Wednesday 10 September 2014

A modern, contemporary autumn...

best wishes
Hey!

Well it's the 10th of the month which means that it's time for a new Clearly Besotted Stamps challenge!

We're back after a summer break from the challenges and just in time for autumn, so it seems rude not to dedicate this month's challenge to it. Yup, we want to see autumnal creations with some Clearly Besotted Stamps  goodies.

Only this week have I started to experience that warm, fuzzy feeling I get when autumn is approaching. It's my favourite season of the year by far and it might sound strange, but I love those foggy, sometimes frosty, mornings and watching the colours of the leaves turn into rich, beautiful shades of red and gold. Pass me my boots, I'm totally ready to embrace the season (and maybe pick a conker or two!) LOL!

I took a modern, contemporary take on the challenge with my focus on autumn being a die-cut of CBS's gorgeous maple leaf from the Autumn Flowers Die Collection. The colours share a hint of autumn courtesy of a scrap of gold Cricut iron-on material I had on my desk and a splattering of gold Ranger Perfect Pearls mixed with water. I'm going to 'fess up that I have our forthcoming wedding on the brain and these are our chosen colours so it's no surprise that they ended up on this card. :)

I really hope you can find the time to join in the fun with us! If you haven't already, please pop across to CBS HQ where you can find full deets of the challenge and see what the rest of the CBS DT inked up - you won't be disappointed!

That's all from me today. I actually have today booked off from the day job - feels pretty weird to be able to book days off by choice when you've had your holiday time decided for you for the past 10 years! Still, it's going to be anything but relaxing with more planning to do but it's amazing to think how much you can plan when you have an impending deadline looming! ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Signature2



Products used






14 comments:

Michelle Short said...

Gorgeous card Aimes, I love the pop of gold on the leaf xx

Kara said...

very pretty!

Lynn said...

Love the splash of gold Aimes! Happy planning!

~amy~ said...

g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s.

Kate said...

LOVE this Aimes, Such a fabulous card :) ive been looking for a leaf die and this is perfect ...but out of stock lol ...will have to stalk the shop.
Kate x

aaga said...

Love it so much! I've started to make our wedding album and had a similar choice of colour combo. ;-)

Miriam Prantner said...

This is gorgeous! Love the sparkle in the leaf and also the splatter!

Wida said...

this is amazing lady!

Lindsey said...

Super LOVE this!

sandie said...

Oh I have this set and must hunt it out and try to play along. I love your idea of the sparkle, at first I thought it was a shaker card...so I am deciding this is a cool and quick way to make a shaker xx

Maureen said...

all the gold is just yummy, Duchess! I can't wait to see all the gorgeous details of the wedding, including "the shoes!" ox

Cara said...

I love Autumn! This card is fabulous! I love that bit of gold your added with the strip.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty! I love the leaf die-cut window and the glitter shaker... I am so tempted to CASE it. :)

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous! And I love that you have used your wedding colours they are beautiful :) Gonna look stunning. Autumn always makes me want to get out my boots, I LOVE boots so any excuse to wear them! Kx

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.