Thursday, 22 May 2014

Totally. Inspired.

for you
Hey!

Pheweeee what a busy week! I can't believe it's Friday-Eve already and only one more day before the bank holiday weekend. Can't come soon enough LOL!

Busy or not, I'm still - somehow - finding time to pop by with a card for this week's CASE Study. Why not join in with us this week? All you have to do is be inspired by this gorgeous card from our muse, Wida Miller and share your creative journey with us:


Check out the original post of this card here.

Oh Wida, Wida, Wida. I do love it when you freestyle collage. It makes my heart pitter-patter and my creative heart long to join you! :)

I took a few elements of Wida's card and although I feel she totally nails this style and it takes much longer for me to try and rustle something up worthy of standing next to this card, it was fun experimenting. That's the joy of CASE Study, friends, it takes you in directions your brain wouldn't alone. :)

So the elements that you'll find on my card that are inspired by Wida's card are:
  • The layout
  • The ink splatters (hard to see, but trust me when I say they're there!)
  • The arrow embellishment
  • The gold glitter material
  • The vellum butterflies
  • The hearts
See? It's like I took nearly every detail of that card! So inspired! :)

for you close up

I'm also going to enter this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Simon Says Vacation/Travel. I'm hoping my subtly stamped bicycle in the background will count for the travel element! ;)

tips and tricks
  • The frame is actually a scribble flower from the new Simon Says Stamp set - Scribble Flowers. I like how it doubles as a doodle-style frame. 
  • The sentiment is a partially inked sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp set - Summer Garden. To mask a section of a sentiment I simply mask parts of the stamp I don't require with washi tape, ink it up, remove the washi tape and then stamp. So easy. 
  • If, like me, you struggle sometimes to adopt a collage style then it helps to go through your scraps. You never know what little treasures you may find to add to your design... :)
Now it's your turn! I'd love to see your creations based on Wida's card this week. Be sure to check out the full deets of the challenge and see what the rest of the CASE Study DT whipped up over at CASE Study HQ. 

That's all from me today. I must dash, this week is going to end before I can end the things I need to get done LOL!

As always, thank you so much for visiting!

Signature2


Products Used
N.B I've listed products that are available here as well as across the pond in the USA via Amazon. They appear below as multiples of the same product - just click on the one based on your location. :)

11 comments:

Jill said...

Girl! I love your take on Wida's card! Just the right amount of CAS and collage!!

maria f. said...

Fabulous card, fabulous CASE.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful! I just love that the CAS freestyle collage with the subtle background stamps!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Anja (scrappie) said...

As always an amzing card Aimes.

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Love this, Aimes. I love your take on this style - really perfect! x

Marlou McAlees said...

stunning card :)

Maureen said...

so delightful, Duchess! I'm so loving your twine bows lately...please keep adding them! Each element is pure yumminess! ox

Diane Jaquay said...

This is DARLING, Aimes, I love it to bits!!!

Wida said...

your embellishment placement and color combo is PERFECT!

sandie said...

Love the butterfly, peg and twine combo. Think you nailed it Aimes x

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.