Friday 9 August 2013

Mega masking!

With Love On Your Special Day

Hey!

Hooray for Friday! Hooray for more Uniko Studio sneaky peeks of the August release! I hope that you've enjoyed what you've seen so far. All products are available for purchase from Sunday August 11th!

Today's card features the technique of masking. A whole lot of masking. Using a sweet flower from the set Flower Power #3.  I love this graphic style little Chysanthemum and I couldn't resist using it to build a pattern.

The sentiment(s) feature from Flower Power #3 too and I love the delicate swirly font - so fun!

tips and tricks
  • It's really handy to create a few 'masks' of stamps by stamping them on the sticky part of a Post-It note and keeping them safe with your stamp set after using them. 
  • I originally wanted to stamp the solid image of the flower to create an ombre effect, but the lack of coloured inks in my supply made me change my mind and use markers instead. Stamping the outline flower in a grey ink rather than a black ink, keeps the design soft.
  • Mix and match sentiments from the same set to achieve custom sentiment. On this card I used three different sentiments from the same set!
That's all from me today, but be sure to check out how the rest of the Uniko Studio DT inked this set up:
Don't forget there are mystery prizes up for grabs that will be announced on the Uniko Studio blog on August 11th. There are lots of ways to win, by commenting on the blog or a DT member blog during the countdown to release, FacebookTwitter and Pinterest.

As always, thank you so much for stopping by here today. I hope you have a great weekend!

Signature2


13 comments:

Hayley said...

I love this technique. It looks like it has been drawn. I haven't tried masking yet so will have a little play now. Thanks for sharing x

Anouk said...

Beautiful card, hope you can make a video of the masking technique

Jane said...

Love the ombre effect you've created. The explanations are really helpful too.

Lyndal said...

FABULOUS layers Aimes - gorgeous showcase!

Elena said...

mega masking makes me so happy! i love the ombré effect of the flower background.

~amy~ said...

mega-wow

cm said...

What a unique way to showcase the new release! Love the look of those flowers, and the tips on mega-masking is soooo appreciated! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!
c

Maureen said...

oh, I'm a sucker for a banner, Duchess. Gorgeous masking technique perfected by you! I trust you are enjoying your summer :) ox

Antonella said...

Love it! Your masking tips are great, I do love my post-its :-) Can't wait to see all the new stamps.
Hugs, antonella :-)

Ruth S said...

What a great card - all that masking defintely paid off and the grey outline ink is a beautiufl soft finish... thanks for that tip ;)
Rx

sandie said...

Gorgeous Aimies, love how you used the grey ink to stamp and the subtle build in colour is perfect. Got my London die cuts-made a fun card for a DT in a few weeks-will let you know! x

Denise Bryant said...

Gorgeous card! Love the ombre look!

Ren-Yi said...

love your masking. so clean and well executed! i should really try to store my stuff better than trying to re-create a mask every time. it's usually so time-consuming so i skip ;) love how you pieced your lil sentiment together!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.