Thursday, 20 January 2011

Happy Trees!

Hey!

Yay, this week is zooooooooooming by compared to last week! I'm loving that we can almost taste the weekend...it's closer than you think y'know *wink*

Let's celebrate Friday Eve in the usual way: with a new CASE study of course!



And up for true, CASE study inspiration this week is this fabby creation courtesy of our Muse, Mercy Kerin:


And once again, here's a CAS take on it (surprise, surprise!)

Thinkin' about ya

OK so it's not an exact CASE but I did CASE certain elements of the original with those trees standing on a hill as well as the use of button and twine....I just put my own kinda 'spin' on it and you can do the same too!

I'm going to confess that this card makes me smile: I just love those sweet trees and all the curves I've managed to squeeze in on this card to reflect them. From the the rounded corners, circular patterned paper, the curved hill, to the circular buttons....you get the idea! :D

Now c'mon - you just know you wanna join in the fun too, and I'd love to see what you come up with for your own CASE study this week! If you do play along, one random peep could be the lucky winner of 3 digi images of their choice from The Stamping Boutique!

But just before you dash to go get inked up for the challenge, check out what the rest of the super CASE study DT rustled up for ya (including Teneale who is back in action this week - yay!)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Lenet Mos
Melyssa Connolly
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams
Mercy Kerin (January's Muse)

So here's hoping that you can squeeze in a bit of inky time to join us! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Catch ya later!





Card Deets
{Thinkin' about ya}
Stamps: Teeny Trees, Frame-it (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)/Simply Chartreuse (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Fine Linen (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Distressed Dots (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Dark Chocolate Buttons, Jute Ribbon Twine (Papertrey Ink)/Chompy! (Corner Chomper)

29 comments:

Nerina said...

Ha, Ha, Ha!! I'm always left smiling when you put up your CASE study posts - they're so brilliant:0)!! I'm so grateful to have that Teeny Tree stamp set already or you would cost me some money here Aimes!! Love the buttons and the twine - they really snap this together into something special GREAT touch! P.S. I *CAN* taste the weekend with 'ya ... mmmmm ... strawberry??! ;0) Looking forward to it!!

Emma said...

Mmmm, mmm, mmm loving all the sweet things on this card. Gorgeous font and trees with an all together fabulous layout.

Sue Kohler said...

absolutely gorgeous, what a brilliant take on Mercy's card! Loving the trees and the dots! :)

Lynn said...

True Aimes style...polka dots and lots of green...very clean...I'm in love!

Laurie said...

Totally adorable Amy! I love this! One of my favorite sets that really needs to be taken out and used at the moment! I love the polka dot hill and the button treatment!

Jen W. said...

I love al the circles and dotty goodness of this card. Your CAS style rocks!

Heather P. said...

Add me to the list of smilers! This is ADORABLE!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love your take on the CASE study inspiration. So nice and clean and Green! Thinking about green with so much white around! Happy day to you!

Ann said...

Oooh, your signature green! I love it! How could anyone NOT love polka dotted grass?

Woohoo for the weekend! Bring it on!

Katiejane said...

This is such a sweet card, I can see why it makes you smile Aimes :) A great case!
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog btw :)
Hugs,
Katie x

~amy~ said...

lovely work my dear! woot woot for almost friday:)

Heidi said...

Brilliant card Amies! I love the distressed dots hillside!

Mercy said...

what a beautiful CAS version of this week's inspiration, amy! fabulously done!

Karen B. said...

I always love seeing your CASEs because they are uniquely YOU! Love this card, love the layout.

Julie said...

Such a wonderfully fun card, love the buttons and twine.

Amy said...

Love the clean look to this! The green color is fabulous especially with the trees!

Sharron said...

Love this--so wonderfully fresh & green! Fabulous use of those little trees and the big buttons are the perfect touch.

IamDerby said...

Absolutely loving loving the colors here.

Maureen said...

those trees are stinkin' adorable!! LOVE your spin on everything here :) It's just Thursday night here so I'm thinking you are either sleeping or getting up for work...yay Friday!! I have some card making to do this weekend for sure...Pti blog hop (I'm gonna win a stamp set one of these years by golly!) and my Diva Dare coming up next week :) Hugs and happy Friday :)

Laura - The Stampin' Soldier said...

Great blog! TFS!!!

lotte chew said...

beauuuutiful!! looks clean, simple and nice~~!

Jen Carter said...

LOVE, LOVE this!! That is so super cute! Great colors and such a fun tree and hill!

Andrea Ewen said...

Super sweet card, Aimes! Love that beautiful green color, those darling tree stamps and awesome sentiment! You rock, girlie!

Jean Martin said...

Aimes this is so cute! I want those tree stamps now.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awww.... that is simply refreshing! Lovely lovely!

Melissa said...

So pretty! I love those little trees and the way you positioned the buttons is very cool!

Cammie said...

Hey Aimes, I love how you carried out the rounded motif. I always love your take on the inspiration card. Congrats on the beautiful card in Stamp It! So proud and happy for you.

Have a good week!

Andrea M said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this fabulous creation!!! It makes me totally smile too!

Monica K. said...

What a sweet card!! Love the mountain you created for the fun little trees. I've had my eye on that WMS trees set. Love the cards you've been making with it. Great card!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.