Pheweeee what a busy week! I can't believe it's Friday-Eve already and only one more day before the bank holiday weekend. Can't come soon enough LOL!
Busy or not, I'm still - somehow - finding time to pop by with a card for this week's CASE Study. Why not join in with us this week? All you have to do is be inspired by this gorgeous card from our muse, Wida Miller and share your creative journey with us:
Check out the original post of this card here.
Oh Wida, Wida, Wida. I do love it when you freestyle collage. It makes my heart pitter-patter and my creative heart long to join you! :)
I took a few elements of Wida's card and although I feel she totally nails this style and it takes much longer for me to try and rustle something up worthy of standing next to this card, it was fun experimenting. That's the joy of CASE Study, friends, it takes you in directions your brain wouldn't alone. :)
So the elements that you'll find on my card that are inspired by Wida's card are:
- The layout
- The ink splatters (hard to see, but trust me when I say they're there!)
- The arrow embellishment
- The gold glitter material
- The vellum butterflies
- The hearts
I'm also going to enter this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Simon Says Vacation/Travel. I'm hoping my subtly stamped bicycle in the background will count for the travel element! ;)
- The frame is actually a scribble flower from the new Simon Says Stamp set - Scribble Flowers. I like how it doubles as a doodle-style frame.
- The sentiment is a partially inked sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp set - Summer Garden. To mask a section of a sentiment I simply mask parts of the stamp I don't require with washi tape, ink it up, remove the washi tape and then stamp. So easy.
- If, like me, you struggle sometimes to adopt a collage style then it helps to go through your scraps. You never know what little treasures you may find to add to your design... :)
That's all from me today. I must dash, this week is going to end before I can end the things I need to get done LOL!
As always, thank you so much for visiting!
N.B I've listed products that are available here as well as across the pond in the USA via Amazon. They appear below as multiples of the same product - just click on the one based on your location. :)