Yup, I'm still here!
What a glorious Monday it's been here today! I'm not normally so happy on a Monday but I have a few reasons today *wink*:
- Firstly, the sun is shining, summer is really here!
- Wimbledon's started so time to crack open the Pimms and scoff the strawberries! And last but not least.....
- It's my birthday!! I'm not getting to the age yet where I worry about being a year older, I don't think I ever will seeing as I act closer to my shoe size than my age LOL!
So as you know it's been super busy around here. Yesterday Chris and I hosted a little family party to celebrate my birthday (slightly premature I know!) as well as father's day. Today, I thought I'd share the card I made for dad; it was a last minute dash to my crafty corner for this one as is the case with most guy cards but I'm kinda happy with it!
Stamps: Practicing Creativity - Look Up!/PTI Daily Designs Sentiments
Ink: Memento Black/PTI Fresh Snow/Versarmark (pen)
Card: PTI Enchanted Evening/Spring Rain/Stamper's Select White/New Leaf/Lemon Tart/Pure Poppy
Accessories: PTI Cloud Dies/White Gel Pen/Cuttlebug/PTI New Leaf Twill Ribbon
Dad loves to watch hot air balloons and we treated him to a trip in one for his birthday a few years ago. I tried to personalise the card by turning my polka dot one into a ladybird one as one nearly identical to this can often be found floating across the sky at night!
A few tips/ideas behind the card:
- I had fun playing with my new PTI Cloud dies too on this; I used the smaller one as a negative to sponge ink through to make the background clouds more subtle. This helps you focus on the larger cloud cut from white card. I could create whole sheets of this cloud DP!
- The larger cloud was cut and flipped over so my sentiment followed the shape of the cloud
- The main balloon and the cloud have been mounted on 3D foam pads to add dimension. I dunno about you, but I'm seeing these being used a lot around Blogland lately!
- To add even more detail to the main balloon, I shaded it with a versamark pen. I love to paper piece but sometimes it can make my image seem a little lifeless/flat.
- I drew a white border around my main panel to balance the white used as my clouds as well as to frame the image
- I couldn't resist a strip of New Leaf Twill Ribbon coming of the cloud. I like to think it balances the bold, green balloon a little.
Right then, I'm now going to get ready to be treated to a night out on the town with my guy! Not too much partying though, it's a school night after all!
Catch ya later!