Thursday, 19 June 2014

Painting the town...

paint the town
Hey!

Pheweee! What a roller-coaster of crazy, chaotic, fun I've been on since the weekend!

Well firstly I can announce my new job/career/adventure to you seeing as I've been doing it for the past week (that's if you haven't already discovered it via my Instagram, Twitter or Facebook!) I am now the new editor of the magazine, Simply Cards & Papercraft! It's a UK publication and I'm absolutely delighted to be on board with such an amazing team of people. Working with creative peeps is amazing! There's a lot to learn and so apologies if the blogeroo appears to be a little neglected right now; once I get into the swing of things I'll be back to my regular posting schedule - fingers crossed!

But enough about editing. It's Friday-Eve so it's time for another fabulous new CASE Study to knuckle down to. This week's CASE Study, that we hope will get the mojo tickin', is brought to you by our talented muse, Pamela Ho:



Check out the original post of this card here.

Seeing Pamela rock that cityscape die totally inspired me to whip my Clearly Besotted Stamps cityscape die through my Cuttlebug. I painted the city/town red with a red Distress Ink pad, adding a bit of texture by splattering water over the top.

I don't have a sentiment about painting the town red so I used some ancient Doodlebug alphabet transfers. Feels good to use the old stash I've been hoarding. ;)

tips and tricks
  • I'm far out of my comfort zone in playing with focal points at angles. In order to make it easier for me, I like to place a mat underneath my tilted panel at a square angle. It gives more flow to the tilted panel and keeps me happy- ha!
  • The addition of a mini bulldog clip adds a fun touch to the design. It was originally going to be twine, but in the back of my mind I wanted to keep this as a card that could be for a guy. Twine can be girly, but bulldog clips can certainly suit both!
  • I painted the town red quickly by tapping a red Distress Ink pad on an acrylic block and spritzing it with water before smooshing it (yes, that is a technical term, ha!) all over my the cityscape.
Well now it's your turn. Be inspired by Pamela's card and get creative! Check out the full deets of the challenge over at CASE Study HQ along with the rest of the talented CASE Study DT's creations.

Well it's back to the day job for me. I still have to pinch myself that I get to immerse myself in the papercrafting world for my job. It's awesome.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Signature2



Products Used

11 comments:

Pamela said...

Congrats!!!!!!! Soo happy about your awesome news! And that job is just PERFECT for you!

And love your interpretation of the card :D

Lucy Abrams said...

FAB card, as always…
But we need more job details. Forget "Enough about editing"… we want more. :) Or is it all "I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you" top secret stuff?
P.S. I always love reading your tips and tricks. And like you, anything that isn't a nice right angle gives me a bit of a stress headache. :)

Lynn said...

A big huge congrats on your new job Aimes. I'm so happy for you! I love your card...the tilted panel and touch of dimension is super fun.

~amy~ said...

You are one lucky chicky...sounds like quite the dream job and you're the perfect person!
Love your fun card, it's fabulous!

Maureen said...

you are definitely painting the town red now, Duchess! Big CONGRATS on the new job! You've quit your day job! Literally! I know you will be just as successful at the new one :) Keep us posted!

Inkyfingers said...

Many congratulations Amy - I'm so pleased for you and hope it all goes well. Hugs
Carol x

frommycraftroom said...

Congratulations on your new job.
Fab card as always. :)

maria f. said...

Happy clapping for you! You'll be great.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Great card, love the sentiment. Am now following and would love you to folllow me. Congrats on the fab new job x

Cris G said...

Congratulations on your new job! I'm sure you will be great doing what you have to do :).

Louise said...

Congratulations..sounds like a perfect job. I purchased this CB die and love your card!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.