Thursday, 3 November 2011

Is that a tulip posing as a poppy..?

Hey!

Happy Friday-Eve, Peeps!!!!



Yeah, yeah, y'know the drill, right? Friday-Eve means a new CASE study... But wait! It's also a new month (Man, November already?!) and so we have the added fun of a new muse to CASE!

So who's inspiring us this month? Well let me introduce to you Kryssi Ng! Oh you're in for such a treat this month with Kryssi's creations; I wish I could spill the beans and share them all here now, but I'll resist temptation and just give you a peek of what we're CASEing this week :)

Check out the original post of this card here!

Ooooh check out those gorgeous delicate colours, the perfect blending of those inks and the fabulous use of a negative die cut *swoon*

I went on a bit of a creative diversion from Kryssi's beauty:

Thank You

My inspiration started with Kryssi's use of that Hero Arts Poppy Stamp. I decided to purchase the digital version of Hero Art's Botanical Tulips (a total bargain at $0.99!) and play. Now I know this isn't a tulip, but I personally think this open tulip looks just like a poppy to me *wink*. November is a time when there's poppies-a-plenty around here as we pause to remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for us today so this card seems kinda fitting right now (have I convinced you yet that it's a poppy BTW?!)

Well poppy or no poppy, be sure to check out how Kryssi inspired the rest of the most fabulous CASE study DT:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes
Teresa Kline
Cristina Kowalczyk
Jean Martin
Julie Smith (taking a break but feel free to leave some love!)
Teneale Williams
Kryssi Ng (November's Muse)

So c'mon and join in the fun? It's easy-peasy to be inspired by Kryssi's card and we'd love to see your own take on it! All levels of crafty peeps are encouraged to play along and share the inspiration :)

Right, that's all from me today! I dunno about you but I'm totally ready for the weekend after my first week back at work. I'm kicking off my weekend with a dinner to attend with my guy for his work....I'll confess that the free dinner and free bar made this function a mandatory one for me attend *grin*

Hope you all have a super weekend! Thanks so much for stopping by here today :)

Catch ya later!






Card Deets
{Thank You for your Kindness}
Stamps: Classic Fabric Design, Digital Stamp - Botanical Tulips (Hero Arts)/Sentiment - Iconic Images (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: Soft Stone (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Promarkers/Linen and Canvas Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink)/Cuttlebug

20 comments:

Vanessa said...

This is gorgeous, Aimes! And huge contrats on your Moxie Fab World win! You rock!!! Hugs, Vanessa

Elena said...

wow - your card is such a stunner! Something about black, red and white is always so elegant - but you've taken it to the next level with that poppy!

Laura O'Donnell said...

beautiful use of the Hero Arts digi!

Laura O'Donnell said...

and hey, congrats on your moxie fab win!

Emma said...

Absolutely breathtaking Aimes - what a work of art!

Cammie said...

Wowzer, Aimes! This is stunning!

Lynn said...

Way to go on your Moxie Fab win yesterday. No surprise that your gorgeous creation won! I love your "poppy"! It is absolutely stunning. Fabulous coloring Aimes...have a great time at your dinner tomorrow! Has to be good if there are free drinks, right?!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this poppy/tulip(I luv both) is stunning, I adore the rich red....hope you have a super day girl!

enjoy *~*

Cristina said...

You may have veered, but you veered into greatness. I LOVE that flower. Totally stunning.

Lindsay said...

I don't care what kind of flower it is, it's GORGEOUS! So bold and fabulous Amy! Love this card!

Karen B. said...

Absolutely fabulous, the red is gorgeous!

Kryssi said...

This is absolutely jaw dropping;y stunning, Amy! Love your work!!

kasia c. said...

WoW!!!!
This is stunning. That poppy is gorgeous! I am loving that background paper and how the poppy definitely takes center stage. :)

Debby said...

Hi Aimes! You've done a fabulous job with that tulip/poppy - wonderful rich colour. Great bargain too. I must keep an eye out for more digi stuff.

Sharron said...

Positively gorgeous, Aimes--LOVE the red! And huge congrats on your Moxie Fab win!!

Mynnette said...

Fabulously gorgeous card! YES, it's a poppy! I didn't even see tulip when I saw it! :) Beautiful work! :)

Katiejane said...

Well I'm totally convinced it's a poppy lol. I adore the embossing plate you've been using lately -it's so rustic and understated and I love that. Is it PTI? A beautiful card for you to case and you did an ace job.
Have a fab weekend.
Katie x

Shelly said...

beautiful card Aimes, really lovely X

sheila said...

this is stunning! love the absolute in yo' face POP of that red flower!

Ellen said...

Fabulous card! Those colors are so gorgeous, elegant and simple. And I agree that it looks like a poppy. I just love that red!!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.