Happy Saturday! Happy weekend! Happy release day @ Uniko Studio! :D
That's right, all the sneaky peeks that we've been sharing this past week are now revealed in their full glory for you to admire and purchase! Please check out the full release here and deets here.
For my final card of the release, I couldn't resist playing with snowflakes again. I love white-on-white creations; there's something so pure and beautiful about them. And when playing with snowflakes, you've gotta add sparkles right? *wink*
- To achieve the sparkly snowflake, I used the negative die cut of the snowflake as a stencil from this card and applied sparkling embossing paste over it.
- Not got sparkly embossing paste? Then why not apply glitter to wet embossing paste (a tip courtesy of the queen of embossing paste herself, Debby Hughes. Thanks, Debby!)
- Designs can look lost on a white-on-white design so texture and dimension is important. On my design I used shimmer card to match my sparkly snoflake on regular white card, and added dimension by popping up the smaller die-cut snoflake on foam pads.
- I don't have teeny-tiny foam pads for that teeny-tiny snowflake, but it's super easy to chop up my foam pads into teen-tiny ones. Problem solved. :)
- I couldn't make a sentiment work on this design without feeling like I'd ruin the pure, crisp, white feel of it. Not every card has to have a sentiment. :)
That's all from me today - and for this week! Thank you so much for sticking around and visiting this little corner of Blogland. I'm off for a week now (yay!) so I'm off to tackle my very long to-do list...Wish me luck!