Tuesday 17 August 2010

Faithful Stars!

Hey!

Happy Tuesday, y'all!!!! Hope you're having a fabby week so far...now I know that for some of you, it's back to school time, but I've still got 2.5 weeks of freedom left and I'm making the most of every second of it :D!

So y'know how I was sayin' that we went to see my guy's family for guy birthdays at the weekend? Well today I'm sharing the card that I made for his Dad. Now Dads are tricky customers to make cards for, I mean my guy's dad is completely different to my dad! My dad is all about the countryside and wheel barrows and Chris' dad is all about business and travelling the world for it! Totally different characters LOL!

So when in a pickle like this, I always grab my ever-so-faithful-star prints stamp set and get busy:

I'm sure one day, Chris' dad will realise that every card he's had from us features stars.....I need to get a new guy card stamp set methinks!

Right then, before I dash, I just thought I'd share a funny pic with ya. Now in my Enjoy Life post I told you about how happy I was, and how I'd just had a funny hen afternoon/night with my girlie friends. Well I've now got the pic that features yours truly in full men's ice hockey gear, no where near ice....and before you even suggest it, there wasn't a Gin and Tonic in sight as I was driving! Just the good ol' tea and fruit juice for me....


...so what does this suggest about me?! LOL! Well I'm thinking of wearing this when I go back to school. And d'ya wanna know the funny part? I'm heading back for a girly sleepover on Wednesday which means I can have a drink....so who knows what may happen if this is how I end up drinking just tea and fruit juice LOL!

Catch ya later!
Aimes
x

Card Deets
{It's Your Day}
Stamps: PTI - Star Prints/Practicing Creativity Designs - For the Love of Dots
Ink: PTI - Spring Rain,Spring Moss/Versamark/Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Cardstock: PTI - Vintage Cream, Kraft
Paper: PTI - Spring Moss Bitty Box Basics
Accessories: PTI -Jute Ribbon Twine/Cuttlebug/Nestabilities /Corner Rounder

23 comments:

Lucy Abrams said...

What a FAB card - love the stars and the punched half circles - perfect for a masculine card. Love it.
Enjoy the hols... mine are going by too quickly. :( I'm making the most of every mine though. Just enjoyed a bit of 'Homes Under the Hammer' while sorting through piles of paper. :)

Anika said...

Love your card. You're totally right - Star Prints is the perfect set for guy cards!

~amy~ said...

Love your fabbie card girlie!!! it's perfect-o! LOL...thanks for sharing the pic of you:) toooo fun!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Great guy b-day card! Love the stars popped out like that. And girl, you sound like someone that has a fabulous time no matter where you are!

Agnieszka said...

Love the gorgeous card and nice outfit idea (lol) :)

Dana said...

HAHAH! LOVE that pic of you in the hockey gear sans the alcohol Amy! Fun.
And the card for your guy's dad is fab. I never bought star prints but man it works for everything, doesn't it.?!

Carly said...

I love, love this card! What a super fab design! CAS perfection! Love the hockey pic too!

Maureen said...

Aimes...you really have a creative eye for design on a card...LOVE how you punch out part circles for the stars...so creative...really, now :) The twine is perfect for a masculine card :)

LOL, you know what I think of that photo!!! LOL....but you really need a Canadian jersey...hmmm, my next blog candy perhaps? Have fun with the girls!!!

B said...

Oh so fun! Love the punched 1/2 circles behind the stars and the hockey pic is just classic!

Angy said...

Perfect - Love the combo of punched circles and stars! I am definitely going to have to CASE this! Thanks for the inspiration.

Andrea Ewen said...

Love your card Aimes, beautiful CAS design and I'm sure Chris doesn't mind stars, it's better than hearts and flowers. (lol)

Taheerah said...

Aimes this card is amazing! It looks like a Maile card!! Truly stunning work!!

Jenny said...

Such a great card, so pretty! :) :) :) LOL funny pic too! :D

Andrea M said...

Aimee -that's the most magnificent masculine card i have ever seen!!!!! Love the punched circles and the twine. You rock CAS!!!
I agree with Maureen - we'll have to get you a Canadian hockey jersey ;) Looks like a blast! Hope you have more fun with the girlies! I just got back from a friends wedding and it was soooo much fun - there were "libations" involved :)

Lynn said...

Aimes, Have a great time with the girls...and watch out for those cameras if you have a few drinks :)!!!!

Love your card...and you said you didn't know how to do masculine...YES YOU DO!!!

Sorry for the back to school talk - enjoy your time!

Terri said...

Great guy card. I have this set but is still has not seen ink. I really need to change that soon. Great photo of you too!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I sure don't envy you having so many males to create cards for! I bet you could make a hundred cards before anyone would notice they all have cards on...you know what men are like lol!
I always ask hubby....which card do you like the best? He hates it ROFL, I do it now mainly to wind him up ;)
I'm still loving that photo and can't wait to see what pics you'll be posting Thursday!!!

Have a great day Aimes.
Katie x

Unknown said...

The card is beautiful...love how you lined the stars, pretty job..:)..and your pic is really funny!!...

Sharron said...

FUN photo! I think you do a SUPER job with all your guy cards--and stars are the perfect choice! The punched circles are a great touch!

Vanessa said...

Haha, you are so sweet! Love your new look - might become a new hot style :) Can't wait to hear what you did after you had a drink. I once did some internet shopping after I had some wine with my husband - he didn't stop me and I ended up buying useless fabric trims for about 100 €!!! Never used any of them - they are too broad for cards. And not really pretty.
Oh, and love your card! I always wish I had this stamp set when I see your fab masculine cards using it! Hugs, Vanessa x

Jen Carter said...

Love your card! The design is fabulous!

Cammie said...

What a great card! Each card you make with this set makes me wish I owned it. Sadly, new releases tend to push items out of my cart. Love the photo and the idea of wearing to school. I used to joke about walking in the classroom on the first day with a whip. :)

Nerina said...

LOVE this! I can't think of any guy (whatever his type) that wouldn't absolutely JUMP for this card! Your punched out circles are fantastic - and the twine is a perfect touch! Love the ice hockey gear :0) remember to post the next pic in the series after the girlie night out *with* the G&T :0) Heeee!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.