Thursday 18 July 2013

A sentiment designed for me!

If you're looking for my CASE Study card, please scroll down - thanks! :)

HEY!
Hey!

Today marks the day of a fabulous new challenge, Uniko Studio styleeee!

Yup, Uniko Studio now has a monthly challenge starting on the 18th of every month. This gives you the chance to strut your stuff with your Uniko Studio goodies and be in with the chance of winning some too! :)


The theme of this month's challenge is 'Hello' and we're celebrating the new challenge with a little blog hop. You should have arrived here from Amber so if you haven't, you'll want to start at the Uniko Studio blog. 

Anyways, back to the theme of 'Hello'. Seeing as I kick off every blog post with the greeting, 'Hey!' it seemed so fitting to use that same sentiment for this super simple, super quick card. As soon as I got my inky mitts on this set, I squealed with delight when I saw that sentiment in that gorgeous font - so me! :D

Now in collaboration with the theme, the Uniko Studio DT are not only saying, "Hello!" with their creations, we're sharing a random fact with you about ourselves too (feel free to share a random fact about yourself too if you play along with us!). Now it took me longer to think of a random fact to share with you than it did to create the card - ha!

So. Drum roll, please. Random fact about yours truly: we had a pet tarantula when I was growing up. Not your typical pet around these parts, and definitely random! I know, you were probably expecting something way more exciting than this but trust me, there are some things you just don't wanna know about me (mwahahahah!) *wink*

tips and tricks
  •  It's much easier to stamp a sentiment first, and then die cut the shape around it rather than the other way around.
  • Heat embossing and impressing patterns into cardstock is a great way to add texture to an extremely simple design.
Hey Close 

Here's hoping you can check out what the rest of the Uniko Studio DT whipped up for this challenge - go on, you'll be left inspired and itching to ink along I'm sure! The challenge ends on August 14th, a randomly selected peep will win some Uniko Studio goodies and a top 3 will be selected too. :)

Signature2





Products Used


   

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

Hey! I love your card...the colors rock and the embossing is perfect.

oh boy, a spidey? I'm petrified of them and literally scream like a girl if I see one, I cannot begin to imagine what I would do if I saw a tarantula.

Lynn said...

I love the gorgeous gold embossing against the hot pink and orange. And a tarantula? Yuck!

Cheryl said...

Our pet tarantula was named Elizabeth. She sat in a terrarium in the family room for many years. What was my mom thinking?

Tenia Nelson said...

Hey girl....this card ROCKS!!!

Maureen said...

Hey Duchess! You are correct, this is the perfect sentiment for you! I'm thinking today is your last day of work? Woohoo! I know you'll be looking to RELAX and enjoy "doing nothing." Enjoy! ox

Unknown said...

Hey! Love it!

i'm with the band said...

Cute card! Love the embossing!

Stacey Schafer said...

fabulous, Amy! LOVE the pink/orange with gold embossing!

Ren-Yi said...

Heyyyyyy girl! Haha love saying hey to you now. Great tips and love your random fact. Just stay far away from me if you ever think of getting another pet tarantula!

Lea Lawson said...

Great colors!! Love the gold embossing!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Aimes, I love this card, and I love that you had a tarantula! I used to really want one when I was a kid. I had held one (not sure if it was at a museum or a school assembly or something) when I was a little girl, and I loved how it felt on my hand. I've wanted one ever since!

filc dekoracyjny said...

What a great card! I really like it ;)! I must do somethig similar ;0 Really great idea ;) In my country we said "filc dekoracyjny - dekoracje z filcu" it means something like "nice place, nice inspiration" THX

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.