Thursday, 7 June 2012

DIY Masking...

Hey!

Happy Friday Eve! Now it's been a super short week here with our double bank holiday but let's keep the fun and celebratory mood going with a fabulous new CASE Study!

We're going to take it up a notch with the excitement this week as we introduce our new muse for June. I'm a big fan of her work and look forward to being able to legitimately case, Joy Taylor!

Ready to study? I hope so! Check it out:

You can see the original post of this card here.

Talk about packin' a punch with that focal point! I was inspired by Joy's layout and the use of stripes for my take on the CASE Study this week:

it's your birthday

...and I went a little more guy-friendly with my own take. I'm thinking these colours would be perfect for a baby boy card - just change the sentiment! 

I cut my own mask from printer paper for the focal point, and stamped stripes from Faux Ribbon (Papertrey Ink). The sentiment comes from Uniko Studio and the little star on top comes from The Craft's Meow. I love to see stamps from different companies work so well together!

Now I know I say it every week, but you really should check out the rest of the CASE Study DT. They R.O.C.K!

Amy Wanford (You're here!)
Joy Taylor (June's Muse)

You know what I'm gonna say next, right? Yup! Get those crafting supplies out and play along with us! :) Need more motivation? Well we have a sponsor this week; Uniko Studio are offering one of their stamp sets as a prize to one lucky peep! I know you'll think I'm biased with being on the Uniko Studio DT, but their stamps really are fabulous :)

I'll be back in a matter of minutes (literally!) with another post. Two posts in one day - now that doesn't happen very often!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Catch ya later!








Card Deets
{It's your Birthday}
Stamps: Faux Ribbon (Papertrey Ink)/Fontiments Birthday (Uniko Studio)/Giddy Up (The Craft's Meow)
Ink: Buttercup (A Muse)/London Fog (Memento)
Cardstock: Solar White (Neenah)/Spring Rain (Papertrey Ink)


7 comments:

Elena said...

Love this! The masking is perfect, with the stripes perfectly placed to make it stand out.

Lynn said...

Aimes, gorgeous. I love how you masked off the banner to create an even more CAS design. And pure perfection for a change in sentiment to a baby boy card!

~amy~ said...

check out your fab masking skillz...looks GREAT

Ann said...

Check you out with your masking! LOVE it!

Christina said...

That is some incredible masking, Aimes! Don't you just love Faux Ribbon? This would make a super sweet baby card, too.

pamela said...

I'm in love with the card ♥ Maybe.... maybe I'll get faux ribbon from PTI OTL

kasia c. said...

Oh I LOOOOVE how you masked off that banner. :)

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.