Thursday, 8 December 2011

A Modern Poinsettia...

Hey!

Woop woop! It's Friday-Eve! You all know what that means....



Time for a fabby new CASE Study from our muse, Amy Sheffer! Just feast your eyes upon this fabby card up for CASEing:

Check out the original post of this card here!

So what did I choose to CASE on this beauty of Amy's? Well I just couldn't take my eyes of that pretty poinsettia so I opted to create a poinsettia of my own:

Happy Holidays

Oh Modern Basics, how I love thee! Even the 'happy' part of the sentiment is from PTI's Modern Basics and 'holidays' is a partially stamped sentiment from PTI's Stocking Prints. I love how two sets have combined to make a fab sentiment - that font makes me swoon a little y'know!

In fact, I had so much fun stamping that poinsettia that I went ahead and made a few more cards based on the same design like this:

Happy Holidays

Only I couldn't spare all the bling so opted for buttons in the centre instead :)

We'd love for you to join in the fun and ink along with us! Be sure to check out the rest of the CASE Study DT for some awesome inspiration:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes
Teresa Kline
Cristina Kowalczyk
Julie Lacey
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Amy Sheffer (December's Muse)

Thank you so much for stopping by! Oh and thanks for all the well wishes about my ankle; the good news is that I'm now able to walk about so there's no more hopping (but there will always be blog hopping of course!)

Catch ya later!







Card Deets
{Happy Holidays}
Stamps: Modern Basics, Stocking Prints (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)/Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: White, Pinefeather (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Bling (Zva)/Button (Papertrey Ink)

13 comments:

Andrea M said...

Oh Aimes! I love your modern take on a poinsettia!!! This is AMAZING! Totally CASEing this one! So inspiring!

Jenny said...

Ultra modern and stylistic too....I love it and the bling in the middle is just the perfect contrast to the graphic design :)
Jenny x

Lynn said...

Aimes, I love the bling on the first one! How you arranged the different sizes of bling is perfect. And...how you line these stamps up beautiful to create such a gorgeous design makes me gasp in awe! :)

Karen B. said...

Um, wow! You are so clever. Pure clean and simple beauty.

Laura B. said...

simply fabulous!! I'm in love!

Cindy Lee said...

Clean and simple! It's so your style and I love it!

Sharron said...

Wow--such a superb job with your stamping--love this! And the CAS design with the bling--SO pretty!

Stephanie said...

I bought this stamp set because of you Aimes....still don't know what to do with it! Lovely, I like the 2nd one best x

Cristina said...

Amazing. I love it when you play with Modern Basics.

Nerina said...

Ack! This is fabulous! I never saw a poinsettia in that set before - but know a whole lot better now! Sooooooo elegant and so clever!

Lindsay said...

Awesome cards Aimes! LOVE the modern take on Amy's card and the focus on the poinsettia.

~amy~ said...

LOVE your take on the inspiration!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

I'm in awe of how you make simple look fabulous! Love your modern poinsettia! Excellent!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.