Monday, 13 February 2012

Better late than never...

Hey!

Happy Monday! Happy first day of half term for me -yay!

Do not adjust your monitor:


Nope - it's not Friday Eve, but it is time for me to make up for missing this week's CASE Study due to icy weather last Thursday!

So if you've got time for any last mintue studying, check out this beauty of Karola's and get busy:

Check out the original post of this card here!

I'm not sure if my last-minute entry can ever do Karola's card justice, but here it is anyways:

Happy Birthday

I was totally inspired by the butterfly (no surprises there!), the polka dots, the elegant combo of navy and burgundy and the use of the stamped frame. I have that very frame in my own stamping stash so it was rude not to ink it up!

So if you've always been a bit of a procrastinator like me, or you fancy being one for CASE Study, grab those stamps and inks and get busy because the challenge closes on Tuesday at midnight EST!

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Catch ya later!







Card Deets
{Happy Birthday}
Stamps: Fancy Flourishes, Daily Designs, Damask Designs (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black, London Fog (Memento)
Cardstock: White, Scarlet Jewel (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Soft Stone Bitty Dot Basics (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart)/Gems (Zva)/Blue Marker to colour clear gems (Promarker)

12 comments:

Ted said...

Aimes, I really need to visit your blog more often for wonderful inspiration! That butterfly/flourish card is just lovely. :) Have a wonderful week!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such an elegant card Aimes. Love the pretty butterflies on the swirls. :o)

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Such a beauty! Love the dark red of the butterflies.

Vicki said...

Oh it's beautiful Aimes, very elegant! Love butterfies :)

Hugs
Vicki x

Sharron said...

Gorgeous, Aimes--love the polka dots and flourishes! And the scarlet butterflies are stunning, especially with the blue gems!!

Christina said...

Glad you're starting to thaw out a bit, or at least able to travel safely! This is such a sweet take on Karola's card. I'm loving the blue gems against the scarlet butterflies!

Beverley said...

The LO is great, love the flourish coming from the circle frame. The butterflies are stunning in the scarlet jewel with blue rhinestones. Stunning. Hugs Bev xx

~amy~ said...

gorgeous! really love your choice of colors!

AnitaRex said...

It may be late but it's worth the wait! :> So pretty! I love your take!

Joan B said...

love this. the patterned paper here works beautifully.

Debby said...

Beautiful Aimes, so elegant and great colours.

Lindsay said...

This is so lovely Aimes! I adore the pop of color from those butterflies!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.