Thursday, 16 February 2012

A brief diversion from CAS...

Hey!

Happy Friday-Eve, peeps! In fact I may just have to refer to today as Thursday: I don't want to be wishing my week off work away *wink*

Regardless of what you call today, one thing's for certain:

Time for a new CASE Study! :)

Ready to study this gorgeous creation of Karola Witczak's?


Check out the original post of this card here!

Well seeing as I was pretty absent for the CASE Study last week, I felt I had some serious making up to do....

....so I challenged myself.....


....to try VINTAGE *gasp!*

I know what you're thinking. This is going to be a disaster. A card-crash on your screen so to speak. Just go with the flow OK and gimme some slack:

Vintage Thank You

This is about as much vintage as I can embrace comfortably. It's actually still pretty simple in design thanks to some scrummy Crate Paper gorgeous-ness.

I was inspired by Karola's whole style: the scalloped edges, the twine and especially her use of Prima Flowers. Now I don't have any yellow Prima flowers so I made my own using PTI dies, lots of glue and glitter too!

Now don't be put off by my own take on Karola's card, check out what the rest of the CASE Study whipped up for ya:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Amy Wanford <---you are here!
Christina Maclaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes
Teresa Kline
Julie Lacey (on a break right now)
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Karola Witczak (February's muse)

Be sure to play along with us! Need even more persuasion? Well we have a sponsor this week! One lucky peep could win two stamp sets of their choice courtesy of My Thoughts Exactly. So what'cha waitin' for?!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and for tolerating this brief interruption of blog featuring CAS cards. Service will be resumed as normal asap *wink*

Catch ya later!







Card Deets
{Thank You}
Stamps: Sentiment from Teeny Trees (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)/Antique Linen (Distress Inks)
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Lemon Tart (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Bouquet from the Portrait Collection (Crate Paper)
Accessories: Twine, Beautiful Blooms II 1 Dies (Papertrey Ink)/Rectangular Scallop Nestability, Grand Calibur (Spellbinders)

25 comments:

Maureen said...

that blossom is da bomb, Duchess!! This is why you are stamping royalty :) This is one of my favs from Crate Paper :) I used it for Dawn's birthday card last summer :) You do vintage up right...just like everything :) Hope your week is going well :) Ordered from PTI tonight...shipping has increased :( Hope it's not too bad for you gals in the UK. Hugs!

Katrin said...

beautiful.. ♥♥♥

Hugs, Katrin

Jenny said...

Vintage, shabby chic and CAS......how do you do it!
It's a beautiful card Aimes :0)
How did you get that 'distressed wood' edge to your card blank? My blending tool and ink pad give a smoother finish than that!
Jenny x

Lynn said...

Hey there, I love that gorgeous crate paper. And...you showcased it beautiful with the flower and twine. Love it Aimes!

Vicki said...

Loving the vintage floral theme here, very nice! :)

Hugs
Vicki x

Tammy said...

That flower is divine!! Love the PP too!

~amy~ said...

well lookie here...I have never seen such a large piece of patterned paper on one of your cards...
i
love
it
You go girl!

JanR said...

So lovely!

Lindsay said...

This is gorgeous Aimes! LOVE the pp and twine and of course that lovely bloom!

Chunyuan said...

It is gorgeous vintage shabby chic CAS. Love the flower you created. enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Shannon said...

Not your typical style, but still so pretty! I love the yellow rose (my favorite), so I'm giving extra credit for that. :-)

Stephanie said...

Looks like you're on another roll Aimes (quit your job, stay home - craft & blog everyday! That's an order) Beautiful card & you would never guess this style was out of your comfort zone x

Sharron said...

OMG, you do vintage CAS better than anyone! Love that gorgeous paper and your flower is just as stunning! I adore yellow so you picked just the right color.

Karen B. said...

I think it is gorgeous! I can still see the clean and simple!

Mynnette said...

Um, this is so pretty! And I don't know why you'd think we'd be put off by it!!! Fabulous flower--LOVE that paper and I think you totally pulled this off! :)

Cristina said...

Well, it's official, then. You can do anything. Because this is gorgeous!!! Patterned paper and dimension (and mixed patterns, for heaven's sake!) and still not too fussy or frilly. Love it.

Katiejane said...

You had nothing to worry about, this looks so beautiful Aimes.
The rose is of course stunning, all glittery and gorgeous!
Have a great weekend.
Katie x

Be(e) said...

I LOVE it, Aimes!! It is stunning! :)

Jess said...

You make vintage and CAS look so good together...Hehe I really don't think it's possible for anything you make not to be absolutely awesome :)

kasia c. said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

maria f. said...

Beautiful card and I love your flower!

Vera said...

Hello!
Just discovered you amazing Blog!
Love you work!
I am just starting...but feel free to visit me :)
Kiss
Vera

Nerina said...

sigh ... swoon ... gawk ... swoon ... sigh ... {{LOVE}}.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty. The paper and the flower are gorgeous! Great take on the card. :o)

Andrea M said...

OMG! It may be a departure, but this is FABULOUS! WAY TO GO!!!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I am also part of the Amazon and Cricut affiliate programs.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2014 to Amy Wanford unless stated otherwise.