Oh boy. Friday-Eve is upon us and it's now less than a week until Christmas! Are you ready?
No matter what I have left to do (and let me tell you, it's a lot!), there's always time for a spot of studying CASE Study stylee! :)
Today's card is inspired by this wonderful inspiration pic that came courtesy of Cath Edvalson on Moxie Fab World.
Check out the original post of this picture here.
I think it's pretty obvious to see how this picture inspired today's project. How could I not feature a little bird on my design? And how could I not turn that little bird into a robin? :)
- I turned this die cut bird into a robin by colouring him all over with a brown alcohol marker, adding detail with a dark brown marker, and colouring his breast red.
- To add a little more to this robin, I then covered his red breast with red Stickles. The fact I coloured it red underneath makes gives him a deeper red breast.
- To create my snowy ground I tore a piece of card to create a mask and smothered the bottom section with Sparkle Medium (a sparkly type of embossing paste)
- See the branches? They're made from twine. Tiny dots of Glossy Accents and a bit of manipulation with the twine makes a great branch with texture.
- The die originally cuts the robin facing the other way, but I simply flipped him to have him facing this way. :)
Keeping it super short and sweet today. Still have plenty to do and not enough time to do it in! Eeek!