Thursday, 24 January 2013

Texture, Texture, Texture!

on your Birthday
 Hey!

Another Friday-Eve rolls around, another fabulous new CASE Study to focus on from our muse for January, Amber Kemp-Gerstel. I dunno about you, but I'm lovin' the inspiration her creations are providing and this week's creation is no different:

Check out the original post of this creation here.

I was taken with Amber's use of neutrals with a pop of colour, along with the texture of that corrugated kraft. In fact, I went a bit texture crazy once I started: a texture style stamp from the set Building Blocks; a bit of burlap; a felt heart and a button, (along with the obligatory cardstock of course!) :)

tips and tricks
  •  Keep those scraps to create your own embellishments. A scrap of burlap, felt and a button combined made for a custom embellishment that shows the love - literally!
  • Using neutrals with a pop of colour is always a winner! That pop of red should hopefully draw your eye straight to the focal point of the card without any effort on your part.
  • Texture can add so much dimension to designs. Even the most clean and simple of designs can ooze texture when it's clustered together as a focal point. 
Now it's your turn. Get settled and ready to study with us! For some mojo-boosting inspiration, check out my fellow CASE Study peeps:

Amy Wanford (That's me!)
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren Clare Buswell Debby Hughes  
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Jean Martin 

Jeanna Jachna  
Maureen Plut

Tasnim Ahmed (Guest DT)
Teneale Williams

Amber Kemp-Gerstel (January's Muse)

I challenge you to root through your own scaps (c'mon I know we crafters hoard keep everything) and see what beauties you can make. It completely justifies every. single. scrap. you keep! *wink*

Signature2





Products Used





21 comments:

Dahliamemories CW said...

love the combination of subtle stamped texture with fabric. Have a great weekend.

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Awesome little card Aimes! I hoard every scrap, no matter how small, for exactly this purpose! Love that darling heart on the burlap!

sandie said...

fabulous Aimed, the homemade embellishment really is a winner and yes I keep everything!

Lynn said...

The texture is absolutely awesome! Love this gorgeous CAS design Aimes!

Stephanie said...

Fabulous design Aimes xxx

~amy~ said...

so incredibly sweet.

Miriam Prantner said...

I love this. Perfect in every way, fantastic textures and love the stamped layer at the very back too!

Christine L said...

Oooh I LIKE!

Hugs
Christine x

Sharron said...

LOVE this!

Caryn said...

Adore it Aimes - I love all that natural stuff I do!! Hope you're ok?
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Karen B. said...

Perfect texture in a small space.

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! Love the bit of burlap underneath the felt heart! Great texture on a CAS card!!

Mandy said...

Such a beautiful design Amy!

xx

Carole said...

Aimes, as always your card is gorgeous. I'm not sure how often you hear this but I do want to say "thank you" for your creativeness. You always inspire me.

Pam Sparks said...

love it!

Christina said...

You can't go wrong with red and kraft and a fabulous combination of textures! I just love that bitty scrap of burlap.

Laurie said...

Ummmm....ok girly! This card sings to me! I love every bit of CASimplness about it! (is that a word?) I love the soft colors with the pop of red, the layering. The whole thing! :)

Mary-Anne V said...

gorgeous...love the different textures.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the texture :)

Els said...

This card is just stunning!! I love the different textures and layers!!

Petra Swart said...

Love this card. Great texture. TFS.

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.