Thursday, 9 June 2011

A double CASE...

Hey!

Happy Friday Eve! Yup, the working week is nearly over and it's been a busy one here!

We know the drill, right? Friday Eve means only one thing here:



Time for a new CASE study to get your inky mitts into!

This month's muse, Jill Foster, has had me trying out techniques that I haven't had fun with for ages. Can you guess what technique I adopted from her beautiful card this week?

Check out the original post of this card here!

Well I jumped at the chance to have a good ol' colouring session. Colouring takes me straight back to being a kid again: I used to sit with a mega colouring book, determined to colour every image on every page, not colouring over the outlines, starting with page one (I think that was the start of my OCD tendencies right there - ha!) A few things have changed since then though: I'm now using grown-up felt tips and colour sat at a desk rather than sprawled across the floor (Believe me, I wanted to colour lay on the floor, but didn't fancy risking my pens bleeding through onto the carpet!)

Anyways, I'm digressing, what I'm trying to say is that I dug out my Promarkers and had fun. Here's the finished result:

Celebrating you on your special day

Tip: When fussy cutting out those gorgeous fuchsias, don't pain yourself trying to cut out those delicate bits at the end of each flower (sorry, I'm no gardener - what are those bits called?!) simply chop 'em off and re-stamp them on your focal point, before sticking your beautifully cut and coloured fuchsias over the top.

I'm diggin' this new set of mine, Celebrating You, by The Craft's Meow. I never realised how versatile it was: it's proving to suit so many different styles!

As well as using markers, I'm hoping you can tell that I'm also CASEd a few other fab features of Jill's card too:
  • The circular focal point
  • The image overlapping the circular focal point
  • The use of flowers
  • The text background
  • The Paper-pierced border
  • The use of pearls (substituted for gems in my card!)
Wanna know something a bit different about this week's CASE study for myself? Well our muse, Jill is actually CASEing this card of mine today over on her blog. As her featured artist this week (still have to pinch myself over that one!) she thought it'd be fun for me to share this card with her to CASE - kinda like a double CASE I guess :D

Phew! Well if that's not enough CASEing for ya then check out the rest of the super duper CASE study DT and feast your eyes on their fabulous CASEs:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Lenet Mos
Melyssa Connolly
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams
Jill Foster (June's Muse)

Surely that's more than enough to get your mojo tickin'! I hope you can find time to join in the inky fun with us :)

If I don't catch up with you before, have a lovely weekend! What ya up to? I've got nothing at all planned apart from a double date night on Friday (a perfect end to the week IMHO) so I'm gonna make the most of the time in my crafting corner studio *wink*

Catch ya later!







Card Deets
{Celebrating You on Your Special Day}
Stamps: Celebrating You (The Craft's Meow)/Background Basics: Text Style (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: London Fog, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Plum Pudding
Accessories: Promarkers, Pink Gems, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities,

18 comments:

Marion said...

A beautiful card Amy. Love your colouring and that script on the background is beautiful....oh and I love the paper piercing...I think I just love it all! Nice job and congrats on being featured on Jill's blog! Wow...how cool is that?

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Beautiful card, Aimes! Love that stamp and gorgeous colouring! x

Emma said...

OH MY GOODNESS - how fabulous is this and the colouring - gorgeous work Aimes x

Lynn said...

Lordy Aimes! This card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! My favorite bits are all the little details...the flower on top of the text, the gems, the amazing coloring...well everything!

Have a fabulous weekend...we have a weekend full of baseball!

Julie said...

Wow, this is spectacular....love your coloring - it's perfect!

Andrea Ewen said...

Your coloring is absolutely amazing Aimes! Love what you've done with the fuchsias and what a great tip about the little end thingies...I think their called stamens...if my biology terminology memory serves me correctly (it might not, lol!) Simply beautiful card, my dear!

Sharron said...

OMG-Gorgeous! The coloring is wonderful and look at those striking green leaves at the top! There are just so many great details. Love all the added background elements!

Jill said...

LOVE your card, Amy! Your coloring ROCKS!

Karen B. said...

So very pretty, wow! Love your coloring skills.

Lindsay said...

This is positively GORGEOUS girl! WOW! Your coloring is fantastic and the rest of the card is so well done!

78thistles said...

Love your card - so very crisp and clean. Your beautiful flowers just pop from the background.

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous coloring "even" off the floor!! I think there're called pistons?? Love your card!!

Sue Kohler said...

This is such an eyecatching card Amy!!! the beautiful bright colours, the perfect colouring and the background is spectacular! YOU ROCK! :)

Debby said...

Love the way those colours are popping off the card. Really striking.

Maureen said...

drool!!!! All over my computer! Oh my, I love that image and how you've layered it...I saw this stamp on Jean's blog and just love it and now you are rocking it? Is the universe trying to tell me something? LOL I need colouring lessons when you come to visit ;) Our Canucks hockey team won last night...one more win for the Stanley Cup...just catching you up on some Canadian passtimes! ;) ...for your future visit!

Andrea M said...

*GASP* Your coloring is so rich and vibrant!!! WOW girly, you need to break out those promarkers more often… STUN-NING!!! This card has me transfixed on the screen! LOVE the placement of the bling too. Onto pinterest you go, my lovely!

Jen Carter said...

W.O.W. Wow!! This is gorgeous!! LOVE your coloring on these, such gorgeous results!! I love the subtle background, it just helps to highlight the image even more!

Nerina said...

Aimes??? Aimes are you in there??? No invasion of the body snatchers or anything??? Wowzers - I had absoltely no idea you were a colourer! This is *AMAZING* I love the text and floral outline to finish this off - but gracious, that beautiful colouring ... I landed on the floor ...!!!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I am also part of the Amazon and Cricut affiliate programs.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2014 to Amy Wanford unless stated otherwise.