Thursday, 16 June 2011

Missing: my mojo!

Hey!

Finally! Friday Eve is upon us - hooray! It's been one thing after another this week; I'll be so happy when I can grab a few moments to actually stop and think!

One li'l thing I have thought about this week is our new CASE study today!


Once again, we have a fabulous card to inspire us from our lovely muse, Jill Foster:


You can check out the original post of this creation here!

I love the boldness of those colours!

Now I'm gonna be straight with ya and 'fess up. My mojo has left the building; I'm not sure where it's gone, or when it'll be back but all I've wanted to do this week is sleep and not ink (Someone take my temperature - quick!) As much as I tried, I just couldn't work those bold colours to give any kinda justice to Jill's creation.

So with time running out and lots of cardstock later, I realised that maybe I was over-thinking the whole CASE study this week. Putting too much pressure on myself to conform closely to the card in the spotlight. A wise girlie once told me that the whole idea of CASE study was to let your creativity flow from this starting point and see where it takes you, not to just CASE a card.

So I did just that.

Anyone who knows me that I'll happily be lead up the CAS path *wink*

Hello

BTW: The flower is stamped using a rock and roll technique inspired by the current PTI Make It Monday challenge. I promise those shades of blue have much more contrast IRL!

Still inspired by those bold colours of Jill's, but injecting just tiny amounts of 'em against a clean white background is like having my cake and eating it *grin* I hope you can tell that I've CASED the colours, part of the sentiment and the use of flowers from the original card.

Wanna know the thing I love the most about this tag? It's diddy. No, seriously it's soooooo small that I nearly lost it before getting a chance to photograph it! (I used the smallest of my Nestabilities Labels 8 to give you some idea of how small) but not only that two more things made me smile about this:
  1. Did you spot the use of another eyelet? Please! Someone stop me; I've only got about a million left to use up LOL!
  2. That eyelet and the twine around my ribbon have been colour coordinated using my alcohol markers. No need to buy blue twine (and eyelets although I'm pretty sure I've got some somehwere...) when you can colour white twine any colour you wish!
Now I'd advise ya to feast your eyes on the amazing creations whipped up by the rest of the CASE study DT whose mojos are buzzing!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Andrea Ewen
Cristina Kowalczyk
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Lenet Mos
Melyssa Connolly
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams
Jill Foster (June's Muse)

So get a good dose of inspiration and get inky with us! I'd love to see what features inspire you from Jill's card and see the creative journey you go on!

Have a super duper weekend! I think I may spend mine playing with some eyelets and seeing what I can come up with...

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Catch ya later





Tag Deets
{Hello}
Stamps: Around and About Sentiments, Friends 'til the End (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores (Papertrey Ink)/Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Fresh Snow Twill Ribbon, Rustic Cream Button Twine (Papertrey Ink)/Eyelet (We R Memory Keepers)/Gem (Hero Arts)/Promarkers (to colour twine and eyelet!)/Cuttlebug/Labels Eight (Nestabilities)

12 comments:

Lynn said...

Aimes...this is so clean...I love it! The little tidbits are fabulous too...single gem...touch of twine = perfect CAS touches.

~amy~ said...

Hey, I'm pretty sure that your mojo is STILL IN the building because that is one fabbie CAS tag...genius coloring the twine and wooooo hoooo for using another eyelet...it's super SWEET.

Andrea Ewen said...

I love your CAS style, Aimes...and this beauty is no exception. I think your mojo is right where you left it...in your card making!

Peggysuez said...

I tawt I taw an eyelet . . . I DID, I DID see an eyelet. So very chic in your exceptional CAS style. Very nice. I will add my million eyelets to your million . . .I just used three of them the other day too. And managed to get them crooked!

Debby said...

Mojo still there Aimes. Great CAS take. Making me wonder where my eyelets are hiding!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Hi Amies, Cute little tag and perfect from where I'm looking at it. Every once in a while we must take a creative break! I'm sure you'll be back with inky fingers soon. Enjoy the weekend!

Cammie said...

Aimes, love your take on inspiration card with this CAS tiny tag.

Jill said...

Are you sure you're not fibbing about your mojo? I mean really- I LOVE this cute tag. I soooo admire your talents with CAS stylings. BIG hugs, my friend!

Sharron said...

Missing mojo--I don't think so! Your tag is ADORABLE! Perfectly CAS--and small enough to highlight that eyelet!

Vanessa said...

I can't see any missing mojo here! Love your sweet tag! Oh, and that eyelet! I need to use some of my million ones! Hugs, Vanessa x

Sue Kohler said...

Beauuuuuuutifully done Amy!! loving the simplicity and elegance! :)

Andrea M said...

I fell in love with this tag the MINUTE I saw it! Perfection! Love your interpretation of the CASE card!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.