Thursday, 6 March 2014

Butterfly Thanks

Butterfly Thanks
Hey!

Happy Friday-Eve! This week is proving slightly less manic/chaotic than last week, but I'm still looking forward to the weekend to be able to catch up with everything. :)

Anyways, it's time for a fabulous new CASE Study to knuckle down to and with it comes a new muse to admire for the new month of March. This month's muse is pretty new to me, and I love her style. We have the talented Joni Nina Andaya on board with us!

So today's card of mine, was inspired by this card of Joni's


Check out the original post of this card here.

Here are the elements of Joni's card that inspired my card today:
  • Stripes
  • Sentiment stamped on a banner
  • Label die split in half
Hmmm I've just realised that by blog colour scheme might also be added to the list of things that have inspired this card. I don't think I've ever created a card that has coordinated so well with my blog LOL!

Butterfly Thanks Close Up
I used a ton of new Clearly Besotted Stamps goodies for this creation (Still trying to make up for missing most of the sneaky peeks of the March release!) and I've featured two new sets on this card along with their coordinating dies. Elegant Butterflies is a perfect name for this set - I don't think I have a butterfly set that's so beautiful! Lovely Labels is a great staple set to have too and I love the mix of dies that coordinate with it.

tips and tricks
  • The focal point was created by cutting a die cut from the Lovely Labels Die Collection in half and sandwiching a banner with the sentiment embossed in the middle.
  • When placing the tiny embellishments, I made a point of placing more by the smaller butterfly to balance out the larger one at the top.
  • The patterned paper I used was originally a diagonally striped piece, but I just rotated my die to make those lines vertical for this design.
I really hope you can play along with us! Be inspired by Joni's card and get creative! Please stop by over at CASE Study HQ for a ton of inspiration and the full deets on how to join in.

I'll be back tomorrow, with yet another not-so-sneaky-peek of a couple of newly release Clearly Besotted Stamps sets. The good news is that if you like what you see, it's available for purchase (provided that it hasn't sold out!)

Signature2


Products Used



14 comments:

Lynn Mangan said...

Aimes, you can do CAS like no other and this collage is like no other...love how you've perfectly placed everything...of course I adore the linen impression plate and the color combo...swoon.

Joni nina Andaya said...

What a Gorgeous card Aimes ;) Love the colors so much!!!

paperella said...

You made Joni's card justice! What a beauty!

Maureen said...

oh, let's add collage to your creative genius, Duchess! I love every bit of bling, die cuts and those fabulous butterflies. I really need to try that split die cut! ox

Emily Leiphart said...

Oh la la, so beautiful, Aimes! I love the pale colours and the split frame over the sentiment label!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

So beautiful! I love the little stars and sequins scattered around the butterflies. :)

Anja (scrappie) said...

Such a sweet adorable card the colors are great together. Did you use the linen impression plate by PTI for your background I wonder I love it.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Total stunner! Love the way you've cut the tag and placed the banner in the middle - genius!

Nadinebd said...

love that card!!! thanks for sharing.

frommycraftroom said...

Lovely card. Like the split tag die.

~amy~ said...

awesome take on the inspiration...such a pretty card!

Amy Rohl said...

This is just lovely, Aimes! Love the texture of the card base and all of your delicate extras - just perfect!

pinnednpenned said...

Really stunning, Amy. My boyfriend loved it, too! Popped right off the page. So awesome to be sharing some time with you at CASE this month! LOVE your work! xo

Laura Davis said...

Oooohh this is lovely!
Laura

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.