Thursday, 27 December 2012

Paint a pretty picture...


Hey!

Happy Holidays! I hope you've had/are having a wonderful time, whatever you're up to :)

It may be the busiest time of the year, but nothing delays a CASE Study so let's get straight to it!


Check out this card by our muse, Windy Robinson, and be prepared to get inspired:


To see the original post of this card, click here.

I was inspired by those flowers, the grey cardbase and the layout. I was also requested to make a birthday card for my dad to give to my mum (who celebrates her special day on Boxing Day) so cue a floral birthday card for just for her:

Watercolour Birthday
Tip: Stamp in light grey ink on watercolour paper to give the apperance of a painting painted from scratch

It's been soooooooo long since I've played with watercolours, but I had the urge to paint so I went with the creative flow. I also have some cool, metallic watercolours so as a nod to Windy's use of bling, I painted the centre of those flowers gold. They shimmer so prettily IRL. I'm sure a watercolour master could make those flowers look stunning, but my mum is probably my number one fan so I know she'll claim to like it anyway! *wink*

We know it's a super duper busy time of the year so this CASE Study is a two week-er and takes us to the end of 2012. But before you gallop ahead into 2013, be sure to take a peek at what the rest of the amazing CASE Study DT inked up for your festive, viewing pleasure:

Amy Wanford (That's me!)

Oh, and if you do find a spare creative moment, be sure to play along with us too! :)

Wishing you all a fabulous New Year! Here's to 2013! Cheers! *clink* 

Catch ya later...in 2013!







Card Deets
{Happy Birthday}
Stamps: Happy Everything (Clearly Besotted Stamps)
Cardstock: Soft Stone (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: London Fog, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Satin Ribbon (Papertrey Ink)/ Watercolour Paper (Art Supplies)

14 comments:

Wida said...

OMG I love this so much! pinning right NOW!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Very pretty Aimes! I think even if your Mum wasn't your number one fan she'd still love it! *wink*

Hope you had a lovely Christmas and are enjoying your holidays!

Lynn said...

Wow oh wow! Your watercolor painting is amazing Aimes. Happy Birthday to your mum. I'm sure she'll love this!!

~amy~ said...

WOW...this is gorgeous! love the idea of stamping in gray...thanks for the tip! Happy belated to your Mum!

Tenia Nelson said...

Wow.....this is all types of GORGEOUS!!! That is all.

Maureen said...

Duchess, those blooms look so lifelike! Gorgeous! I trust you and Chris had a lovely Christmas and you're enjoying getting your new nest all cozy and organized :) I love that this year we got out of school late so there's still lots of time to relax after New Year's :) Hugs to you :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Stunning watercolouring, Amy! I say you should do it more often. ;) I hope your Christmas was amazing!!

Tasnim said...

Wow! breathtaking! You did an amazing job water-coloring this image!

Bethany S. said...

wow. beautiful! I love it!

Cindy Lee said...

This is like a piece of art, Amy! The flowers are pretty and the colors are so soft! Gotta love this!

Laurie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! WOW!! Can you come teach me how to watercolor? Just beautiful my friend! Hugs!

Cristina said...

Oh, now that is GORGEOUS!!

Jean Martin said...

Aimes this is sooooo beautiful!!!!! I wish I could play with watercolors too!!!!! Love, love, love it! :)

Michelle said...

Stunning card Aimes, so pretty xx

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.