Thursday, 27 September 2012

Capturing symmetry butterfly stylee....

Hey!

Wa-hooo for Friday Eve - albeit a soggy one here; a kayak would be a more appropriate form of transport around here this week!

But rainy days aside, let's start our day the CASE Study way!


Ready to study? I hope so! Feast your studying eyes on this lovely card by our muse for September, Torico:



Check out the original post of this card here.

Oooh I do love me some butterflies! I also love me the neutral kinda colour palette along with the pearls. I took that neutral palette a notch higher and tried my hand at stamping on fabric for my CASE Study this week:

Spread your Wings

Memento ink works a treat on this fabric butterfly and the symmetrical flourishes from Fancy Flourishes (Uniko Studio) are the perfect way to decorate a butterfly - capturing the symmetry of their delicately patterned wings. The heart flourish even makes for the sweetest of antennae too IMHO!

Now this is only my creative adventure from studying Torico's card. Be sure to see what creative direction the rest of the CASE Study DT took - you won't be disappointed!

Amy Wanford (That's me!)

And of course, if you do have the time, please study along with us and share the creative inspiration! :)

As always, thank you so much for popping by this little corner of Blogland today! :)

Catch ya later!








Card Deets
{Spread your wings}
Stamps: Fancy Flourishes (Uniko Studio)/Sentiment from Nature's Beauty (The Craft's Meow)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Cardstock: Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Digital Paper: Plaid from Classics Autumn Collection (Uniko Studio)
Accessories: Pearls (Stash!)/Linen and Canvas Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink)/Fabric Butterfly (Maya Road)/Labels 8 Die (Spellbinder's)

12 comments:

Maureen said...

oh, Duchess, that canvas butterfly is fabulous! LOVE the stamping on it :) Reason #35 to move to Canada...we always have beautiful Septembers :) Still in flip flops here! Yahoo!

Beverley said...

Super cute & fun card. I'm a sucker for butterflies too & your fabric one is FAB. Love how you've used the flourishes to decorate it too! Hugs Bev xx

Lynn said...

Oh my. Be still my heart. This is stunning. I love the texture...I mean really love it! And yet...you kept it so soft and CAS. Love it Aimes!

2amscrapper said...

ooh---I need to case again this month!

sandie said...

love the stamping on fabric and the soft colours, stunning x

2amscrapper said...

not sure if my comment went thru so here it is again. gorgeous case study. I must do a case again this week!

Karen B. said...

Gosh, this is so beautiful Aimes!

~amy~ said...

sigh...I so love this.

Christina said...

Truly lovely, Aimes. Your stamping on fabric is so crisp!

Cindy Lee said...

SWOON!! Oh i love this card!! The butterfly canvas is so so pretty!

Ginny said...

I just love this neutral color palette. BEAUTIFUL card!

Stacey Schafer said...

totally gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.