Tuesday 20 September 2011

There's two sides to every impression plate...

Hey!

Happy Tuesday! Hope you all had a fabby weekend - it went way too fast for me but I did have a good ol' clean and organise of my crafty space finally! Honestly, it was beyond shameful the state I'd let that room get into *blush*

After I'd finally tidied my crafting corner studio up, I then proceeded to mess it all up again to have a card to share with you today :)

I hope you're prepared to see somethin' a li'l different....

...it's still a card...

...but with a difference...

...read my lips (or my typed words in this case!):

"I used the other side of my linen and canvas impression plate...intentionally!!!"
*gasp!*


Recovered from the shock yet?

Seems like I felt the plaid side of my plate was feelin' unloved and deserved some attention for our new challenge on A Passion for Papertrey! Our new challenge is to include a tag on your card: I opted for a tiny tag (it's still a tag, right?!) for a pretty CAS birthday card. I had my nephew in mind for this card; he turns 12 soon so I'm hoping the whole "HB 2 U" sentiment still makes me cool in his books *wink*

If you're wondering how I got the decorative edge to my vertical strip of white card, I simply threaded a nestie through it and ran it through my new Spellbinders Grand Calibur (can I just say that I think it's love at first cut with this baby!)

So c'mon and join the fun! The fortnight runs until Oct 3rd and you need only use on PTI product on your card to qualify!

OK, tea is on the table so I'm gonna dash and gobble!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Catch ya later!







Card Recipe
{For You, Party, HB 2 U}
Stamps: Tiny Tags, Birthday Bash Sentiments
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)/Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Bakers' Twine, Linen and Canvas Impression Plate, Tiny Tags Die (Papertrey Ink)/Spellbinders Grand Calibur/Nestabilities

17 comments:

Meredith MacRitchie said...

This looks awesome!

Debby said...

As the mum to a 13 year old - this card will definately hit the spot for your nephew! Fab design, love the depth of colour and the dark side of the plate!

Emma said...

Classic Aimes - girl I just LOVE your style!. You always nail those pesky male cards. Great tip about the nestie too - thanks :D

Caryn said...

Don't gobble too quickly madam, you'll give yourself indigestion!!!

What was that you said there Aimes?? A Grand Calibur? You mean it came?? How totally fab is that? Love what you did with it too and how you were brave enough to resist the linen side of your plate for this one!! I have just ordered that IP thanks to you - you rascal!!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Rhonda said...

Love the clean red and white. Yes, your nephew will think your cool. Great card Aimes!

Lindsay said...

You are too funny Aimes! I too, neglect that side of the plate. It is apparently it's fate! This card is lovely, red and white are so classic!

lil-paper-pixie said...

Stunning as usual, Can't believe you have used the other side of the plate!! Got to say, seeing the amazing creations you have made with that plate, you inspired me to use mine (had it since it wasreleased and never used it....I know, I should be ashamed but then most of my thing are neglected...LOL).

Always been a fan of your cards Aimes but in the last 12 months they have all been extra special, love em all!! Keep em coming.

Hugs

Sarah

Karen B. said...

How cool. You work this side just as awesome as you do the other side.

Lynn said...

Aimes, I am so proud of you. The other side of your impression plate must have been feeling a bit lonely :) and your nephew will love this...perfect CAS design for a boy!!

Unknown said...

wow, very cool!!

Maureen said...

Can I say I'm just a little "jeally" of your new toy?!! I see you didn't 'list' all your winnings this morning to me...must be TOO LONG!? teehee ;) I love the long panel you created with it and that sweet little tag. There's no doubt in my mind that your nephew won't love this and think you're the coolest...'cause you are, Duchess :) Hmmm, may have to play with this challenge as well :) you enabler, you!! ;) hugs!

Tigriswillreign said...

It looks stunning!

Sharron said...

Cool card--and so great for a 13 year old! We have a grandson that age and I always struggle with what to make for him. Love the red, white & blue--and the plaid!!

Jess said...

Fantastic! You always make cards that make me go WOW, you know that??

I love the Papertrey impression plates as well - you make me want to go and get some, now!

:)

Andrea M said...

He, He!!! That side of the plate is unloved by me as well - the other side of the plate is so darn fabulous!!! But this side - well, it's pretty spectacular too. Especially when you see it show cased like this baby!! Gorgeous Aimes!!

kasia c. said...

Love this! The colour scheme is great and the little tag is perfection. :)

Laurie said...

You mean my favorite ever Linen IP has *another* side? OMG! I must go check it out...and really use something new for once! I ALWAYS use the linen but you have inspired me once again! This card is FAB!! I just love the texture!! Hugs!!!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.