Thursday, 23 June 2011

Me, Myself and Pigster!

Hey!

Well what a lovely bunch of peeps you are! Thank you so much for your wonderful birthday messages - they made my day all the more extra special! I had a fab birthday and will share what I got up to in a moment...

...but before that, it's Friday-Eve and we've got a new CASE study to play along with:

Jill is proving to be a fabulous muse for us this month: She's reunited me with some inky techniques that I'd long forgotten about so I'm definitely thankful for her nudging me in the direction of having plain inky fun when it comes to stamping!

Here's her fabulous creation up for CASEing this week:



You can check out the original post of this creation here

So what did I CASE? Well if I show you the card, then I'm hoping you can tell:

Sunshine was definitely the starting point on this card with my own soft spot for a graphic kinda style with my own scene. I had fun layering that stamp in black and two shades of purple (hard to tell on my pic but there's more depth to it IRL!) and I decided to carry on the scene onto my card base by clear embossing those twines/vines.

You know what I'm gonna say, don't ya? Yup! Come and join in the fun with us! But before you dash to your inky supplies, be sure to check out what the rest of the CASE study DT came up with - you'll have a mojo busting to ink once you've visited 'em :D

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Lenet Mos
Melyssa Connolly
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams
Jill Foster (June's Muse)

Finally, before I leave ya, here's what I got up to on my Birthday:



Who's my new friend you ask? Well my new companion (aka Pigster) was part of a sweet birthday card from my friend who complained along with a few other friends that I'm the hardest gal to buy a card for. So faced with such a tough task, she went down the distract-her-with-a-free-toy route.

Needless to say it worked a treat...


...he was fabulous company for my drive home from work....


...he even insisted on taking the wheel!....


...the luxury of having a designated driver, eh?! :)

Don't worry, I wasn't actually letting Pigster take full control of the car or driving whilst taking pics on my phone! Now what was that saying I was going on about on my birthday about acting my shoe size....? Ha!

Right, I'm off for now. I've got a fun hen weekend to attend in Liverpool where we get to have a 1950s make-over, cheesecake-style photo shoot and a Jive dancing lesson - can't wait! Better get my dancing shoes on :D

Have a super duper weekend and I'll hope to catch up with you soon!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Catch ya later!







Card Deets


{Thank You For Being So Thoughtful}
Stamps: Delicate Branches (Inkadinkado)/Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)/Shades of purple (Whisper Dye Ink)/Versamark
Cardstock: Soft Stone (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Basic White 6x6 Collection (Basic Grey)
Accessories: Promarkers/Vintage Button (Papertrey Ink)/Detail Clear EP (Stampendous)

19 comments:

Maureen said...

ah, love the story of Pigster :) How funny and sweet...sure to add a lot of joy way past the weekend. And what a beautiful scene you have created on your card. Love how you built it :) have a fabulous weekend!! Hugs!

Noora said...

Happy Birthday Aimes!! :):):):):) enjoyed reading your post (this should tell you a lot, coz I dont usually read posts..:I)

Lynn said...

Your card today is an absolute stunner Aimes. I love how you stamped on the background panel too and the touch of yellow is divine.

Now onto your weekend...that sounds like a blast...be sure to take pigster along with you and take pictures of those jive dancing lessons!

Cammie said...

Oh, I can definitely see the purple in the card and it truly does add depth. What fun little Pigster. Have a great weekend!

~amy~ said...

Love your very fabbie card and your new friend, pigster...you are a hoot girlie...have a fun fun weekend!

Sue Ann said...

Of course the cards are beautiful as ALWAYS!! BUT the PIG ........ I am a pig freak. I have a pig cutting board and a pig fruit bowl and that is just in the kitchen ..... LOVE THAT LITTLE GUY!!! Have a fantastic weekend with the jive and photo shoot ...... should be TONS of fun and PLENTY of laughing!!!! What better way to spend your birthday weekend?? Happy Birthday~~

Karen B. said...

Sounds like you had a fun time on your birthday! Great card, i always enjoy your clean and simple takes on the muse's cards.

Teneale Williams said...

Opps, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you had a good one. LOVE the card what a great spin on this weeks card.

Andrea M said...

Oh this is too funny and Pigster is toooo cute!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY (a little belated)!!!!! I hope you had the most WONDERFUL day ever!!! You deserve it!!! I'm so glad our paths have crossed, birthday girl!

Jen W. said...

Awesome CASE! Love the two spots of yellow and the subtle purple. Fantastic stamp layering.

Pigster rocks! Hope he didn't steal too many of your nachos!

Jenny said...

Love pigster and fab cards too:)
Jenny x

Julie said...

So beautiful! So CAS but yet striking!

Jill said...

Your clean graphic style on your card is awesome! And thanks for making smile with your fun pictures of Pigster. LOL! HUGS!

Sue Kohler said...

A BIG belated Happy Birthday, it looks like you had an absolute ball, little Pigster is just soooo cute!!
Your card is another stunner, loving the tonings and the pop of yellow is superb! :)

Alex said...

Aww, cute pig, love the photos you've shared Aimes.

Hope you're well.

Alex x

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

OMG I might have just gone to a pink plush piggy heaven!! How incredibly adorable is your new little companion... and it can DRIVE! YEAH!
I wish I could have been there to give you a special birthday hug, but you have to put up with my ramblings here instead...
I'm loving the card too, of course - especially that it's another one that I see you're trying something new. I love it when you do :)

Peggysuez said...

YOu need to PM me with a note telling me where to get a pigster! My good friend in Wisconsin and I exchange piggy related gifts whenever we get a chance, I received a pig key chain holder that oinks when you press a button. We call it getting 'pigged.' So cute the pigster driving! (Groundhog Day, 'don't drive angry!!!') Lovely card too, see what happens when you post a cute piglet? The art gets shoved aside!!

Kate Lewis said...

AW, how cute is piggy! Glad you had a great birthday hun, just LOVE this card - such a beautiful silhouette scene! Hugs x

Nerina said...

Heee, heeee :0) You have *great* taste when it comes to friends Aimes ...

(And your crafting is fabby too!) HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! It sounds like the celebrations have gone on a while - I'm so glad and hope you enjoyed every single minute of them! Big Birthday Hugs!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.