Thursday, 19 April 2012

Curve around the clock...

Hey!

Phew-eee am I glad it's Friday Eve today! The first week back at work, after a couple off, has been M.A.N.I.C! I love it, but all the same I'm ready to chillax this weekend already!

So y'know the drill by now - it's Friday-Eve so it must be:


A new CASE Study for us! Are you ready? Well prepare to study this fun card by our muse, Laurie Schmidlin:

Check out the original post of this card, here!

After studing Laurie's card, I was taken with the rounded corners, the pop of red and the love heart:

Thinking About You Round the Clock

Tip: To curve sentiments on your acrylic block with ease, place a round nestability on your block first and use as a guide.

I've been having more fun with my Uniko Studio stamps this week. I wanted the sentiment to act as a punny one and literally curved it around the clock. The heart is a negative from a border punch (total justification for keeping every. single. scrap.) and also ties in with the love theme. I think this card is another one heading for my guy's lunch *wink*

So that's my 'study' session over. How about starting yours? Before knuckling down to study with us, why not do some prep and check out what the rest of the CASE Study DT created?

I hope you're not sick of me yet - it's a busy week here on the blogeroo! I'll be back again in a few hours to share some more super sneaky peeks from The Craft's Meow and while you're surfing Blogland, I'd also recommend checking out the Uniko Studio blog for some sneaky peeks of the amazing April release (I'll be sharing projects from it here on Saturday *wink*)

Thanks so much for visiting this little corner of Blogland today! I really appreciate it!

Catch ya later (like in a few hours - hee!)






Card Deets
{Thinking About You Round the Clock}
Stamps: Extra Time (Uniko Studio)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Card: White, True Black, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Heart Border Punch (Martha Stewart)


6 comments:

Beverley said...

Happy Friday Eve! Fun use of the sentiment. You really pack a punch with the Uniko Studio stamps in a FAB CAS style. LOVE IT! Loving the colour combo too :)

Lynn said...

Not sick of you at all! Love your take on Laurie's card. It is a CAS beauty. I adore the curved sentiment!!

~amy~ said...

awesome take on the inspiration...it always makes me smile when you say friday eve...

Christina said...

Totally sweet, Aimes! Love your tip about curving a sentiment around a circle Nestie and will have to give it a try.

Maureen said...

I love your punny uses with this set, Duchess...if that little heart is not the sweetest thing, I don't know what is ;) Ah, good times must always come to an end...hope last week wasn't too hard. Summer is just around the corner!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I like the way you curved the top corners of the card to make it look like a clock case. Blessings!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.