Thursday, 28 February 2013

Telephone Love ♥

I always love hearing from you
Hey!

Happy Friday-Eve, peeps! It's been yet another super duper busy week here, but I'm still finding time to ink up for CASE Study (I'm thinking I need a time machine...or a formula to create more hours in the day!)

So it's Teri Anderson's final week as our muse on CASE Study and she's leaving us in super-fun style with this card of hers up for studying:

Check out the original post of this card here.

Telephones are weak spot of mine. Teri's card inspired me to ink up my older Hero Arts set (Just Saying Hi) and combine it with a newer Hero Arts set (My Happy) for today's card. As a nod to Teri's fabulous use of polka dots, I used my polka dot impression plate. I also got busy with some patterns; just in smaller doses than Teri for this CAS card (see my stripy and ledger stamping, and checked washi tape). 

Now the big heart-shaped gem...well I found it after digging for some bling for another project and it was just begging to be placed on this project! I like that it relates to the sentiment :)

tips and tricks
  • When using the large background stamps, ink it up and place it face up on your surface. Then place your card on top and smooth over with your hand; you're more likely to get an evenly stamped impression.
  • When impressing a pattern into cardstock, especially thick cardstock, lightly spritz your card with water beforehand. This will loosen the fibres of the card and give a deeper impressed pattern. 
Why not pop along and see what the rest of the CASE Study DT created? I promise that you won't be disappointed!

Amy Wanford (That's me!)
Andrea Ewen
Christina MacLaren  

Clare Buswell  
Debby Hughes  
Iwona Palamountain (Chupa)
Jean Martin 

Jeanna Jachna  
Maureen Plut

Sylvia Blum (Guest DT)
Teneale Williams

Teri Anderson (February's Muse)   

We hope you get inspired by Teri's card too and play along with us :)

Thank you so much for visiting this little corner of Blogland today. I'll be back at the weekend with a project that might just explain why activity on the blogeroo has been quiet recently....*wink*

Signature2  
Products Used





13 comments:

Lynn said...

I love the touch of texture with the embossing Aimes. Lovely CAS take on Teri's inspiration card!

nwilliams6 said...

Fun card! Love they layout and fun elements (especially the heart on the old phone - I had one of those when I was younger).

~amy~ said...

seriously fun:)

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

You have *so* piqued my curiosity with your comment there Aimes - I don't want to wait until the weekend to find out!! I {heart} this card so much. The layout is perfect, the colours divine, all elements so well considered - and that giant bling heart?! Swoon!!

Debby said...

I'm with Taheerah! What's the news??? In the meantime I'll just have to satisfy myself with this gorgeous number! Love it when you get the phones out!

Cath said...

Oh wow! I love this to pieces! :)

Lea L. said...

LOVE!! Love the phone...love the heart jewel...love the sentiment! Just LOVE!

Dianne said...

Very kool card, your execution is fabulous with the lovely red heart so special, thanks for sharing Amy....

Diane said...

Love the super cute card and the perfect "gem" on it!!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Oh, one question Aimes - how did you get the title of your post to have a heart in it?! That's so cool!! Teach me!!

Linda Beeson said...

How cute is that telephone, especially with the big jewel heart!

Suzanne Russell said...

I love the way you case ANY design and turn it into a truly "Aimes" design. This one is indescribably cool!

C Wu said...

Awesome card. love the texture and the pattern and big glitter heart!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.