Thursday, 29 March 2012

Positive + Negative = Neutral

Hey!

Holy Guacamole! I've just conquered a battle with a stinkin' head cold that refused to leave this past week and a half! Apologies for being slightly MIA due to it, but trust me, you didn't want this lurgy visiting you!

Thank goodness it's Friday Eve! This week has been a toughie, but I'm on countdown to the Easter Holidays: 2 weeks of bliss with my gorgeous geek - can't wait! :)

So let's kick Friday Eve off in true style. CASE Study style, that is:

I love CASE Study


Now if you've not been playing along this month, why not? We've got Laura Bassen as our seriously inspirational muse on board and this is her last week with us. Let's send her out in style and study this beauty of hers:


Check out the original post of this card here!

I was totally taken with Laura's use of negative die-cuts and the way they provide the focal point on this fabulous card. I decided to play with a new (new to me anyways!) die and use both the positive and the negative die-cut of it to create a very neutral card:

With Sympathy

The picture doesn't capture the dimension on this card - it looks much better IRL, honest! The effect was really simple to achieve: I ran the die and card through my Cuttlebug, then didn't move a thing (except for removing the Die of course!) before applying the linen and canvas embossing plate on the same piece of card, and finally teased the sections of the leaf but kept the stem in place.

The pure, crisp whiteness led me to stamp a sympathy sentiment on this card. It's always good to have a few in your stash as I'm hopeless at making them on demand!

So now it's your turn! Be sure to check out what the rest of the CASE Study DT created from studying Laura's card and then play along and share the inspiration with us!

I'm hoping to catch up with everyone and everything now I'm feeling much better but it may take quite a while! In the meantime, don't forget, I have a copy of the March/April issue of Paper Crafts magazine up for grabs so leave a comment here by Friday 11.59 BST if you're interested!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Catch ya later!








Card Deets
{With Sympathy}
Stamps: Round and Round (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: London Fog (Memento)
Cardstock: White (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Linen and Canvas Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink)/Gentle Leaf Die (Poppystamps/Memory Box)

41 comments:

Laura B. said...

WOW! This is so gorgeous, Aimes! I love it! Hope you are feeling better!!

Wida said...

it is heavenly. The texture on texture is delicious! nicely done mi new amigo!! what is new in spanish anyway??

Wida said...

it is heavenly! the texture on texture is delicious. nicely done mi new amigo! what is new in spanish anyway?

Renuka said...

truly...beautifully CAS!

Cassandra said...

So so elegant Aimes, a truly beautiful effect. I was completely stumped as to how you did it till I read the instructions - very clever.

Joan B said...

wow, I LOVE this. so elegant, serene and beautiful.

Beverley said...

Beautiful card, love the crispness of the white & the technique you have done with the die & impression plate. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Hugs Bev xx

Elena said...

It's a beautiful card, Aimes! Love the subtleness and softness of it...

Lynn said...

Holy moly Aimes. I am drooling in awe at this card. It makes my CAS loving heart SING!! And I mean SING! Wow!

Hope you and your gorgeous geek have a fabulous time off together? Staying home or going somewhere fun?

Tammy said...

Who knew a card with no colour could be so stunning?!?! Simply awesome!

Debby said...

Love, love, love, love, love it! Oh and love it some more! Gorgeous Aimes.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Just so beautiful! Although I read your "how-to," I still can't figure out what is holding the leaf in place. Friction? Or some kind of adhesive? (did I miss you explaining that?)

~amy~ said...

thud...
♥ ♥

diana said...

Lovely! TFS ;-)

judy said...

Such a beautiful and striking card!!

Betty said...

this is so pretty - love, love, love it! great inspiration - just put it on my pinterest board!

Marisa said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Shannon said...

Wow, so striking and elegant. You're a master!

Shannon said...

Wow, simply striking!

Kelly Jo said...

STUNNING!!!!

Christina said...

Stunning, Aimes! I think my jaw hit the floor when I saw this. I love the use of the positive and negative cuts and all of that gorgeous white!

AnitaRex said...

Fabulous way to genius and how in the world did it not fall apart? Simply impressed over here!

LaurieJ said...

I adore this card! Wow!!

Julie Hoffman said...

This is absolute PERFECTION! I LOVE this!!!

Karen B. said...

I think this is perfect!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Simply Gorgeous!

Maureen said...

amazing, amazing, amazing, Duchess!! Again, your genius knows no boundaries! Love everything about this!

sandie said...

wow what a great idea and such a cool look. Sounds like it was tricky but heh I may have to give it a go.......perhaps!!

Pauline said...

Simply beautiful, lovely texture on this CAS design.

Michellem said...

That white on white is stunning!!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is so cool! I LOVE how it is all white. Such a neat technique/effect. Just stunning.

Lisa A. said...

Simply stunning:)!!

Karen said...

This is truly stunning!

Christine L said...

Wowwwwwwwww this card is stunning! I just found you through Pinterest... and love your work. And I just bought that die at Harrogate a couple of weeks back, so will definitely be CASEing your card with your permission..

I've also had this nasty lurgy this last couple of weeks... think it's definitely a Yorkshire bug... seems like everyone I know is ill with it!

Hugs
Christine x

Susie said...

Aimes, I had to come over to your blog and leave a comment here too. I saw this card on your SCS gallery. It's such a beautiful design. Thank you for sharing the technique.

Caryn said...

Sorry, a bit late to posting my comment but couldn't let this one ride by without a mention. Erm, WOW!

THAT IS ALL.

Caryn xxx

Hayley Glauser said...

absolutely gorgeous.

Cristina said...

One of the most beautiful cards I've ever seen.

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

So many beauties posted lately Aimes but this one just made me say 'wow'!! So innovative and I love the white-on-white!! Perfect!!

Anonymous said...

This post provides clear idea in support of the new viewers of blogging,
that in fact how to do blogging and site-building.

My homepage ... lasertest

Anonymous said...

I constantly spent my half an hour to read this weblog's articles everyday along with a mug off coffee.



Here is my web sote buy scrap computers usa

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.