Thursday, 23 February 2012

Easy Peasy Stripes!

Hey!

Happy Friday-Eve, Peeps! I'm happy to report the first week back at work is zooming by so quickly - I could easily do 5 more of these before we break up for the Easter holidays *wink*

So let's start to taste the weekend this Friday-Eve with a sweet new CASE Study:


This is Karola's final week with us as our muse. I've loved seeing how her creations have totally inspired me regardless of the fact that our styles are so different. Let's see what's up for studying this week and send her off with style:

Check out the original post of this creation here!

So what was I inspired by? Well I couldn't help but focus on the sweet strip of lined paper across the top half of Karola's project so I created my own and went with the creative flow:

Happy Birthday

FYI: There's a subtle, aqua flower stamped behind the 'happy' but my pic doesn't pick it up. Just imagine it's there, OK? :)

The strip of striped card was simply created by using the chisel end of my Promarkers and a ruler - easy peasy!

Karola's
accordion folded flowers also inspired me to ink up the gorgeous flowers from my Verve set: Hope Blooms.

So there you have it! This is how Karola inspired me, now it's your turn to show us how Karola inspired you! Need more inspiration? Check out the rest of the CASE Study DT:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Amy Wanford <---you are here!
Christina Maclaren
Clare Buswell
Debby Hughes
Teresa Kline
Julie Lacey (on a break right now)
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Karola Witczak (February's muse)

We'd love for you to play along with us! :)

Right - I really must dash: this first week back has been M.A.N.I.C! Late night meetings have given me hardly any time to do anything outside of work or flipping pancakes this week so apologies for my absence!

Thank you so much for stopping by today - I really appreciate it! :)

Catch ya later!






Card Deets
{Happy Birthday}
Stamps: Hope Blooms (Verve Stamps)/Modern Basics (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)/Plum Pudding, Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: White (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Promarkers/Canvas and Linen Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink)/Cuttlebug

21 comments:

Chunyuan said...

Gorgeous card. Love the three overlaping flowers and beautiful stripes you created.

kasia c. said...

This is just gorgeous! I love how you created such a beautiful CAS card froma very different inspiration piece. :)

Joan B said...

can always count on you to make something awesome!

Lynn said...

CAS happiness. Love the soft, subtle colors Aimes! Gorgeous.

Elena said...

Love your take on the inspiration piece!

~amy~ said...

such a pretty take on the inspiration...lovely work my dear!

Maureen said...

that strip is fabulous, Duchess!! AND those Verve flowers are a perfect background...I totally love your CAS version of Karola's frame!! It's perfect!! It's also reminding me that the snow needs to melt so some spring flowers can pop up! Hugs!

Laura B. said...

So perfect! Love how you created that stripey strip!

AnitaRex said...

I totally thought it was a strip of pp! I had to read several times and figure out what you meant by using the markers! LOL! Such a pretty card Aimes!

Karen M said...

This is so fab, Aimes. Really clean and sugary! Kx

Jenny said...

Sounds silly but I've never thought of using my pro markers other than for colouring....what a great tip!
Fantabulous card Aimes :0)
Jenny x

Mary said...

very unique....

sandie said...

wow I looked at this insiration card and was stuck but yet again you have come up with a really stunning card. I just love the CAS take on it

Lindsay said...

Oh I love this Aimes! Great card!

Sharron said...

Love how you focused on that simple stripe! I'm always amazed how you can turn one element into a gorgeous CAS design! Gorgeous card!!

Katiejane said...

Such great inspiration, your case card is as gorgeous as ever!
Katie x

Nerina said...

Oooooh so pretty and so clean - love this - those colours are pure delight! (So happy to hear that school is whizzing by - it certainly doesn't seem to be interfering with your awesome mojo!)

Mynnette said...

This is stunning! LOVE the soft colors and the way you've stamped the flowers is perfect!!! :)

Jess said...

Another stunner Aimes! I adore those stripes, I thought at first it was patterned paper. Great job! :D

Andrea M said...

This card is just pure happiness. CAS brilliance! Love this, Aimes!

MI Gal said...

Aimes- just found you through looking at different sites - this card is beautiful!! simple and clean. thank you for sharing!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.