Thursday, 14 February 2013

Many sets, much patterned paper & one card...

just for you
Hey!

Happy Valentine's Day ! I hope you have a lurvely day whatever you're up to, and even if you're not celebrating it, why not celebrate Friday-Eve with a new CASE Study to ink along to? You know the deal by now: you see a card from a fabulous muse and get inspired to create!

Our CASE Study muse for February, Teri Anderson, has this card for our studying pleasure this week:


I love Teri's use of patterned paper on this card - something I aspire to use on my own cards when I pick up yet another pad of lovely patterned paper only to know deep down inside that it will sit on my desk loved, but unused! *sigh*  However, things changed for this card and I indulged in a whole pad of the stuff!

I wished I'd set myself the challenge to see how many Clearly Besotted Stamps stamp sets I could squeeze on to one card too seeing as I've managed to use six. Admittedly it's those itsy-bitsy-teeny-tiny stamps from a variety of sets, but that still counts as six different sets, right?! The rectangular panels are stamped from the stamp image from the set Post It: Love (Clearly Besotted Stamps). I simply stamped the stamp image and cut the rectangles out - easy!

just for you close

To add to the focal point - the sentiment - I smothered the central panel with Glossy Accents. I do like shiny things :)
tips and tricks
  • Take a look at the smaller stamps in your sets and see what you can create with them.
  • Using a dye ink on patterned paper allows the patterned paper to still show through the stamped image. If you don't want this effect, then try a chalk ink or embossing.
  • Scared of mixing patterned paper? Me too! Simply use a variety of papers from the same pad/collection and they'll coordinate perfectly.
Be sure to pop along and visit the rest of the super duper CASE Study DT and why not leave 'em some love whilst you're there? After all, today is the day to show some!

Amy Wanford (That's me!)
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren  

Clare Buswell  
Debby Hughes  
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Jean Martin 

Jeanna Jachna  
Maureen Plut

Sylvia Blum (Guest DT)
Teneale Williams

Teri Anderson (February's Muse) 

And of course, we'd for you to play along too! :)

Ahhhh, I can almost taste the weekend and along with it comes half-term - yipeeee! Cue lots of catching up to be done in both Blogland and the Real World next week

Thanks so much for stopping by today! 


Signature2






Products Used

17 comments:

Gerdine said...

Your card is gorgeous! Thank you for the links to the stamps, they are so lovely!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Very different for you Aimes! Love your mix of patterned papers with the cute tiny stamped accents! Very chic!

Sian Ridley said...

Oooh, your card is stunning! I am inspired by your use of patterned paper - I also have a collection of beautiful papers that sit on my desk untouched! Maybe this challenge is the perfect opportunity to make me actually use them!!

Thank you for your kind words on my blog, they mean a lot :)

Enjoy your weekend and half term! Whoop whoop! :)

terisplace said...

Amy, Amy, Amy! I like it muchly!

Teri

Lynn said...

amazing design Aimes! I love the mix/match papers and the gray ink...gorgeous!

Kreativmomente said...

So cute..... i love your card!

Happy Valentine!
Christine

Debby said...

Gotta love those little stamps! Cracking job Aimes :)

Dagmar said...

What a fabulous Card, I love it.

Happy Valentine Dagmar

Jenny said...

Love this Aimes, great way to use those smaller stamps and yes I'm scared of mixing colours and patterns in papers too!!
Jenny x

Tasnim said...

Beautiful card! the collage and the soft colors look really great!

Wida said...

oh my you have outdone yourself! gorgeous!

Dianne said...

Beautiful, so well put together,all the work worth it, thanks for sharing...

Stephanie said...

Just fabulous! Big thumbs up from me Aimes :) xxx

Ruth G said...

I love the colors you chose, the wonderful small designs on the patterned paper and the sweet little stamped elements! Consider me inspired (although I've already done my CAS and went a different way - I'm cataloging yours - Pinterest here I come!) Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Kristie said...

Very pretty take on the CASE card! Love all the stamped squares.

Christina said...

I always love seeing you use patterned paper! You always manage to keep your clean and fresh look even when mixing and matching patterns. What a fantastic use of those little stamps!

Tracey said...

Wow! This is just gorgeous!!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.