Thursday, 30 June 2011

Flower Power!

Hey!

Well it's been a while since I last posted...let's just say that I got into the full swing of my Birthday celebrations and combined them with a fabulous Hen weekend full of giggles and I'm still recovering from it all LOL!

But let's not think about last weekend, how about this weekend?! Yup, it's nearly here, peeps..it's Friday Eve....it's time for....


Woo hoo! Another fabulous CASE study, another fabulous creation from our muse, Jill Foster and yet another muse I'll be sad to see leave us after this week :(

Don't be too sad though, as Jill's leaving us in style with this gorgeous creation up for CASEing:


You can check out the original post of this card here

Ooh just look at how those colours 'pop' against that beautiful, clean, crisp white backdrop. That's what I took for my own CASE of this beauty:

happy Birthday

Tip: When playing with double-sided patterned paper, use the reverse side as a guaranteed coordinating piece of DP for your project!

Oh yeah - check me out; using up a slither of patterned paper from my stash *grin* This design is perfect for de-hoarding some of that paper that I've been stroking and not daring to administer the scissors to. I added a bit of 'oomph' to my panel of DP with a Copic Spica Pen (Clear) and some buttons - it looked kinda plain without 'em.

So fancy de-hoarding some of your own DP? Fancy just playing along with us even if you wanna keep your inky mitts on your DP stash? Then you know what to do: join us!

However, before you do, feast your eyes on the fireball of talent that is the rest of the CASE study DT!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Lenet Mos
Melyssa Connolly
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams
Jill Foster (June's Muse)

Right, that's all from me for now. I'd say I've gotta dash, but it's a pretty quiet day for me at work today: a lot of our teachers are on strike so most students have been told to stay at home. I'm probably gonna have to face my dreaded filing cabinet for a job to do - it'll take at least a day to try and make it look like it's in some organised manner *wink*

Have a super duper weekend and thanks so much for stopping by here!

Catch ya later!







Card Deets
{happy Birthday}
Stamps: Sentiment from Frame It (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Morning Glory - Sunday Market Collection (My Little Shoebox)
Accessories: Copic Spica Pen (Clear)/Vintage buttons (Papertrey Ink)/Cuttlebug/Embossing Folder (Provocraft)

13 comments:

Dana said...

Fun and cheery take on Jill's card! Loving the extra glitter and strategically placed buttons :)

Lynn said...

Oh...that bit of striped green paper...I adore it! Love the texture you created with the embossed panel too!

Laurie said...

Totally adorable! I love the patterned paper against the embossing! So fun!!

Karen B. said...

Such a fun card, so bright and happy!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Happy card! Like the combo of the embossed background with those fab flowers.

Andrea M said...

Holy fabulousness!!! What an awesome CASE Aimes!!! Your card is colorful and so much fun! Love the buttons and embossing too!

Sue Kohler said...

Wow, this is awesome Amy!!! I love how you have used the pattern paper with your own additions for a stunning take on Jill's card! :)

Julie said...

So pretty, love all those pastel colors.

Jill said...

Just love how you embellished your patterned paper! Fun card!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

YAY for dehoarding the paper!! Love these buttons, love everything! :)

Nerina said...

This is *TOTALLY* fabulous!! I can't believe what a great, fun and clean spin you gave the challenge card - LOVE it!!

Niki said...

Beautiful card. I so have to add the embossing folder to my collection. Thanks for sharing.

Niki said...

Adorable!! I definitely need to add this embossing folder to my collection. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.