Thursday, 1 March 2012

No room for sentiments...

Hey!

Wa-hooo for Friday Eve! Let's kick it off with a fabulous new CASE Study:



Oooh and because it's March (already?!) we've got a new muse to admire! I have to confess that I am *super* excited by this muse - I adore her style and genius when it comes to her cards. She's honestly had my jaw hitting my keyboard on a number of occasions! Well enough gushing - I'll spit it out; our muse this month is Laura Bassen!

I mean, just check out this fabulous card of Laura's up for studying this week:

Check out the original post of this card here!

I was inspired by Laura's use of fun, bright colours and the way that repeating a shape through 360 degrees creates a flower image:

Modern Flower

Hmmm....I just wish I could squeeze a sentiment on this somewhere...but where?! After much indecisiveness, I figured that this could be one of those cards to have on hand in emergencies (I can always stamp an appropriate sentiment inside *wink*)

So c'mon, I know you're inspired by Laura's card...I suggest that you check out the rest of the amazing CASE Study DT's take on Laura's card and then get creative!


We'd love to see you join us :)

Well that's me signing off for now...it's turning out that this week is actually just as busy as the last week! Roll on the weekend...!

Catch ya later!









Card Deets
{Modern Flower}
Stamps: Modern Basics (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Bubblegum, Fern, Buttercup (a muse inks)/Enchanted Evening (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: White (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Black Button (Papertrey Ink)

12 comments:

Marisa said...

LOVE it!!

Lynn said...

Oh my. Pure happiness when I look at all the CAS gorgeousness on this card. Absolutely beautiful Aimes!

~amy~ said...

EXcellent...personally I like making sentiment-less cards..makes them much more versatile:)

Christina said...

Well I just KNEW you would knock this one out of the park, Aimes, with your CAS prowess being what it is! Love that simple yet beautiful flower and all that yummy white cardstock.

Laura B. said...

Oh my! You always know how to work magic with modern basics! I love this ultra clean look without sentiment, so heavenly! Thanks so much for such sweet comments about my cards! You are too kind!

Chunyuan said...

love the bright happy color and how airy the card is. It is perfect without sentiment.

Elena said...

Love the colors you chose!

Wida said...

So listen, this card is pretty darn fantastic and I can tell you about a million reasons why, but the one thy I just have to mention is how perfectly aligned it is. I would have to have done it like 10 times to get it just right, and the button? Fogetta-bout-it!!! You done good!

Stephanie said...

Fabulous! And FYI, because of you I have spent many many hours battling with Modern Basics in an attempt to create something with it but alas I am defeated & it will be going on ebay - please stop using it so I'm not tempted to buy it again lol Have a great weekend :) xxx

Jess said...

Absolutely wonderful Aimes! You have picked the perfect colours that go together to make that beautiful flower!

Andrea M said...

Oh Aimes! This is INCREDIBLE!!! You always amaze me when you whip out modern basics! AWESOME!

Sarah C said...

Love this! So clean and crisp! Fabulous!

Post a Comment

Copyright

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2014 to Amy Wanford unless stated otherwise.