Wednesday, 20 June 2012

It started with a doodle...

Hey!

Whoop whoop! The day has arrived! It's my birthday-eve and I'm bouncing off the walls in excitement for tomorrow and for today's TCM June Release Countdown!!!!


The Craft's Meow

Why am I particularly excited for Day 4, you ask? Well because after what feels like eternity, I can finally share a little more of my first ever stamp set! Eeek! :D

Today the TCM DT are giving peeks of two sets up for grabs from tomorrow (June 21st) and I'm totally psyched to be alongside a fabulous set called, Summer Fun by the super talented, Kaitlyn Ord. Summer Fun will be *FREE* with all purchases over $50!

Summer Fun does exactly what is says on the tin so-to-speak, with graphic flair:

summer

I can see this set being fabulous for scrapbookers and cardmakers alike! The front panel of my card is raised with foam pads whilst the sentiment sits in the negative space - you can't see it clearly on my pic but trust me, it looks better IRL!

Ok. I'm ready. Are you ready? Drum roll, please LOL! Time to give you a sneak peek of a set designed by yours truly called, 'Oh Deer'. You may be expecting something super graphic in design, but my doodles tend to be whimsical and cutesy and that's reflected in this stamp set. It's kinda scary putting your artwork out there, but I hope you like it!

'Oh Deer' features a sweet fawn with woodland accessories along with sweet, punny sentiments of a 'deer' nature. Instead of me babbling on, I'll go ahead and give you the sneaky peek:

you're such a deer
 FYI: The shadow stamp can also be used a a pond! I simply stamped my deer first and used a masking technique to use the stamp as a shadow.

The dimensions of this card are narrower than your typical A2 card-base so don't go thinking that the sentiments are too big! Oooh and I couldn't resist adding a dollop of Glossy Accents to her eye and nose for some cuteness :)

Some of you may recognise my deer/fawn. She featured on here a few years ago, and as soon as I shared her, I knew I wanted to turn her into a stamp! So happy it's finally happened - well worth the wait! Just in case you're wondering - I created her 'dots' using a blender pen and a white gel pen; I wanted to keep the flexibility of going dotty on this cutie with the stamper :)

I'd love for you to check out what the rest of the TCM DT whipped up with 'Oh Deer' and 'Summer Fun'. Better still, leave a comment on the TCM Blog by 9pm tonight (Pacific Time) for a chance to win one of these sets!!!

So there you have it. My first ever stamp set and maybe not my last....! I'd really like to know what you think about it (though be gentle, I'm a newbie!)

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I'll be back tomorrow as I turn the big 3-0 with our TCM Blog Hop, the chance to see 'Oh Deer' in full and available to purchase, as well as a fabulous new CASE Study...what a way to celebrate! *grin*

Catch ya later!








Card Deets
{Summer Fun}
Stamps: Summer Fun (The Craft's Meow)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)/ Red (Versamagic)
Cardstock: Hawaiian Shores, White (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Canvas and Linen Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink)


{you're such a deer}
Stamps: Oh Deer! (The Craft's Meow)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: White (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Promarkers (Letraset)/Glossy Accents (Ranger)


26 comments:

Emma said...

If I could insert a Kermit the frog like yayyyyy! here I would. So, so happy for you my 'dear'. So adorable - cant wait to place my order on your special day tomorrow (in more ways than one).

Hopefully a little krafty package has arrived at yours too *wink*.

Elena said...

I love your deer!!!! You must be so excited!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

wow these are beautiful love your work!!!

cbuswell said...

ooooh, CONGRATS!! Loving that sweet deer, can't wait to see the rest of the set! It's gorgeous! well done you!! : )

Karen Day said...

How cool! And to have it released on your birthday-eve? Even better! Congratulations, it looks lovely!

Amy said...

Aimes, I am soo HAPPY for you! This is just an awesome accomplishment and your image is just adorable! You did a great job coloring it and this card is true Aimes style! Huge Congrats to you and Happy early Birthday!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I'm hysterical for you, girl!! Great job with the stamps, here's to many more :D

Maureen said...

eek!! It's here!! I think I am almost as excited as you, Duchess!! Were you fawn-dly the stamps when they arrived! teehee...can't wait to see the other sentiments...the dh would love them :) He's a total outdoors man! Congrats!!

Miriam Prantner said...

LOVE your stamp set! You must be so proud! That deer is adorable and I love the CAS summer card too!

Chunyuan said...

big congrats, Aimes. It is such a cute deer.

Lynn said...

Aimes, I'm so happy for you! Your set is super fun...and your samples are gorgeous!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Huge congrats, Aimes!! I adore this set and can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve!! Whoop whoop!

Kara Lynne said...

Congratulations!! This is such a precious fawn, I love it!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

CONGRATULATIONS AIMES! I love your cute little deer. I can't wait to see the whole set! :)

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Happy Birthday eve Aimes - and what a way to celebrate! Your new set and your little deer are adorable - so cute and sweet! Can't wait to see more of it!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday & congrads. on stamp set. Nadine

Helen L said...

Great little deer!! I'll bet you're about as proud as a "Mom" can be of your new little creation!! Great job :-)

Vickie Z said...

Whoo Hoo-congrats!! That deer is adorable!

Karen B. said...

Congratulations, Aimes! Isn't it amazing seeing all the wonderful creations?! This is such a cute set and you did a great job on it. Love your samples today!

Christina said...

Congrats to you on your first release! It must be so exciting to see that sweet little deer come to life (so to speak). I love his spotted back and the glossy accents!

Stephenie said...

Congratulations on your first stamp set and I know it is not your last!! Sweet little deer...who wouldn't like that?

Sisters Craft Cafe said...

Adorable cards! Happy Birthday!
~Luanne

Jenny said...

I'm so happy for you Aimes, the sweet little deer is soooo cute! Gorgeous cards to showcase two fab stamp sets :0)
Jenny x

sandie said...

I am reading this on the 21st so a very Happy Birthday and congrats on your first super stamp set

Laurie said...

CONGRATS! Yay!! I a so excited for you! And what a super cute little stamp! Can't wait to see more!

Debby said...

I've been so excited waiting to see your set! Congrats on this cuuuuuuuute guy :)

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.