Thursday, 6 October 2011

Musical butterflies....?!

Hey!

Well I can't believe it, but it's Friday-Eve already :)


We're kickin' off the build up to the weekend on CASE Study with a new muse on board!!!! So whose fantastic creations will be up for CASEing during October you ask? Well let me introduce no other than the super Niki Estes!!!!

And without further ado, here's Niki's first card up for the CASE Study this week featuring some stamps designed by Niki herself!


Check out the original post of this card here

Butterfly Dreams is one of my favourite PTI sets...I have a thing for butterflies so it doesn't take much persuading for me to ink up this sweet set:

Just a note

Tip: the butterflies on the musical background are stamped once on scrap paper before stamping on the card to keep the background subtle. It also gives you the availability of a lighter hue of any of your inks should you fancy it!


I hope you can tell that I CASEd the idea of incorporating butterflies as well as that gorgeous, bold turquoise colour and the musical notes (I then couldn't resist turning this into a 'just a note' card *grin*) I'm not sure if musical notes coordinate with butterflies for a non-birthday card but for the purpose of this card they'll have to! I used a masking technique to create my focal point which gives me the added bonus of making this a very flat card for posting: Aimes 1 Royal Mail 0 - ha!

Obviously I took a pretty CAS approach to this week's CASE Study (what else?!) but you can let Niki's card take you on any creative adventure you desire! Just be sure to share what you create with us and join in the fun!

Now before you scoot to get inked up, take a peek at what the rest of the CASE study DT created for ya:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes
Teresa Kline
Cristina Kowalczyk
Jean Martin
Julie Smith
Teneale Williams
Niki Estes (October's Muse)

Thanks for stoppin' by this li'l corner of Blogland :)

Catch ya later!






Card Deets
{Just a note}
Stamps: Butterfly Dreams, Happy Trails (Papertrey Ink)/Musical Background (Kaisercraft)
Ink: London Fog, Tuxedo Black (Memento)/Hawaiian Shores (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Butterfly Die (Papertrey Ink)/Cuttlebug (Provocraft)/Promarkers

24 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fabulous, so fun to see your CAS take on the card. And yes, that sentiment is perfect.

Monica K. said...

Very pretty, Aimes! I love how you stamped the butterflies in the background with the music notes. Such an awesome look!

Michelle said...

Amy, your take on Niki's card is beautiful! I love the background you created.

Beverley said...

Wow! I love your card. The BG is just stunning, even if I tried I wouldn't get results like that. You inspire me :)

Katiejane said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, truely lovely Aimes xx

Marion said...

A great card Amy! Love the subtle butterflies on the musical background.

Elena said...

beautiful card! I love all the layering and how you kept a border of white space all around - amazing!

Jenny said...

Oh wow you added the butterflies to the background too!!!Fantastic card, you are one clever crafty gal :)
Jenny x

Lynn said...

This is so soft and gorgeous Aimes...love how you quietly stamped your butterflies in the background...stunning take on the CASE card! Happy Friday Eve!

Jeanette Marchand said...

I just love your card! It is simply gorgeous.

Julie said...

Gorgeous CAS creation! I could totally mass produce this one!

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous, very simple but such an impact!

enjoy *~*

Karen B. said...

Oh, this is beautiful! I love the masking!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Aimes...this is just gorgeous! That butterfly is just brilliant~

Laura B. said...

pure loveliness!

kasia c. said...

Gorgeous CASE! Love that stunning background you created with the butterflies and music notes. WOW! :)

Niki Estes said...

Absolutely beautiful, Aimes!! I love the sheet music/butterfly background and the beautiful CAS design!

LindaS said...

Elegant and beautiful card. Love the gentle colors and the pop of the butterfly.

Lindsay said...

Love love love Aimes! Love the stamp off look.

paperella said...

Aimes, this is gorgeous!!! I'm in love with that beautiful background! xoxo

Petti said...

Very elegant card. Lovely!

Andrea M said...

OMG this is BREATHTAKING!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this Aimes!!

Paper thoughts said...

Hiya
I have been blog hopping and come across your blog. I love the style & was wondering if you would like to apply for our new DT? We are
http://itsacreativeworld.typepad.com/its_a_creative_world/
We do not pay or send stash unfortunately, as we do not sell anything BUT we do run to Inspire like minded Crafters. It is good Advertising & you can post things you have put up on other Blogs.All we ask is you post twice a month one post has to be your own work the other can be also or another Blog, Tip, Recipe, Anything crafty.
If you are interested (please please please :)) email rainbow_poppy@hotmail.co.uk
Thankyou for your time either way :)

Smilie girl said...

I have loved this for a while and finally had a go of CASE-ing your CASE. I'm so glad I did. My husband thought it was my best effort yet. So, thank you!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.