Sunday 21 June 2015

A patriotic Father's Day card...

Happy Father's Day
Hey!

Happy Sunday! Happy Father's Day! Happy Summer Solstice! Happy Midsummer's Day! Happy birthday (to me!) 

Yup, another birthday has crept up on me today and I'm still finding it hard to believe and act the age I was the year before, let alone my new age today. ;)

As it's Father's Day I thought I'd share with you the card I've created for my father-in-law. A simple, graphic card with a patriotic Irish colour combo seems to have gone down well, (I can say this as we visited my in-laws yesterday for a yummy meal out and insisted that he opened his card early!)

tips and tricks

  • I honestly don't think you can go wrong with stars for guy cards. They're my go-to shape for every masculine card, but I never tire of featuring them. :) 
  • The stars were made sparkly by covering cardstock with some basic glitter tape purchased from John Lewis and die-cutting small stars from it. 
  • I made sure that my stripes were measured and cut to fit so there's an orange stripe at the top and bottom of the card front. This enhances the symmetry of the clean, graphic design. 
Masculine cards can be tough to make at the best at times, but I'm going to admit that this one was particularly tough. Today is the third Father's Day without my dear dad but it's the first one where my birthday falls on the same day. It doesn't happen often, but it makes today a bittersweet birthday. I'm lucky to have many happy memories though. So today on my birthday and Father's Day I'm thinking of happy times like this memory of us captured on a summer holiday. Yes, my hair really was that red when I was a youngster. ;)


Happy days. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and if you're celebrating it, then I hope you have a wonderful day celebrating Father's Day and any other special occasions that may fall on this day!

Signature2

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Happy Birthday Aimes!!!!!
What an awesome masculine card!

Anonymous said...

Aimes, first off, a very Happy Birthday to you! You're so awesome! Next, I really, really love your Father's Day card! Love stars! And, lastly, Happy Summer Solstice to You!

Sue said...

Wishing you a Happy Birthday, I hope you are having a fabulous day. Such a lovely photo holding many happy memories.
Your card is fabulous, I love the stylish design and wonderful colours.
Sue xx

Lynn said...

Love the pic of you and your dad Aimes. Sending you lots of love and hugs my friend. xoxo

Sandhya Blogger said...

fathers day card

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.