Happy Monday! It's the start of another working week (the last one for me before the Easter holidays!) and it's also time for another Top Dog Dies project and this week we're teaming up with Authentique Paper!
This isn't your typical blog hop, but one that's lasting all week! Be sure to pop across the the Authentique blog and Facebook page every day this week for fabulous projects featuing the perfect pairing of Authentique papers and Top Dog Dies dies. In fact, tell 'em that Top Dog Dies sent ya and enter yourself into a special giveaway of an Authentique Prize Pack!
For my part in this project inspiration blog hop I've whipped up two projects. Authentique were kind enough to send us, the Top Dog Dies DT, scrummy papers to work with the form of the Anchored 6x6 paper pad and the Classique: Elegant 12x12 collection kit.
My first card today features elements from the Classique: Elegant collection combined with the two sweet butterflies from the Top Dog Dies Butterfly Finishers Die Set as well as the Top Dog Dies Vintage Alphabet Die to create my sentiment.
- I entered today's date on the date tab because this card is having to my SIL in who celebrates her birthday today! You could always leave this blank or use a stamp to stamp the word 'today' if you're not sure who to send it to, or you're not happy handwriting on it!
- I dug deep in my office supplies to find this mini bulldog clip. It suits the style of the card and makes a fun embellishment. :)
- I didn't own a number die in the same, vintage style so completely mixed things up by using a Memory Box die. Instead of trying to make it match the vintage style I gave it even more contrast & purpose by using the negative shape of the die cut.
For my second project I used papers from the Anchored paper pad along with the new Top Dog Dies Mini Tags Die Set. I love how sweet and tiny these tags are! :)
- The main panel of things card is built from three different 6x6 papers. The ship was cut from one design and placed on the map paper, and I fussy-cut the waves from another sheet.
- The tags were cut from the small border you very at the top of every sheet of paper in the pack. This coordinates perfectly with all of the papers used.
- I rounded the top corners of the main panel to echo the round scallops of the waves. :)
As always, thank you so very much for stopping by today and thank you all so much for your votes in the competition to find the UK's best arts and crafts blog. Still can't believe this blog has been shortlisted in such a competition! Thanks so much for your votes - voting ends this Friday is if you like what you see here and haven't voted yet, then there's still time to vote here! ;)
That's all from me today. I need to get this birthday card delivered to my SIL!