Thursday, 14 July 2011

Two Birds (or should that be butterfly?), One Stone..

Hey!

Happy Friday Eve, Peeps! Oooh the weekend is approaching, and before that, voting ends on the current round of Gallery Idol 2011 today at 7pm UK time! Cast that vote if you haven't already *wink*

Now I need to distract myself from the results of Gallery Idol 2011 Round One, and I can't think of a more perfect way than to have a lovely new CASE study to share with ya:

I am seriously loving having Dawn Woleslagle as our muse this month! Her creations are fabulous, and even when I thought I had no mojo left after a highly creative/pressured weekend, she goes and inspires me completely with this gorgeous card:


You can check out the original post of this card here

Isn't this just a beautiful card along with a fabulous layout?

For my CASE of this, I tried to hit two birds with one stone: it was a my colleague's birthday yesterday and I know she loves purple, pink and butterflies and I had to create a card for CASE study. So what's a gal to do? Well combine both of course and hope you've hit the mark with both *wink*

Butterfly Birthday

I know it seems a world away from the original card of Dawn's but if you look it uses the same layout. I just substituted leaves for butterflies and got stuck into a new pack of PTI's Royal Velvet cardstock. Lemme tell ya, I'm not a purple lovin' kinda gal but this shade of purple I could learn to love a li'l...*grin*

So that's my take on this week's CASE study, now it's time to show us what you've got and join in the fun! If you need some extra inky inspiration then be sure to check out the awesome CASE study DT, including our newest and fabulously talented member, Debby!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Andrea Ewen
Debby Hughes
Cristina Kowalczyk
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Sue Kohler
Teneale Williams
Dawn Woleslagle (July's Muse)

Right, I now need to find something else to keep my mind occupied before the results of the first round of Gallery Idol 2011.....Well I'm sure the students at work will have no problems keeping me busy LOL!

Thank you so, so much for popping by!

Catch ya later!







Card Deets
{Hope your day is Fabulous}
Stamps: Butterfly Dreams, Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: Royal Velvet, Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Versamark/Purple (Whispers Dye Ink)
Accessories: Butterfly Die, Fresh Snow Satin Ribbon (Papertrey Ink)/Cuttlebug/ Gems (Hero Arts)/Detail Clear Embossing Powder (Stampendous)

14 comments:

Nerina said...

I think your mojo is looking pretty jolly healthy here!! Woohoo - this is gorgeous!! I just love the subtle embossed butterflies mixed with that purple pop!

Lynn said...

Oh...love how you used the sketch and the subtle butterflies in the background are beautiful Aimes!

Jenny said...

ooo this is gorgeous Aimes, you've cased it brilliantly :)
The background looks like woven satin...lovely colours :)
Jenny x

Lindsay said...

Perfect take on Dawn's card Amy! LOVE your purple butterfly and the subtle butterfly bg!

Debby said...

Looks like I'm not alone in loving that beautiful butterfly background Aimes! Great CASE.

Debby said...

Oh and meant to say thanks so much for the great welcome!

Debby said...

Oh and crossing fingers for tonight. OK think that's all!

Jill said...

LOVE this! Your card is so elegant and PRETTY!

Nerina said...

I guess it's time to start thinking about die cuts?? CONGRATULATIONS on the next round - Woot, wooot!

Andrea M said...

What a gorgeous CASE, Aimes!!! WOW! This is AMAZING!!!

HUGE CONGRATS on making it through to the next round of Gallery Idol - WOO HOO!!!! Go girl!!!

Whimsey said...

CONGRATS; you are moving on!!!

Belinda said...

Love the pop of purple from the butterfly! Lovely!

Sharron said...

Fabulous card--adore that you featured butterflies to emboss and love your gorgeous bow! Huge congrats on your move up in the competition. Best of luck on this next rung of the ladder!!

Julie said...

So pretty, I love that splash of purple on the butterfly!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.