Thursday, 6 January 2011

Hugs!

Hey!

Can you believe that it's Friday Eve already?! I just ♥ the short working week (we went back to work on Tue) This gal could get used to a four day working week *wink*!

So it's crept up on us so quickly and sneakily, but it's still Friday Eve and so it's time for....

Ta dah! A new CASE study! But not just any old CASE study: no, we have a new muse on board with us for the month of January. This month we'll be CASEing from the sketch queen herself, Mercy Kerin!

So let's take a peek at her fabulous card up for this week's CASE study:

No surprises, but my creative mojo instantly spotted the scrummy combo of blue and green. So that was my starting point for this sweet li'l 3x3 card for my take on the CASE study this week:

Hugs
Look super close and you may see a birdie in that tree...
it's more visible IRL!

Now it actually pains me slightly to see that focal point adhered at an angle. It's still niggling at me slightly now; maybe I should just try and peel it off and stick it on straight? Ah well whatever I decide, it's a sweet card to have on hand to give some hugs to someone who needs 'em!

It would be lovely to see you play along with us! Think of it as a mojo warm up and see where your inky adventures take ya! If you need more temptation, then one randomly selected lucky peep will win a $10 gift certificate for There She Goes Stamps courtesy of one of their awesomely talented DT members, (and our fabulous queen of CASE Study!) Chupa!

And just to start you thinking about what you may create - take a look at the oh so amazing CASE study DT's take on the challenge - there's some seriously fabby talent in that group of ladies y'know!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Lenet Mos
Melyssa Connolly
Sue Kohler
Mercy Kerin (January's Muse)

Thanks so much for stopping by! Now I'm hoping to start to wind down for the weekend, get inky and have a fabulous weekend - you should do the same too! :)

Catch ya later!






Card Deets
{Hugs}
Stamps: Teeny Trees (Waltzingmouse Stamps)/Ledger (Hero Arts)
Ink: Versamark/Spring Moss, Spring Rain (Papertrey Ink)/Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Cardstock: Blueberry Sky, Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Rustic Button, Twine, Simply Chartreuse Grosgrain Ribbon (Papertrey Ink)/Chompy! (Corner Chomper)/Notebook Paper Punch (EK Success)

17 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I totally love your CAS take, girl! Tres chic!!

Isha said...

Lovely color combo and you have used it so perfectly. I hope starting next week, I get time to participate in challenges....its so fun:))
Btw. Happy New Year Aimes.

Lynn said...

Too funny...it looks great tilted! I love that you stamped the background with a paper stamp too...nice clean design...happiness!

Sue Kohler said...

Don't change a thing on this one Amy, it is perfect just the way it is! the focal point at an angle adds interest and draws the eye in (in my opinion-lol)!!! :)

Mercy said...

amy...i love your clean and simple take on my card, and the blue and green looks fabulous! amazing job!

Heather P. said...

LOL, no! Don't do it! Leave that card as is... It's GORGEOUS! :)

~amy~ said...

lovely take my dear....I have been meaning to play along...gotta love the color combo on mercy's card...soooo fun!

Cristina said...

I like it at an angle! Gives it some extra interest. But I know how you feel; I have trouble placing things off-kilter like that, too. Awesome CAS card!

Karen B. said...

Angles are different for you (and me!) but it sure turned out fantastic, my vote is to NOT change it at all!

Andrea Ewen said...

Love that sweet CAS design, Aimes! That subtle stamping on the tree is charming and your colors are marvelous! Great job, my dear!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love your card and don't straighten out the top mat! I love placing the mats on angles sometimes. It's just perfect! Hugs and enjoy the weekend.

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

Love these gorgeous cards Amy :) happy weekend :)

Terri said...

Very nice. I would leave it. I like things at an angle. Hope you have a great weekend.

Maureen said...

I'm so loving the ledger image on the card base :) These colours are totally yummy...agreed...I may have time to play this weekend now that most of my Diva cards are done for the release :) I'm thinking I should use my new Basicgrey Marjolaine paper :) hugs!!! And I too, could totally get used to short weeks :)

Jean Martin said...

It's a beautiful CAS Aimes. Leave the tilted panel alone! Haha! :)

Laurie said...

Totally loving this card! That tree set is one of my faves! So I love that ledger background...now that I have seen you use that like you have maybe I need that set too! LOL! Oh and I love the punched edge! Cute!

Andrea M said...

Ha, ha!!! I laughed out loud when I read your comment about the angle! I'm such a symmetry geek so I can totally appreciate it! But I do think it looks PERFECT just the way it is :)

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.