Thursday, 31 May 2012

Glossy flowers...


Hey!

Happy Friday-Eve! Let's kick off the super-long Bank Holiday weekend and Diamond Jubilee celebrations early with a real gem of a CASE Study:


It's Aga's final week with us as our fabulous muse. I'm sure you all know that I've seriously loved having her on board with us! I hope you'll join us for her last week with this beauty:


Check out the original post of this card here!

I was totally inspired by that gorgeous turquoise flower, the amazing misting and Aga's use of my favourite papers from Basic Grey.

hello friend

As a nod to Aga's fabulous style, I applied a coat of Glossy Accents over the flowers :)

Hello Friend Close

Note to self: if I can't avoid the temptation of touching the Glossy Accents before it's dry, then next time simply stamp over the flowers again in clear ink and emboss with clear powder! 

I'm not sure if you can see my splatters but I cheated! I used the splatter-phobe stamp (Well that's what I call it anyways!) from Typically Teen (The Craft's Meow) and stamped once on scrap before stamping on the card for a more subtle effect.

We really hope you can join in the inky fun with us this week! Be sure to check out the beauties that the rest of the CASE Study DT inked up for ya:

Amy Wanford (You're here!)

Thanks so much for stopping by this little corner of Blogland today! I'll be back tomorrow to spill the beans of some super-exciting news that I've been bursting to tell you all for weeks - I'm surprised I've managed to keep it secret until now - hee! *grin*

Catch ya later!








Card Deets
{Hello Friend}
Stamps: Flower Garden, Typically Teen (The Craft's Meow)/Friendly Phrases (Verve Stamps)
Ink: London Fog, Tuxedo Black (Memento)/Hawaiian Shores (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: Soft Stone (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Basic White 6x6 Collection (Basic Grey)
Accessories: Glossy Accents (Ranger)

20 comments:

Laura B. said...

This card is simply gorgeous, Aimes!

Vanessa said...

Hey girl! Oh, what a gorgeous card! I love your subtle take on the inspiration.
Can't wait to hear your news. I have an idea and I am sure I'll be so so jealous :) But I love you enough to be very happy for you!!! Vanessa xo

Laura O'Donnell said...

great case - this is gorgeous!

Debby said...

Love how subtle this is - gorgeous!

Jenny said...

Love the glossy dimension on the flowers and the subtle splatters are perfect :0)
Look forward to hearing your news.
Jenny x

Lynn said...

I'm with you on the splatter paint stamp!

Your card is 100% gorgeous.

Elena said...

Beautiful card! I love the splatter stamp - all the artistry without the mess :). Can't wait to hear your exciting news!!

Tammy said...

Love the glossy accents on the stamped image!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Oh my gosh....I also tempt myself to touch the glossy accents! I "check to see if it's dry," and end up with a big fingerprint :( I should either try your alternate method, or learn some patience! grrr

Love this card! A perfect final tribute to Aga.

JanR said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Lynn said...

Way to go on your feature on the HA blog today! Doing a happy cheer for you!!

Wida said...

What a perfect Aga card, she would be proud...as am I, a happy folllower

Ann said...

Wowza, this is FAB! Love those glossy flowers!

Sarah said...

Great card! I love the extra transparency of the glossy accents over dye ink.

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful card! You must've been really patient and steady with the Glossy Accents!

Dana F. said...

Great take on Aga's card!! I love how the turquoise pops against the elegant grey background.

~amy~ said...

This is gorgeous...and I'm a spatter phobe too:)

Ryann Salamon said...

This is oh so lovely!

Amy said...

Oh dear friend, this is just gorgeous! I love this stamp set so much and just received it. That flower stamped in the aqua color is just subtle and perfect!

Christina said...

What beautiful, subtle stamping, Aimes! It looks fantastic on the grid paper. Hope you enjoy your long weekend!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.