Thursday, 27 January 2011

Super Stars!

Hey!

Oh! How you have been treated this week! A whole three posts from me within the working week! How I wish I had enough hours in the day to keep this up *sigh*

Now y'know why I'm here today, right?


Yup - a shiny new CASE study is up and ready for you to play along with! It's Mercy's final week with us and I'll think you'll agree that she's definitely been an inspiration with her creations and this week proves no different:


Y'know I'm beginning to think I maybe getting a reputation as the rebel of the CASE study DT: my cards seem to go on long, wandering, creative journeys and often end up hardly anything like the original source of inspiration...but then I remember that this is the whole idea behind CASE study! It's fun to all start from one source of inspiration, go on a creative journey and see where we all end up (well, that's my reasoning and I'm stickin' to it!)

Anyways, rebel or not, here's my take on the CASE study this week:

Friend

Hmmm...not too rebellious of me, is it? I hope you can see that I took inspiration from the tall card and the idea to have three items to provide a focal point (in my case - those ever-faithful stars!) I think the thing I like the most about this card is that the majority of it was created from scraps: that panel of circle apertures was from my scrap pile, as was the black strip of cardstock!

And check it out: another card that uses some DP! Oooh at this rate I'll be through my stash in about...erm....well let's not think about that but enjoy the fact that by using some sheets up it frees more room for more scrummy DP *grin*

Fancy joining in the fun? I hope so! One randomly selected, lucky peep will win this "Because I Care" SU! Level 1 Hostess Set courtesy of the lovely Cindy Coutts.


And if you need a bit more of a mojo boost - then be sure to check out what the rest of the super duper CASE study DT created:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Lenet Mos
Melyssa Connolly
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams
Mercy Kerin (January's Muse)

Here's hoping you can get inky with us! Thank you so much for stopping by and have a super weekend!

Catch ya later!






Card Deets
{FRIEND}
Stamps: Star Prints (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, True Black, Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Sugar Plum (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: True Black Buttons, Jute Ribbon Twine (Papertrey Ink)/Chompy! (Corner Rounder)/Border Punch (EK Success)/Fineline Black Pens (Promarkers)

22 comments:

Nerina said...

Wooooo Aimes - E.L.E.G.A.N.T.!! What a *gorgeous* take on Mercy's card!! Loooove the colour scheme - and that cutie little puched strip under your stars that isn't quite on the same level as the black strip ... is GENIUS!! (BTW - Congrats on the DP usage too :0)

Vanessa said...

Hey little rebel! Love your gorgeous card!!! That bracket shape at the bottom looks great! Hugs, Vanessa x

Lynn said...

Stunner! I got what you cased right away...three strong elements! Love the colors on this and the circles behind the stars make them pop!

Mercy said...

ok...now this is TOTALLY cool, amy! love the colors, the layout, and the star/button combos...BRILLIANT!

Julie said...

Fantastic, I love it when you are rebellious! Love the cut outs and the stars!

Karen B. said...

I think you can be a rebel all you want, this card is fantastic. Love the layout and colors.

Jean Martin said...

This is awesome Aimes. It was the card that caught my eye. You can go on and be a rebel all you want, it always results in something great! :)

Sarita said...

You go girl! I love your take on Mercy's card and can see how you've travelled on your creative journey to arrive at the fab end result.
I think I need to rebel and get out of the crafting rut I seem to be in at the moment!
Love Sarita xx

Katiejane said...

Oh Aimes you rebel you! I have to say you are rocking the rebelious style!
As you say it's "Casing" it, so you are free to do as you wish and this is just perfect.
Well done on getting into blog land so often this week too! Lucky you :)
Hugs, Katie xx

Agnieszka said...

Love everything about this card, Aimes! Great take on the CASE study!

Heather P. said...

That's why we all love ya so much! FAB card, girlie... The colors are yum!

Andrea M said...

Oh Aimes!!! Just so fabby! Can't believe you made it from scraps! Wow girl! Great job!

Maureen said...

LOVE your creative journeys...I don't like to CASE cards too much as I like the journey as well and sometimes people don't see it...love those stars all lined up! My PTI order came yesterday AND no customs fees!!! ACK the first time!! They must be too busy with the drug bust in Vancouver to worry about plastic stamps and ribbon! LOL hugs!! It's almost Friday here...start it right for us over there!! :)

Sharron said...

Your creative journeys certainly take you to great places. This is just STUNNING! Love the color scheme, the cutouts and the fabulous stars & buttons. And that little strip at the bottom--perfect!

Angy said...

Aimes, so hope I can play along, maybe tomorrow. I love your card and the stars! What a striking card. Has your package arrived yet? Hope so.

Dana said...

You keep being a rebal and we'll keep visiting for inspiration. You ROCK. This card ROCKS.

Sue Kohler said...

Definately a super star card, love the long and elegant style, brilliant colours! :)

Terri said...

Great job,love the stars! I really need to start using my set too. Thanks for the inspiration!

Ann said...

Rebels are more fun anyways, right? I adore what you did here! You ROCK!!!

Peggysuez said...

I like your rambling CAS inspiration cards. And I see where you were coming from! The stars look great! Always make me think of Dr. Suess though . . .they have stars on thars. :0

Cristina said...

I love that you're our resident rebel! I think I might be back with you soon, though. :) Got room for one more? Love your card, as always. Your style is just impeccable.

Amy said...

Well Rebel, I LOVE this card! I love the stars and the layout! I totally see your inspiration on your card!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.