Wednesday 19 September 2012

Pumpkins and Candy Corn - Yum!


Hey!

So we're halfway through the week and halfway through the release countdown for the September release at The Craft's Meow!

The Craft's meow

We've peeked at Vintage Clocks, we've adored Lovely Ovals but we've not yet celebrated the season. No, not Christmas (you really think that I'm that well organised with my crafting?!) but my favourite season of them all, autumn!

Today we've got two super sweet sets up for sneaky peeks: 'Fall Blessings' and 'Fall with Fibi and Lilly'. Both sets are super cute and features sweet images with Halloween and Thanksgiving in mind.

For my first project I inked up 'Fall Blessings':

Give Thanks

I couldn't resist the lovely pumpkin in this set - it gave me the perfect excuse to sit and colour :)

Next up, 'Fall with Fibi and Lilly'

happy halloween
FYI: I added the lines around the candy corn to add some movement/fun to them :)

Although the set focuses on the characters, Fibi and Lilly, I decided to focus on the candy corn image and stamped it repeatedly across a strip of card. I do love me some candy corn - it first hit my taste buds a couple of years ago and although it's not super easy to get hold of over here, I definitely recommend it. Yum!

Now I've only featured a small element of each stamp set we're previewing today. Be sure to check out the rest of the TCM DT too of course!  

I dunno about you but I'm craving a sweet treat now! But before I dash to get a sweet fix, I'd better tell you how you could win one of these sets for yourself today. Simply leave a comment on the TCM Blog by 9pm PST tonight and a random winner will be selected for each set!

Thanks so much for visiting here today - I always appreciate your visits!

Catch ya later!








Card Deets
{Give Thanks}
Stamps: Fall Blessings (The Craft's Meow)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Harvest Gold (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Canvas and Linen Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink)/Apron Lace Border Punch (Fiskars)/Promarkers (Letraset)/Twine (Pink Paislee)


{Happy Halloween}
Stamps: Fall with Fibi and Lilly (The Craft's Meow)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Cardstock: True Black, White (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Promarkers, Fineline Black Pen (Letraset)



11 comments:

Lynn said...

Two adorable, adorable card Aimes...love them...and now it's time to go find candy corn...yummo!

Unknown said...

Love your cards! Such a pretty pumpkin with a gorgeous font.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

How cute are your little candy corn?! I love the movement (they're dancing!) and the sentiment over the top! Super job!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such sweet cards! I just LOVE the first one, your coloring is fantastic too!

pamela said...

I love all the color inspiration from Autumn! Super pretty colors but I really don't want my summer to go yet!

Larissa Heskett said...

Aimes!! I LOVE your creations!! Such BEAUTIFUL FALL CREATIONS!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Anonymous said...

Love the bright and cheery pumpkin card with it's great coloring! I love the dancing or swaying candy corn! I have a friend who adores candy corn and she would love me to make a card with this set! I actually found a a handpainted canvas of a giant candy corn and this would be a great card to go with it! I can't believe I actually paid $14 for the painting but hey, it will make her laugh as it did me when I saw it in the window!

Chris R. from Iowa
ckrobinson01@Hotmail.com

Karen B. said...

Love the wiggles on the candy corn!

Crafty Math Chick said...

I really love the classy simplicity of both of these cards.

Lagene said...

Your pumpkin & candy corn cards are so SO CUTE!

~amy~ said...

such fun girlie.

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.