Thursday, 2 June 2011

Glimmer and Shimmer...

Hey!

Wow! Friday Eve already and I've not squeezed in half as much inky time as I'd hoped. I do have a nice reason for it though: visiting family the past couple of days on a whirlwind tour to eat cake celebrate some birthdays!

In fact today's card was created for my SIL's birthday yesterday and is also the card for this week's new CASE study.


As you know, a new month means a new muse on CASE study. Although I'm already missing our last muse, Sarah Martina Parker I'm still excited about June's muse. Y'see with this muse, I'm hoping to re-visit lots of stamping techniques that I haven't had fun with for a while....I hope you can join in too as we CASE creations from Jill Foster!

Check out Jill's beautiful card up for CASEing this week:

Check out the original post of this card ---> here <---

I was inspired by the colours and the way those embossed images totally 'pop' at ya!

Armed with my heat gun and some fabulous new stamps I received from The Craft's Meow, I got very inky and very messy: embossing powder and glimmer mist everywhere :)

Celebrating You

When I said everywhere, I meant everywhere: my laptop, my jeans, my desk - absolutely splattered with sparkly Glimmer Mist!

Celebrating You (Front)

Hard to believe that panel of aqua cardstock was originally a piece of white shimmer cardstock! I just got busy with some inks (The inks stay wet longer on the coated shimmer cardstock so blend pretty easily with your average sponge) and busy with the glimmer mist, then embossed those gorgeous fuchsias on top. It shimmers so much more IRL but you'll have to use your imagination to picture it....!

Wanna play along? I hope so! Our sponsor this week is The Craft's Meow. I was lucky enough to get a sneaky play with this gorgeous set, Celebrating You, before it was released.

You could be lucky enough to win it simply by playing along with us! Gotta say, the stamps are of fab quality: no need to 'prime' them, just peel, stick and stamp away!

Be sure to check out what the rest of the CASE study DT created with their fabulous stamps:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Lenet Mos
Melyssa Connolly
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams
Jill Foster (June's Muse)

I'm scooting off now: finally, today is a day where I'm not too busy: All I've got scheduled is a much over-due haircut and the rest of the day is mine! I'm hoping that I'll finally find an afternoon to indulge in some inky therapy and a spot of Blog Hoppin'. Hope you have a lovely Friday Eve too and a fun build up to the weekend :)

Catch ya later!







Card Deets
{Celebrating You}
Stamps: Celebrating You (The Craft's Meow)
Ink: Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Enchanted Evening (Papertrey Ink) Versamark/Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, White Shimmer Cardstock (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Pine Cone Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels)/Fresh Snow Satin Ribbon, Linen Impression Plate (Papertey Ink)/Gems (Zva)/Chompy! (Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers)/Cuttlebug

19 comments:

Jen Carter said...

Wow!! That is beautiful!! I love the softness of the card and the linen impression plate in the background! Really pretty!

Lynn said...

Wow! All that inking is incredible! I love how you created that panel...I'm not sure I'd be patient enough to let it all dry :)! Love the dry embossed panel...all around FABULOUS Aimes!

Karen B. said...

This is absolutely beautiful, divine, full of goodness! Can you play some more with the mists? Love that you kept it you CAS style too!

Debby said...

Oh I love that panel of shimmery goodness! great colour and love the white to help it all pop.

lostinpaper said...

Wonderful CAS design! I LoVe all the details... makes me want to break out the glimmer mist!

~amy~ said...

**love it**

Jill said...

Love teh details and your gorgeous card makes me want to get out my glimmer mists, too! Thanks for inspiring me! BIG hugs!

Sharron said...

Really gorgeous--the soft colors are so pretty! Great job with the embossed panel. it looks fantastic with the white.

Karen M said...

Wow! This is truly beautiful! xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Amy. Love how you colored the aqua strip. The white outline flowers are lovely. :o)

Stephanie said...

This is just gorgeous Aimes <3

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

LOVE!! It's such an elegant card, and I can very well imagine the shimmer... *happy sigh*
Great use of the impression plate too!

Sue Kohler said...

You have beautifully showcased stamp set, I love how you have used the techniques to make the aqua panel awesome! :)

Wendy ten Hove said...

Really pretty, Aimes!! I love the colors and the way you used that stamp to create that gorgeous panel! Looks great!
Hugs, Wendy

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is simply breathtaking!

Cindy Beach said...

Oh, Amy, how stunning! Love the rich inks and sparkle. Beautiful images and white space - this card is gorgeous.

JulieHRR said...

So beautiful! I'm so glad you visited my blog and left a comment--I am new to your blog and have utterly enjoyed your creations! Looking forward to seeing your work and Jill's during her series on you!!!

Andrea M said...

Oh my good glimmery gracious! This is just so elegant and BEAUTIFUL!!! Love this Aimes!!!

Maureen said...

oh, my!! I love this!! I definitely need to think about getting this set! Reports are written, just need to proofread tomorrow night. I might be in the new house next time I write them :)

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.