Thursday, 7 February 2013

A positive outlook...

today is a new day
Hey!

Hooray for Friday-Eve & hooray for a new CASE Study!

Now we're into February, it's time to have a new muse on board with us to inspire us. So without further ado, our new muse is.....Teri Anderson! So check out how today's card was inspired by this card of Teri's:

 Check out the original post of this card here.

I took a peek at Teri's card, and walked away to my desk with the following elements in mind: colours, stripes and polka dots. Now this is certainly not a colour combo I would have chosen straight away, but it's definitely grown on me. I like the idea of the positive colours to promote the sentiment - a sentiment I often tell myself over and over!

tips and tricks
  •  Don't be afraid to mix patterns. Polka dots and stripes love to be together y'know :)
  • When die-cutting a shape, cut a few more for future projects. It's great to have them on hand, ready for use without having to crank your die cutting machine (if you've got an old manual one like me!) 
  • To stamp and impress a pattern into cardstock, or to impress a pattern into cardstock and then stamp? Depends entirely on what look you're going for. For smooth, crisp staming (important for sentiments IMHO) be sure to stamp before you impress a pattern on your cardstock!
I hope you too are inspired by Teri's card and would like to play along with us. As always, check out what the rest of the amazing CASE Study DT created for you and please welcome our Guest DT for the month, Sylvia Blum!

Amy Wanford (That's me!)
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren Clare Buswell Debby Hughes  
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Jean Martin 

Jeanna Jachna  
Maureen Plut

Sylvia Blum (Guest DT)
Teneale Williams

Teri Anderson (February's Muse) 

I hope that today's cheery card gives you a positive look on today! And remember, if today isn't working out, then there's always tomorrow to be the new today! :)

Signature2






Products Used




15 comments:

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Love this Aimes! Bright and cheery and reminds me of Spring! Remember that Season?! lol! Love the colours you used on this!

Wida said...

I love your little tips and this card is fantastic. the colors are so fresh and I needed to hear that little sentiment tonight :) thanks...

Elena said...

LOVE. the design, the colors, the patterns. all of it.

Debby said...

Fabulous take Aimes! And that's a Memory Box bird die I don't think I have ..........

Gerdine said...

Love this card!

Caryn said...

Love the die and the stripy elements - great card.

Lindsey said...

I LOVE this! Love the layout. You are a CAS genius.

Lindsey said...

I LOVE this! Love the layout. You are a CAS genius.

Michelle said...

Stunning! I'm speechless! Wow!

~amy~ said...

CAS fantabulous!

Lea L. said...

This is so light and airy and fresh....love the light colors & awesome design!

cbuswell said...

Perfect as always! I love the yellow and that sweet birdie!! SO fresh!

fun stamping said...

Gorgeous card - love the composition and the colors!

maria f. said...

Hope you're doing well - this card is certainly cheery! Once again, love your CAS take. What an adorable birdie hangin out with all that yummy yellow.

Carole said...

Love your card Aimes, you always inspire me in one way or another so I thank you and the tips are also great so thank you for that too. Carole xox

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.