need some more temptation (seriously?!) well one randomly selected peep will win some goodies! So what ya waitin' for?!

I now have to dash to prepare for 'the' social event of the year. What's that you ask? The School Christmas Disco of course! :D

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

Card Deets
{Thank You So Much}
Stamps: Butterfly Dreams, Damask Designs (Papertrey Ink)/Ledger (Hero Arts)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento), Antique Linen (Distress Inks)
Cardstock: Kraft, Vintage Cream, Terracotta Tile, Spring Moss (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Ribbon (Webster's Pages), Promarkers, Glossy Accents

19 comments:

Joy said...

Oh Gorgeous!!!! Aimes, I love the soft butterfly and then the glossy accents butterfly with that beautiful ribbon effect, super stunning, I am off to tweet about it, hugs!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I *LOVE* your choice of colours! I'd usually steer away from hunter green, but you made it totally work - and omg - with orange!! Superb work, my friend :)

Angy said...

Aimes, so pretty! Love the glossiness. Hoping I can join this challenge because the samples are all so great!

Ayana Posadas said...

Wow.. SOOOO Gorgeous!!!

Jenny said...

Sooo pretty!! really love it!! the butterfly and ribbon so sweet!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Dana said...

Wohoo, only one more day until the Christmas Holidays! :) Very, very pretty card!! Your glossy butterfly looks stunning! I'll have to keep that in mind for some future cards - keeping things flat for mailing is not something I have mastered yet ;o) Hugs, Dana

Katiejane said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous card, totally stunning Aimes.
Enjoy your last day tomorrow :)
Katie x

Maureen said...

you are rockin' those butterflies!!! Love that gathered green ribbon :) I'm in my classroom right now waiting for the kids to arrive for the Christmas concert...one more day!!! Yippeee!!! Do you get 2 weeks off? Enjoy :)

Jean Martin said...

This is so pretty Aimes!

Sue Kohler said...

what a fabulous card Amy!! you have rocked this one, love the scrunched and , stitched ribbon, it really packs a punch. the butterfly is pretty with its glossy accents!! :)

Andrea M said...

Hey Aimes!!! This is absolutely lovely!!!! The shiny butterfly is perfect :) This is my kind of shabby/vintage!!! It isn't my strong suit either but I love your CAS take! Your ribbon treatment is magnificent!!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Love it Aimes! Gorgeous butterflies and that green trim is divine! Lovely CASE my dear!

Noora said...

Love your take for the challenge Aimes, the colors looking fab and that butterfly is really pretty!

Julie said...

So beautiful...love the notebook paper and the ribbon and the colors...its all gorgeous!

Sally Atkins said...

Superb card Aimes, love those colours!

I hope you enjoyed the school disco lol!

Wishing you and yours a happy Christmas and I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work in 2011! x

Cammie said...

Aimes, there isn't a style you can't do. I love the dark green contrasted with the bright glossy
butterfly. Hope your Christmas break is off to a great start this weekend.

Belinda said...

Oh just lovely! Love your fun layout and the way you colored one butterfly and left one more subtle and the fun ruffled ribbon!

Nerina said...

MMMMMMM! Love the glossy goodness and the striking difference between these two butterflies ... so eye catching!

Laurie said...

Love LOVE that green ribbon detail! And the butterfly is fantastic on that lined paper! Beautiful!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.